Feedback for v1.10

Vendor Name: Teracube
Device name: 2e
Device CodeName: emerald
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: e-1.9-r-20230312268580-dev-emerald
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Rooted

New build e-1.10-r-20230414279828-dev-emerald took just under 25 minutes to download and install.

So far everything I normally use is working well.

2 Likes

Thank you /e/OS Murena team !

1 Like
  • Vendor Name: Sony
  • Device name: Xperia XZ2 Compact
  • Device CodeName: xz2c
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 1.9
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: not rooted.

1 Like

Vendor Name: OnePlus
Device name: Nord
Device CodeName: avicii
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 1.9 stable
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Not rooted

Everything seems good! Great work!

2 Likes
  • Google
  • Pixel 5
  • RedFin
  • v1.9.0
  • Not Rooted

Download and install took longer than expected, but everything is working flawlessly after upgrade.

1 Like
  • Vendor Name: Asus
  • Device name : ZenFone 8
  • Device CodeName : sake
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously : 1.9 S dev
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted : not rooted

The V. 1.10 update took as usual, for my phone with the package installation, in total approx. 1h30.
Update went fine, so far everything I normally use is working well.

Many thanks /e/OS team!

1 Like
  • Vendor: Gigaset
  • Device Name: GS 290
  • Previous Version of /e/OS: 1.9
  • Rooted: No
    The update went smoothly, Android was automatically updated to version 11. The device then runs as usual, I noticed nothing yet. My alarm tone and my notification tones were reset again but that was not critical. Thank you for the good work.
1 Like
  • Vendor Name : Poco (Xiaomi)
  • Device name : Poco F2 Pro
  • Device CodeName : lmi
  • Version of /e/OS : 1.10-s20230413279105-dev-lmi
  • Device Rooted : yes
  • Android version : 12

After updating to eOS 1.10 I lost the Masgik settings (in order to use 2FA when paying online with banking apps). As I understand it’s normal.
But it is impossible to update/reinstall Magisk : via adb the “sdcard” directory (idem for the “storage” directory) remains empty. And this directory is essential to patch the boot.img. So I lost the ability to pay online transactions.

That’s the only problem I found so far.

The eOS Team is fantastic ! Bravo ! :+1:

1 Like

/e/OS-R ‘stable’ manual installation on a Gigaset GS290

IMG-e-1.10-r-20230412278811-stable-GS290.zip

Vendor Name: Gigaset
Device name: GS290
Device CodeName: GS290
Version of Stock which existed previously: Android 10 Build-N° Gigaset_GS290_10.0_V14.202330214
Is the device Not rooted

Extracted / unzip /e/OS ROM e-1.10-r
Manual installation of each *.img file via fastboot

A first short test shows: WiFi, Bluetooth, LTE (SIM), /e/ App Lounge works.

1 Like

Samsung
Galaxy S7
SM-G930F
Version 1.8.1 Q Stable-herolte
Not rooted
Hello,
Upgrade to V1.10 without any problem!
Thanks to all the team! After several years, my phone is more and more stable and I hope I can use it for a long time.
Tchao

2 Likes

A tip for the next OTA update:

Go to Settings => Screen => Sleep. Set the sleep time to 30 minutes, then start the update.

When the update is finished, reset the sleep time to one minute.

This way, the update process will not go into “sleep” mode but will continue dynamically. The duration will be much shorter. (about 25 minutes for me)

The 1.10 update worked very well on my FP4 and my wife’s (stable / no root). No bugs to report.

If you use the synchronized notes with a Murena account, you will have to clear the cache and the data of the “notes” application, otherwise there will be a synchronization error.

7 Likes

Samsung
Galaxy S9+ (SM-G965F) (refurbished)
Bought at e.foundation
Not rooted
Updated from 1.9 to e_star2lte-user 10 QQ3A.200805.001 eng.root.20230422.135115 dev-keys,stable-release

No problem noticed except the fact that when i want to see the releases notes from the menu /System Updates/Show Release Notes/ i land on a 404 error page:
https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/os/releases/-/releases/v1.10-q

Thanks to the devs! great work!

1 Like
  • Murena
  • FairPhone
  • FP3
  • 1.9.1s ? (I install stable updates as they become available)
  • Not rooted

Symptom similar to @Yalb (post #71): the update seems to have killed my internet over mobile network connection.

***** Edited to add: UPDATE, problem solved by manually resetting APN.

2 Likes

Release notes, by Android version. seem only prepared for v1.10-s atm.

These are the APNs that were not more compatible with the update.

I put back new APN and now everything works.

1 Like

Yes, but since this must be mentioned here every single time it could also be implemented as a feature: keep the screen on when an OS update starts. Should be a rather simple thing.

2 Likes

Fairphone 3+
FP3
From 1.9s-stable to 1.10s-stable
Not rooted

Rebooted before update, screen set to stay on, phone not used during update. Update took longer than usual but not excessively so, 35 minutes from pressing install (once downloaded) to completion of post-update reboot (compared to usual 20 minutes).

All seems OK so far. An initial failure to connect to the internet using mobile data was solved by rebooting.

3 Likes

‘We now cache all account messages for faster loads’ is listed in the release notes as an improvement to Mail.

My emails are downloaded and my Inbox is automatically emptied when I access my emails on my laptop.

When I subsequently open Mail on my phone, instead of seeing an empty inbox as previously, I now see briefly all the cached items before the Inbox is cleared.

I’ve tried clearing the cache in App settings but this still happens. Should Mail’s cache not be updated automatically to reflect the clearing of the inbox?

Everything fine !
I regained 2FA banking via Magisk.
My mistake : I was trying to ADB the phone when in recovery mode. I discovered that only using ADB when phone is normally running will the content of the “sdcard” directory show up.
:upside_down_face:

1.10-s-20230412278810-stable-FP4

• Vendor name: Fairphone
  • Device name: FP4
  • Device code name: FP4
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously 1.9-s-20230310268290-stable-FP4
  • Device not rooted

Everything is working after installation.
As I did not use the apps or settings (often), I cannot say whether the behaviour is better or not

1 Like