Fairphone - FP4 - FP4 - Documentation Suggestions

Did you try all of those : https://www.droidwin.com/fix-waiting-for-device-in-adb-or-fastboot-commands/ ?

1 Like

I selected reboot bootloader (volume up and down buttons and then press power) while I was in the bootloader that fixed it for me.

I finished the install successfully but in only boots into the bootloader now so I would wait a bit.
But I am curious if your install will work.

Hey, did anyone manage to successfully install /e/ on the FP4, now? Or are you all stuck in the bootloader-loop?

2 Likes

Hey Hulk,
I had the same Problems.
Please check if OEM Unlock was successfull an usb debugging works.
If you are enables usb debugging a Message apears (somethings like: to disable usb debugging klick here). In my case I think i klicked without reading the message an the usb debugging mode was gone…

Same problem here :frowning:

Hi @yoraps, replying to your post in the other thread (since we were asked not to post off-topic).
I managed to unlock the bootloader by activating WiFi. However, I am just concerned to flash /e/OS as long as people report that they are trapped in a bootloader loop and no solution is posted. Better safe than sorry … :innocent:

1 Like

Maybe a noob question, but " 1. Unzip the folder and browse into it " - what do they mean by browse into it? I unzipped it, i unlocked the bootloader, locked it again without a problem, but i need more advice what to do with the files i downloaded and unzipped. (i cant believe I just should type the commands after unzipping)

2 Likes

This means that you have to be in the directory where the files are located and if, then you just have to do the commands.
But don’t do it right now… we’re all stuck.

It was the USB cable. With another fastboot worked then. USB c/c did not a/c worked

For all with the bootloop
Had same problem
Changed active slot and then it booted
Active was b and changed to a

fastboot --set-active=a

Or

fastboot --set-active=b

The current active can be seen in recovery mode

5 Likes

@FairphoneHulk, did you manage to start the phone with /e/OS? Can I send kudos?

What is kudos?

congratulations, reputation, “chapeau”, a deep bow … :slight_smile:

You are right, b is active. How can i change?

In bootloader

fastboot --set-active=a

Or

fastboot --set-active=b

The current active can be seen in recovery mode

1 Like

Hi everybody
I’m new to Fairphone and new to /e/. I’m excited and eager to get it going but have no real clue… :slight_smile:
I’m getting (like many) all the way to point 6 and then I’m stuck at 7… Where can I find this “a/b thing”? can you tell us where we can see that in recovery? I can’t find it…

It only answers fastboot: unknown option – set-active=a

EDIT: Solved. needed to download a newer fastboot version

EDIT 2: Thanks Fairphonehulk, after flashing again, changing the partition it works perfectly.

2 Likes

and I get: fastboot: error: Device does not support slots

So I just tried the install and after its done it one time boots the E logo and then gets back to the bootloader. After that it directly boots in to the boot loader.
I would like to create an issue but I’m not allow to create a git account for it and my forum login does not work.
Any ideas on both of those problems?

I followed this guide
https://doc.e.foundation/devices/FP4/install
And installed IMG-e-0.21-r-20220112156786-stable-FP4.zip
Which gives me the suspicion that its a beta because the version is 0.21 and not 0.20 like it should be but its marked as the stable release in the guide.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Hi,

I have the exact same problem, i tried to re-flash everything again in case i forgot one command line but it didn’t help. The phone boots directly to the bootloader.

Same problem here… :frowning: