Feedback for v1.12.3

What do you use to display the used memory?
It is not a built-in feature of /e/OS, is it?

From the screenshots I took? That screen can be accessed from the system developer tools. For a quick glance at my usage, I use AIO Launcher which features a system stats widget (it also tracks internal storage, screen time and battery)

Exactly, the one from the screenshots.

Found it now.
Thank you!

To conclude my issue:
A couple of days after upgrading to 1.12.3 I was offered to upgrade to 1.13 (beta). That solved all my problems.

3 Likes

I have a Samsung galaxy s10+ with s version, and have a drain issue now with the s v1.12.3
the one service is a wakelock with 23%
and an app wish is use for a smartwatch that i donā€™t use since 3 month, and try every time to force to shutdown but is still remaining, and take 25%.
Normally it shall parks it to the unused apps which should be deactivatedā€¦
I donā€™t know how may i definitively stop it (without to uninstall it).

the drain because of media storage is disappeared, I had it with the older version. now the problem moves to an other oneā€¦

I have some trouble with the new GPS, too. If GPS is turned on, my apps crash right after the usage of a map. E.g. Tesla App - if you tap on ā€œLocationā€, then it crashes.

I have found a workaround:
Turn GPS off, turn on the map function, turn on GPS again. For me this seems to help on my FP4.

1 Like

Samsung Galaxy A5
a5y17lte
Donā€™t know previous version anymore but had the latest.

Only issue so far: i cannot hide my real IP address in Advanced Privacy anymore. When i toggle it to hide it, it switches back to exposed.

Murena Fairphone 4

I have a Murena FP4 and have never had a problem with the updates for 18 months (since /e/OS 0.21).

Now, with 1.12.3 however, that is over: There are temporary display problems: A strip keeps appearing at the bottom of the screen that cannot be used by apps or the Bliss Launcher. A row of icons also slides to the next page, since there is no more room for 4 apps.

If I switch from gesture control to 3 icon control and back again, the home screen is back to normal for some time.

I have already completely reset and restarted my FP4 three times. But that does not change anything.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

In case the problem is created by Bliss you might try

Settings > Apps and notifications > See all ā€¦ apps > BlissLauncher > Storage & cache > Clear storage

If you have ā€œorganisedā€ your app positions, this will be lost and your apps will return to the default positioning (alphabetical).

Sorry, that doesnā€™t help, after a reboot the screen changes from 7x4 icons to 6x4. And a gray space at the bottom of the screen appears in several apps.

I think I have seen a similar fault reported on this forum before, with a fix ā€¦ but I cannot find mention of it so far.

It sounds like a fault in display size, ratio or resolution. I suggest you try Search feature of Settings, searching for Size, Display, Ratio. In each setting you find perhaps try each extreme to see if you get any clues.

Do you see just the same in Safe mode ?

Press Power button > long press on Power off.

Later Edit So do you prefer Gesture control ?

If you use the 3 icon Navigation bar does the phone work better ? Is the blank area which you report now occupied by Navigation bar ?

1 Like

Exact the same GPS issue on my wifes FP3. Seems ok at the start using it as navi in the car, but after a few minutes it gets unusable.

Hi,

Vendor: Samsung
device name: S7
Device code: SM-G930F
Previous OS-Version: 1.11

ota update.

Since update I have issues with gps. Apps using localisation usually seem unable to get it or when they do it is whether wrong or stuck.
Advanced privacy for localisation is inactive.
Tried with Magic Earth, Oganic Maps, Seekā€¦

Thanks for the great work!

Here the error page from the Logpay Charge & Fuel App regarding the GPS problems:

Iā€™m having a few annoyances housing apps in a Work profile managed my Shelter that highlight a few remaining issues with /e/OS 1.12.3ā€™s Advanced Privacy and Bliss Launcher builds:

• Bliss Launcher does not display the briefcase emblem on launcher icons for apps residing in the Work profile
  • Bliss Launcher is rarely up to date after Shelterized apps freeze and unfreeze. This is will also be true of other setups for hiding/unhiding apps like Hail.
  • Bliss refreshes when an app icon which is no longer startable because it has been frozen is tapped. Or is that a crash?
  • Bliss should allow manual refreshes.
  • Advanced Privacy is clearly creating its database of apps at system startup ONLY, not even after you install an app normally using App Lounge in your normal Personal profile. It takes a reboot for it to notice the new app, during which time I have no idea what itā€™s doing or how many tracker pings itā€™s sending.
  • Advanced Privacy should notice new apps as soon as they are installed.
  • Advanced Privacy should have a manual rebuild button feature for its entire database.
  • Advanced Privacy is installed into new Work profiles (not sure if shelterā€™s doing that or Android), but it is still pretty unhelpful there.

See the linked reply for details of this from a Shelter user perspective. I think the points above are valid when any manager of a Work (sometimes called ā€œPro-ā€) profile is installed. Some of the points are valid whether you have Work profiles or not (AP not noticing new apps, BL same, and also using different iconography to the rest of the OS)

Came to a halt, the fastboot cmd to remove dm veriity needs the file boot.img.
Any suggestions on to get this file from the Lenovo TB-X306FA?

@achadwick thatā€™s all excellent feedback. When the new Bliss Launcher is released (v1.13 or v1.14?) you might want to reevaluate and file this into /e/ gitlabs backlog what you find lacking. In general it will survive there longer on a good structured bug entry than forum threads.

1 Like

Asus, Zenfone 8
e_sake-user 12 SQ3A.220705.004 eng.root.20230617.051640 dev-keys

1.12.3-s-20230617300623-dev-sake
Not rooted

Apps that wont load
mobi.inthepocket.bcmc.bancontact
Medirect

Also problems with gps

No problem here with Argenta app (v6.4.1)

1.12.3-s-20230615299639-stable-FP3

Not rooted.

I have also the latest version