Feedback for v1.13

Here it is happening not with mail, but with Signal messenger…
Got a lot of messages with no notifications…

I’ll continue to try the coming days to get it working again, but untill now no luck.

I have not been able to use the mail app on my FP4 for the last 4 versions of e os unfortunately. It wont let me verify/sign in no matter what I try :frowning:

1 Like

@Truhvanor Just curious, do you also use the ProtonMail app? Just asking because I now longer get any notifications from that app on my FP4, which is annoying because you never know when you get a new email.

The rest of the proton apps work normally for me though.

@diefuel I’m using the Proton Mail App (v. 3.0.16) and the notifications are working just fine. Cheers!

1 Like

Yes, Lisa is still on 1.11 - will there be an updated Version soon?

Vendor: Fairphone
Device: Fairphone 4
CodeName: FP4
OS before update: /e/OS 1.12.3
Rooted: False

Hi,

Because there hasn’t been any sunshine lately I can not test if the sunshine dim screen bug has been fixed. That was quite frustrating (but I miss the sunshine more!). With 1.12 I actually got the battery drain bug back once, but erasing the murena account and readding it did wonders.

What I’m still having issues with is the speaker phone in the Phone app. It’s not working, people complain that I’m barely audible. Sometimes it works from a certain angle, but if I move from that angle it stops again. i tried it the speaker phone with Signal once and it worked, but it’s unclear if I was just lucky or if Signal is using another echo canceling algorithm. It’s quite frustrating as it’s an important feature for me.

Another problem with the Phone app is that the volume can’t be turned down very low, it’s very loud even on the lowest, so loud that other people in the room easily can hear the conversation. This is the same with the speaker phone.

Edit: I’d like to add that the battery usage seems to have gone down with 1.13, I have generally had much higher percentage left in the evening than with the previous version.

Thank you for your hard work!

1 Like

Still in development : https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/backlog/-/issues/6926

2 Likes

Google Pixel 4a5g
bramble
Prrvious eOS 1.12.3
Not rooted
Working very well, thanks…

Samsung
Galaxy S7
SM-G930F
Previous Version 1.12 Q Stable-herolte
Not rooted

Working Well !
Thanks !

Ok, a few reboots and turning settings off and on it works again.

Notifications are back for now.

Having another issue though…
Applounge keeps on crashing. Updates go well, but searching for another app makes it to crash.

• Samsung
  • Galaxy S7 Edge
  • SM-G935F
  • previous 1.12
  • not rooted

Thank you for this update, however some issues on S7 edge so far :
• The battery is running low very quickly ;
• magic earth shuts down my position when I write the destination ;
• App lounge does not work properly and seens to have server issues (screenshot)

1.12 worked perfectly, any way to downgrade ?
Thank you /e/ for your work !

Hi,

• Vendor Name : Murena Shop
  • Device name : FP3
  • Device code name ?
  • Version of /e/OS : 1.13-s-20230724313396-stable-FP3
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted (dont know what does it mean)

The wifi hotspot doesn’t work any more. My laptop displays the wifi network, but browsers cant load any pages.

Previous version was installed in february 2023, it was fine.

I still have GPS localisation issues from the beginning (2 years ago), living in the south of France, but keep locating me in Strasbourg (700km away) even if advanced privacy is disabled.

Regards

LG G3 d855 (International)

Vendor Name: LG
Device name: G3
Device CodeName: d855
Version of /e/OS which existed previously: e-1.10-r-20230414279828-dev-d855 + eRecovery
The device is: Not rooted

The /e/Updater did not find build V.13 even after pressing the circle arrow clockwise for minutes ↻.

So I downloaded the latest /e/ROM manually and installed it manually with the /e/ recovery-e-1.10-r-20230414279828-dev-d855. Although “Update Recovery” was activated under System Updates in the settings, the e-Recovery was not updated to version 1.13 during the manual ROM update.

Oh well. Following the /e/ documentation, I updated e-Recovery V 1.13 manually.

At first glance, the d855 is fully functional - including FM radio, microG Services Core v0.2.28.231657 and Android security update 5 June 2023.

At second glance, it becomes apparent to me that the Wi-Fi connection works poorly, that is, the connection is often interrupted very quickly.

The App Lounge also crashes more often (as already reported with other /e/ ROMs). Also, finding apps is often refused with the message: Opps … Time expired fetching apps!

At third glance, I realise that the FM radio is not working. It is not possible to select a station, nor are the radio station and playback buttons activated via headphones or loudspeakers - they are roughened and cannot be activated or operated.

For the purpose of cross-checking, I downgraded to version e-1.9-r-20230312268580-dev-d855 and e-1.12.3-r-20230619301238-dev-d855. Everything works fine with both versions, including Wi-Fi and FM radio.

Is it a default app? I don’t have it in my FP4 running 1.13-s stable and can’t find it in App Lounge.

Yes.

Note: Not every /e/ ROM supports FM radio, even if it works with stock Android.

2 Likes

The Fairphone 4 doesn’t have FM radio hardware, so an FM radio App will do nothing for you (unless it also can do internet radio, but that’s not FM radio).

Oh ok that makes sense. Thank you

As written before, I’m looking for a way to get back to version 1.11 of /e/OS with my Murena FP4.
I was happy for months until development on my device went in the wrong direction: both 1.12 and 1.13 are much more problematic than the earlier versions.
Extreme currently is the battery consumption of the default mail program, even though I don’t use it at all (since I use the Proton Mail app). Since the default mail program of /e/OS can neither be uninstalled nor deactivated, I would say that /e/OS is also no longer free of bloatware - because other, really bad default apps of /e/OS can’t be deactivated either.

Too bad, it seems that my way with /e/OS is already over after 18 months - I would not buy a Murena Fairphone with /e/OS again!

Via ADB doesn’t work? …

1 Like