Feedback for v1.13

Please share feedback on v1. 13 build for your device and let us know how it is working with applications that you use.

The device build release will be staggered over the next couple of days starting from 31 July up to 7 August.

The release notes will show up here once we initiate the release

Builds will be rolling out in a staggered manner over the next couple of days. It will be released for a few devices at a time.

We will also have a poll to rate this build.

• I have updated to v1.13 on my device and it is working well
  • I updated to v1.13 but I am having issues (Please share the issue details on this thread)
  • I am not able to update to v1.13 (Please share the issue details on this thread)
0 voters

When sharing your feedback or issues, Please add the following details

• Vendor Name
  • Device name
  • Device CodeName
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted

Refer this table for vendor, codename details

Refer this guide to share more details in your feedback

7 Likes

Unofficial build for Sony Xperia Z3 tablet compact Codename: scorpion
Device: SGP621 Z3TC
Version: /e/OS 1.13
Rooted with Magisk

Everything seems to work with one exception: when I enable Tracking Control most apps refuse to connect to the internet. Strange, because other devices don’t have this behavior. Regardless if I release all blockers. When I disable TC apps have webaccess again. This was already there on version 1.12.3

I know it is a non-supported version but maybe someone has a clue.

The release has been pushed forward to Monday 31 July. It is always better to release during the week rather than the weekend, as team members are available to handle any issues that may be reported.

4 Likes

Hi.

I have a Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T (ginkgo), and haven’t received any updates since 1.12.3. That’s 24 days ago. What happened? Has support for ginkgo been dropped? The Gitlab issue (https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/backlog/-/issues/7112) has been closed.

Cheers,
Volker

1 Like

Nothing abnormal !
the rythme is about 6 week, and the release was announced for monday…
PS : you have nothing to exige from the dev team, all that comes is a present.

1 Like

I don’t see how less than a month since last update is some huge time to complain about. 1.13 was just announced and will take a little time to make available for all targeted devices.
Patience, please.

2 Likes

@marcdw and @piero :

Hi.

I meant to say that there wasn’t any 1.12.3 eOS version for the ginkgo. And now 1.13 has been released, with no ginkgo version yet, as well. And that gitlab issue has been closed, so I’m wonding if support for the Redmi Note 8T (ginkgo) has been dropped.

I don’t mean to complain. I’m just wondering. If it just takes more time, I’m happy to wait.

Cheers,
Volker

4 Likes

Oh my. Many apologies then. :smiling_face:

Your wording of “I haven’t received any updates since 1.12.3” technically implies you have 1.12.3.
Should’ve been “…any updates since 1.11”, which was the last for your device.

v1.13 is not yet available for any of my devices so I know it will take awhile if it is forthcoming.

The reason the GitLab issue was closed was clear in the last comment. Version 1.13 is now the focus.
Given that Lineage still has LOS 18.1 nightlies for the ginkgo (July 2023) there is still hope.
If ginkgo is still supported then one can only hope there are no build issues.
It wasn’t really clear in the closed issue for 1.12.3 if ginkgo had build failures or was just not built for whatever reason (no device maintainer, no testers, etc.).

I guess some clarification of the device’s status would be welcome.
@Manoj , do you know if the device is still supported or in the pipeline for 1.13?

3 Likes

Yes.

I hope any build issues of the ginkgo will be resolved. If it was dropped, this would suck. It’s my main phone…

But thanks for the good work so far, to the development team. I’m helping with bug reports, when I can.

Bye,
V.W.

1 Like

Now available (dev – stable is not there yet) for FP3. :slight_smile:

My setup:

Fairphone | FP3+ | FP3 | previously on /e/OS 1.12.3-s-20230616300623-dev-FP3 | not rooted

3 Likes
  • Xiaomi
  • Redmi Note 7
  • lavender
  • 1.12.3 R - dev
  • Device Rooted

Working fine, missing translations in italian for these apps names:

• Message (translation is Messaggi)
  • Notes (translation is Note)

Everything works in Advance Privacy except hiding IP, can’t resolve addresses (DNS).

All hardware related functions are working good.

Bye

2 Likes

Vendor Name: Samsung
Device name: S10e
Code name: beyond0lte
Version of /e/OS which existed previously: 1.12.3-s
Not rooted

No issues. Thanks for good work to the team!

e-1.13-r-20230727314472-dev-jactivelte

Vendor Name: Samsung
Device name: Galaxy s4active
Code name: jactivelte
Version of /e/OS which existed previously: e-1.12.3-r
Not rooted

No issues. Thanks for good work to the team!

Build should be available on v1.13 as well

1 Like

Vendor Name: OnePlus
Device name: 9
Code name: Lemonade
Rooted: yes (Magisk 26.1)

Working like a charm as after every update :slight_smile:

1 Like
  • Vendor Name Samsung
  • Device name Note 10+
  • Device CodeName d2s
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously v1.12.3
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted. Not rooted

Device: Samsung S10+
Not rooted

OTA update went through with no problems.
After the upgrade, things seem to work fine (have upgraded 24h ago, so tested most apps)

One interesting thing is that the /e/OS upgrade triggered updates to MS Teams and MS Outlook (probably due to version compatibility), and now both Outlook and Teams work correctly from inside shelter, without allowing any trackers at all.

Either the new versions of MS apps have changed the way they work (not relying on the “Mobile Engagement” tracker for critical functionality), or they have implemented new trackers /e/OS is not aware of (cannot detect).

Would be curious to hear from anybody who knows anything on this subject.

Vendor Name: Xiaomi
Device name: Pocophone F1
Code name: beryllium
Version of /e/OS which existed previously: e-1.12.3-s
Not rooted

System installed 24h ago. No issues so far.
Thanks for the work.

Can someone tell me if exist a list of devices that will receive this 1.13 update?

I have a Poco F3 (alioth) and the last build available for it is 1.11.

I’m facing some issues like fingerprint missing and battery drain (maybe due to ”Media Storage”) and I hope that an upgrade will solve them…

I do really enjoy /e/ (you guys do a great work!) but if there is no more updates for my phone model, I’ll need to find another way (Lineage OS?) to solve these problems, because I don’t have the technical skills to fix them.

Thanks.

Found it.
:face_with_diagonal_mouth: