Fairphone 4 Android 12 to 13 Upgrade

Hello, I’m reaching out to inquire about whether I’ll be able to upgraded to Android 13 via OTA. If other methods, how? My current version is 1.19.1 stable. There is no updates available, and it says it’s running the latest version. Is this normal?

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/OS the deGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

No, the upgrade was made available, the updater should have offered it to you …

… but perhaps there is a hickup in the updater, in which case there was a generic fix descibed here (for fixing updater crashes back then, but it’s still a generic fix you could try for your issue) …

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion @AnotherElk No luck for me, I even tried restarting after clearing the storage/cache of the Updater app. What else could it be?

I bought the phone directly from Murera with e/os preloaded. Didn’t have any issues with the OTA before. Admittedly, I didn’t use the phone for about 6months, so it doesn’t seem to get the latest updates. Help please or is there a better place to raise this issue?

Install platform-tools on a computer
Installing adb and fastboot on a Linux PC
Installing adb and fastboot on Windows PC

Download this file e-2.4.1-t-20241009439851-official-FP4.zip on the computer, (put it into the platform-tools folder)
Boot the phone into recovery mode.
Select Apply Update, then Apply from ADB

The screen should now change and the output at the bottom ask you to send the package from your computer.

On the computer issue command to sideload the eOS installation zip.

adb sideload e-2.4.1-t-20241009439851-official-FP4.zip

the phone screen will be mostly blank with just the output at the bottom showing progress.

On the computer the sideloading shows progress as a percentage figure that will stop at 47%. The phone will still be installing though (even though it might feel like nothing is happening sometimes!) and you can expect to see the following screens

Then press the arrow at the top of the screen to return to Home Screen

Tap Reboot system now to boot into eOS.

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply @piero , I’ll give it a try next Monday and let you know. Will my data be wiped during the process? I’m hoping to keep my data.