Fairphone 3 : Update

I can confirm that Wi-Fi Hotspot seems to be broken with 2020062560240.
Hotspot can be activated, but other devices don’t see it. Settings for security and frequency don’t matter.

1 Like

Yup, same thing with me!

I like the new changelog. Thank you. :slight_smile:

But some links to gitlab items are broken.

That is an interesting problem. I just checked. Some of the issues are marked private by the users who created them. That is why when you try to check them from the phone they appear as if the link is broken. Let me check if we can show a message for such issues.

2 Likes

Ok, lets see.

Or make a copy of the texts. A changelog without a change description does not make much sense.

The link doesn’t seem to work:
https://images.ecloud.global/stable/FP3/e-0.9-p-2020060957753-stable-FP3.zip.changelog

The stable build has not been updated as yet. The changelog changes are on the dev builds. Stable channel builds should go out in the next couple of days after we have one round of testing.

1 Like

After the update i can’t activate the Hotspot or the other Devices can’t See it.

Yes, this is currently broken, unfortunately.
A fix is on its way, as you can see here …

3 Likes

There is no changelog for the 2020070161107 OTA Update. Only the old from Jun.

1 Like

This is the changelog, these are the changes. There maybe some overlap with the 9th June update, but for example the screen lag solution, and the new settings icons were not in 9th update.

This changelog doesn’t show the changes in the
2020070161107 build, which is offered to users right now.
(E.g. the Wi-Fi hotspot regression was apparently fixed with this new build, this works again for me.)

And 20200701 is not a “June update” by default (which currently is still the headline of the changelog).

So this changelog currently fails to be a helpful changelog. It doesn’t connect the listed changes to a certain build in a recognisable fashion, and it doesn’t list changes of a new build which was released already.

I’m talking about the stable channel. Maybe the wifi stuff is missing but the rest is correct.

That’s nice for the stable channel, but the changelog doesn’t say which channel it is about either, or does it in case you open it from the stable channel Updater?

It’s from the updater page, but i think they are the same. v0.9-pie

Update to 2020070161107
First when almost 100% download the phone ‘forgot’ the download.
So I had to download again.
After reboot I can’t enter my sim pin.
I can’t reboot, the phone reacts to nothing.
Removed the battery.
Now I am able to enter the sim pin of card 1 and 2 and the pin of the phone.
But when I want to enter the code for the wifi I don’t get a keyboard. (It’s already odd that the phone forgot the wifi code.)
When I try Signal, then I get a keyboard.
Now I have to go, so I can’t try more.

Hi all,

I see in App that I have 3 available updates.
When I start one of them, the download is running and App crashes all the time before installation. Running on FP3. 2020070161107 release.

Same problem for someone ?

If you are running on 2020070161107, then you are on the newest version.
The phone may show older versions, but it won’t install them.
This is correct behaviour of the phone.

2 Likes

I have throw away the setting of the wifi and reboot the phone.
Now the phone is working okay and I am able to enter the code for the preferred wifi network.

3 Likes

Since the last stable update (I bought with /e/ pre-installed) I got my screen somehow turned off twice in the last 24 hours and had to reboot. Then it seems ok. It’s a bit strange because I made the update on july 2 and since then didn’t made any change to the phone, installed or uninstalled any app. So I don’t know how did it suddenly started turning off the monitor.
Any of you had this problem recently?
Thanks

Edit: corrected some grammer and words I invented in English