Feedback for v1.12.3

This issue with Teracube devices calls not completing or dropping has been reported post release of 1.12.3, The development team is working on finding a resolution to the same. The issue was marked confidential by the user, hence not able to link it here. Will update on the progress.

I have the exact same problem. I need my phone to work! Please help.

Did you see my post? I didn’t mark mine confidential. Please share the resolution as soon as possible as I need my phone to work, I dont have a second phone!

1.12 on Teracube 2e Emerald: unable to make calls, or add the necessary access point for AT&T/Cricket. Cannot edit access points, or delete the extra one that showed up with this install. Reverted to 1.10

Teracube
Teracube 2e
zirconia build
v1.11 previously, updated OTA
Not rooted AFAIK

I’m having concerning battery drain issues with the new update. Also phone memory maxed out and caused performance issues day of update. Memory seems to have sorted itself for the time being.

I charged my phone overnight and woke up to it only being 85% charged despite being hooked up for 12~ hours. Looking at the battery charge graph, it seemed to have some weird steps and plateaus before hitting 100% and slowly discharging.

Battery has been behaving normally prior to new update. On average I used about 30% of my battery during the day on 1.11, and I used over 50% with the same activity post-update.

Otherwise, seems to be running decently. I did have a strange crash and reboot day one with /e/OS reporting that my OS was corrupt but booting fine on retry. Hasn’t happened since.

E2A: I’ve noticed a lot of othet Teracube users having call issues, but I’ve had no issues. Maybe it’s the emerald build that’s having problems? I also use T-Mobile as a provider.

So somebody on Telegram said that.
(Not taking away from Omni Technovič giving a good summary of the matter and giving a sound suggestion depending on individual use cases.)

microG developers made the choice to overhaul the location stack. Their hand was forced by Android 13 it seems.
/e/OS developers made the choice to include a current microG version in /e/OS 1.12.3, as I think they might usually do when updating. And usually if they wouldn’t, this or that Google-dependent App might be more likely to run into compatibility issues, if not a more broad compatibility feature overall.

Both choices are ok in itself.
Of course the location handling changes need a closer look …

The release notes mention the microG update with the “a new location & maps stack” and link to the corresponding changelog with notes on the matter by the microG developer.

A good reminder to read the release notes.
(Hopefully, since I forget this sometimes, too, although I should know better, but I’m the one to blame then.)

Calls broke for emerald users for the time being, there’s no hint towards that in the release notes.

The choice for the developers was which microG version to put into the update, and your choice in this case was to update or not with available info on the location matter.

Please don’t take what I wrote the wrong way. I know this feeling well and can sympathise, and you’re within your right to be fed up with something breaking, just keep the argument sound …

So, what happened is clear, and /e/OS developers were aware of the changes as per the release notes.
@Manoj: Were the team aware the changes in microG would break location for the use cases of a number of users? Is there an ETA for the suggested further changes in microG supposedly solving the problem?

It seems, that this microG update kills two of my Apps - Tesla app and Abetterroutplanner (ABRP) app. Killing means killing. ABRP starts but crashes. The Tesla App crashes, when trying to use the location features. Both caches cleaned on the way.

Where do I report this to microG?

1 Like

Hi,
To solve this problem of phantom movements on the screen, I did the following :
I thought it might be hardware, so I opened the phone to reseat all the connectors, especially the screen one.
But the problem quickly returned

So I decided to go back to version 1.11.
I tried “dirty flash”, but as it wouldn’t start, I had to do a reset, wipe all data and reinstall all my apps, settings, etc.
In the end, it’s been a day since I reinstalled the phone in v1.11 and the problem hasn’t returned. So it’s definitely the switch to v1.12.3 that caused this problem.
I’ll wait for the next version before updating.

1 Like

Oh, so this is where it comes from. I was thinking that it might be some “bend gate” like with my old Xperia 10…

Fairphone 3

Battery drain still here.
The mobile network seems very consuming (55% in 20 hours, without any call or data usage). Context: 2 SIM cards: one local available network, one unavailable foreign network.

I tried airplane mode, the battery seems ok.

Vendor Name: Asus
Device name: Zenfone 8
Code name: sake
Version of /e/OS which existed previously: 1.11-s
Not rooted

No issues so far. Many thanks to the team!

Do you think if I switch back to TMobile my issues will go away? No calls since v1.12.3 update and ihavea ATT sim card. I have my old tmobile sim card still, all i have to do is call Patriot Mobile to switch back.

Fairphone 3
With camera version 3+

Battery drainage problem solved, works tree times as long as previously :slight_smile:
Now down to 30% after 30h use since full, and an intermediate partial charge of about +20 %.
Enabled: GPS, BT, wifi. Read news for an hour, some minutes of video, all by wifi.

Largest consumer is Mobile network consume 19%. Maybe high, but here is rather bad radio coverage. I have only received one SMS and was away from wifi for two hours, and did not use the phone then.

Gianna,
my tablet has only 2GB RAM. It’s running slow d/t this limitation. Not sure it’s worthwhile doing this jump to e? What do you think?
Have made some initial preparations but not yet sure I can go further yet. Do you have any additional advices/warnings?

FP3: As already mentioned, the App Lounge does not update or install anything. Please help with ideas if possible. Other functions are apparently working fine.

@Hartmut, for App Lounge “stuck” please try

Settings > Apps and notifications > See all … apps > App Lounge > Storage & cache > Clear storage | Clear cache

• Vendor Name: Teracube
  • Device name: Teracube 2e
  • Device CodeName Emerald
  • Previous Version of /e/os: 1.11
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Not Rooted

Apps work, Internet works, Email works, SMS works.

Issues:

• Battery Drain
  • Unable to make or receive phone calls
  • Unable to access voice mail

Hi,
The Teracube 2e (emerald) update 1.12.3 is no more proposed.
Has it been removed due to phone calls issues encountered by users ?

• Vendor Name: Motorola
  • Device name: G7 Play
  • Device CodeName: Channel

No v1.12.3 build available.
The latest build at https://images.ecloud.global/dev/channel/ is e-1.8.1-r-20230205.

In the 1.12-beta Test Session gitlab issue, we can see a e-1.12-rc.2-s-20230602295656-dev-channel.zip build, but it has not been released. This device missed out on the 1.9, 1.10, 1.11 builds as well. All the other G7 devices (lake, ocean, river) have up-to-date 1.12.3-s builds available

Reported in the testing Telegram channel. Gitlab issue raised

https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/backlog/-/issues/7100

Pl can you create an issue around this. The same can be assigned to Marvin the microG creator himself.

2 Likes