• Vendor Name Samsung
  • Device name Note 10+
  • Device CodeName d2s
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously v1.12.3
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted. Not rooted

Device: Samsung S10+
Version of /e/OS which existed previously: 1.12.3-s
Not rooted

OTA update went through with no problems.
After the upgrade, things seem to work fine (have upgraded 24h ago, so tested most apps)

One interesting thing is that the /e/OS upgrade triggered updates to MS Teams and MS Outlook (probably due to version compatibility), and now both Outlook and Teams work correctly from inside shelter, without allowing any trackers at all.

Either the new versions of MS apps have changed the way they work (not relying on the “Mobile Engagement” tracker for critical functionality), or they have implemented new trackers /e/OS is not aware of (cannot detect).

Would be curious to hear from anybody who knows anything on this subject.

Vendor Name: Xiaomi
Device name: Pocophone F1
Code name: beryllium
Version of /e/OS which existed previously: e-1.12.3-s
Not rooted

System installed 24h ago. No issues so far.
Thanks for the work.

Can someone tell me if exist a list of devices that will receive this 1.13 update?

I have a Poco F3 (alioth) and the last build available for it is 1.11.

I’m facing some issues like fingerprint missing and battery drain (maybe due to ”Media Storage”) and I hope that an upgrade will solve them…

I do really enjoy /e/ (you guys do a great work!) but if there is no more updates for my phone model, I’ll need to find another way (Lineage OS?) to solve these problems, because I don’t have the technical skills to fix them.

Thanks.

Found it.
:face_with_diagonal_mouth:

The /e/OS version 1.13 is not to be confused with underlying Android 13.

Android 13 (T) is announced to come with /e/OS 1.14, at least on devices ready for /e/OS based on Android 13 (T), other supported devices should get /e/OS 1.14 based on their respective current underlying Android version.

You can follow announcements at https://community.e.foundation/tag/development-updates.

The Poco F3 “alioth” was mentioned to have missed /e/OS 1.12.3 here … Week 27, 2023: Development and Testing Updates … but the 1.13 release is fresh and not rolled out to every device yet, I guess, see in the first post.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply @AnotherElk

I’m waiting for a while some update that fix these problems that I’m facing, otherwise I need to found another solution because they are affecting my daily use.

Thanks for sharing the post about the release announcements, I will follow it.

But the “signals” about updates for Poco F3 alioth are not good (missed 1.12.3 and not initially included in the list of devices that will receive 1.13).
I really appreciate if someone could tell that alioth will receive some update in the near future. I would wait gladly.

2nd try …
The list you found is about Android 13 (T).
/e/OS 1.13 has nothing to do with Android 13, the similar number is a coincidence, see
e/OS + Android OS version names and numbers? - #3 by aibd and [HOWTO] Give complete /e/OS version info easily for support, answers, comparison etc

A new /e/OS version comes roughly every month, a new Android version roughly every year.

alioth should get 1.13 unless announced otherwise.

1 Like

Poco F3 was not the only device that failed to receive v1.12.3. Hopefully this was a one-off.
If all goes well you are going to receive an update to /e/OS v1.13 by 7 August at the latest.

OK, understood. Anyway, alioth isn’t there already…

Good to know. Thanks.

Yep, I see that. Hope you are right.

I wish all positive thoughts to the developers of /e/ to keep the good work.

Kudos to all contributors to the project eOS ! Running successfully on Dumpling OnePlus 5T

The 1.12 has introduced through MicroG a very nasty problem which leads several GPS apps to crash at start : https://github.com/microg/GmsCore/issues/1989

It’s now fixed in 1.13 ! Too bad it’s the end of mu holidays where those GPS apps would have really helped :grinning:

Which would be weird because AFAIK declared GMS version is still 231657

OK for my S9+ (Samsung S9+ SM-G965F (purchased in /e/-shop) not rooted).
updated from 1.12.3

All functions seems OK. Testing for battery drain & icon reorganization.

Only the Seek app (INaturalist) still not working correctly because of the version of microG (ref no location & crash of the app).

1 Like
  • Vendor Fairphone
  • FP3
  • FP3
  • Version of /eOS previously 1.12.3-s/stable
  • Is the device Not Rooted
    Everything went smoothly.
    Thanks to the development team!
1 Like

Hi,
On FP3+ updated, the bubble type notifications don’t disappear in time and persist 5-10 minutes.
Thanks for your action :wink:
Nico

Vendor Name: Samsung
Device name: S9+ (SM-G965F)
Code name:
Version of /e/OS which existed previously: 1.12.3
Rooted: No

OTA went well as normal.

Really looking forward to 1.14 and running a much newer version of Android :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Hello,

Device name: FP4 (256/8GB)
Rooted: No

My phone works very well with the update to V1.13-S (over OTA)
After the update, I had to restart the device twice to get the connection to the network provider working again.
I have the feeling that the “Maps App” (MagicEarth) now runs more smoothly again. With the version 1.12-S this crashed me often times.

@eOS Team: Thank you very much:-) You do an excellent job!

3 Likes

Fairphone; FP2; not rooted; Update from 1.12.3 - all fine :sunny:

2 Likes

Fairphone FP3+ (bought from esolutions.shop with /e/ os preinstalled 2+ years ago); previous version was 1.12; not rooted.

After applying update, and then rebooted device from the updater, the phone was left at the “Fairphone / Powered by Android” splash screen. I let it be for 90 minutes, but it didn’t seem to do anything. After waiting, I tried power button, but it just turned display off. Subsequent presses just caused it vibrate briefly, but display stayed off. After several tries I took phone’s battery off, waited 1 minute, put battery back in, and powered the phone on. This time it booted fine, and I got back to OS, with 1.13 installed. Seems to be fine now.

Hadn’t had update issues before in any other firmware upgrades.

1 Like