Feedback for v1.10

You have reported on this thread Post #70 that your Moto G 5G / Motorola One 5G Ace – ‘kiev’ has become unusable due to the update to e-1.10-s-20230413279105-dev-kiev.

I do not know how significant is another reported Moto G failure /e/OS crashes randomly after a few Minutes as it is a different build, Moto G 5G Plus ‘nairo’

One always hopes that the contents of this thread where failure is mentioned will find its way back to the developers. To be certain one should Report an issue.

If one did decide to rollback to the previous version, e-1.9-s, one would use adb sideload and, yes, one would need to format data.

1 Like

The OTA update for FP4 were avalible today.
All worked fine.
Thank you all.

2 Likes

Fairphone
FP3/3+
“FP3”
1.9.1s stable
Not rooted

Despite seeing reports of FP3+ users updating to 1.10, the updater does not offer this update to me.

Oneplus 9 pro (lemonadep) also did not come back after the 10 update for me.
It is now stuck on qualcomm crashdump screen.

Did you already try to refresh the updater a few times (button top right, next to the three dot menu)?

1 Like

Nowadays I always click a few times on the refresh button (had that issue before), but after your post, I tried trice more, and yo! There it was…
Thanks for "unlocking* me :smile:

1 Like

If you keep the installation task “on top” and make sure the device remains active (i.e. not in black screen/standby), it will be way quicker. You can use the tool “Koffein” (German … in English probably caffeine) to keep the device active. (Search for “caffeine quick tile” online, it is pre-installed in e OS as well.)

2 Likes

Samsung S9 plus x 2
Update to 1.10 from 1.9 all went smoothly, seemed much faster update process (after download) than normal.

Only just done, so will give feedback later if something doesn’t work.

Samsung S7, smooth update from 1.9 to 1.10.

2 Likes

Bonus question: Does an >8 h installation time indicate an issue? Possibly that updater cannot continue in background?

Murena FP 4, OTA Update without issues.
Thank you team !

In general I would assume an issue, but is it still progressing very slowly for you, or did it really stop … and at which point?

I suspect it stopped sometime during the night, and finished within minutes once I woke the phone and got updater into the foreground. I checked that updater app itself is not restricted battery-wise, but maybe it depends on a secondary process that is?

Edit: Status was" Finalizing package installation", bar was at 80-90%

1 Like

I am never sure about this … I believe it was observed once before that Updater required to stay in foreground. Correct or not, I always leave Updater running alone on the device, with battery level >65%

1 Like

I also had a download error yesterday with updater in background. In foreground, no issue.

Samsung
Galaxy S7 (SM-G930F)
herolte
previously: 1.9-q-20230310268292-stable-herolte
now: 1.10-q-20230412278812-stable-herolte
Not Rooted

… works fine from what I can tell so far.
Thanks a lot for keeping that hardware alive!
:+1:

3 Likes
Vendor Name: Motorola
Device name: Moto G 5S XT1794 32GB P3 
Device CodeName: montana
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 1.9
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: not

Well, I’m seriously in troubles.

The device worked for half a day and then refused to boot.
It remains indefinitely on the splash screen with “e and bouncing ball”.
Android probably on S, but can’t check it no longer.

Actually, the phone showed instability and frequent crashes since 1.0, and they were increasingly more frequent as e/OS/ moved through 1.1, 1.2 …

Nonetheless, rebooting the phone simultaneously pressing on+volume down buttons always resorted in successful booting. But since yesterday.

I switched to my second device, but tasks do not sync with murena and I cannot move my Signal account.

Questions

1. I can see the logs on recovery page. How can I transfer them ? I would like to
    open a gitlab issue and paste them there

2. any possibility either to make a backup or to inspect/copy my files/photo in
    these conditions ?

3. I see from recovery a “enable ADB” option.
    Before going to a definitive “factory reset”, would flashing the 1.10 from adb
    save some data ?

I’m badly needing suggestions and help

Vendor Name: Fairphone
Device name: Fairphone 3
Device CodeName: FP3
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 1.9.1-s-20230405276851-stable-FP3
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: No

After installing and rebooting, the phone got stuck in the splash screen with the Fairphone logo, similar to what was reported above: Feedback for v1.10 - #18 by 16NoCo

I waited for about 15 minutes until I decided to manually hold the power button to turn the device off. Luckily, it did turn back on normally and everything seems to be working fine so far. I will keep this updated if I run into any more issues.

1 Like

On my Murena FP4, which has never had problems with OTA updates, 1.10 also took an extremely long time: It was only done after 4 hours. But then so far without errors

Vendor Name: Fairphone
Device name: Fairphone 3
Device CodeName: FP3
Previously 1.9.1 stable
Not rooted
Update finished without problems - took a bit time (about 25 Min.). After all a good experience.
Thank you, devs!

1 Like