Feedback for v1.14

Samsung
Galaxy S10
SM-G973F
Very first install of e/OS
not rooted

I have problems with Bluetooth. Although I can turn bluetooth on, then I can pair the device, I cannot:

1. send files to another device - I tried 2 devices to send files to, none is working
  2. play music on bluetooth speaker - it just times out here. 1 device tried

maybe in both the cases some popup does not appear.

all the actions above can be done from my old phone.

1 Like
  • Oneplus
  • Nord
  • Avicii
  • /e/OS 1.13 stable
  • Not rooted

Everything seems to work

Best reagrds

Hey

• Fairphone 4
  • Rooted
  • previous /e/OS version was 1.13, but I have no idea what version of Android was present when I rooted it

Same here, on my FP4 with /e/os 1.14
If “Audio HD : Qualcomm aptX audio” is enabled, then no sound comes out of my bluetooth headset (Plantronics Backbeat Pro 2)
If disabled, it works perfectly

1 Like

As others have pointed out: Disabling the HD Audio option in the Bluetooth options of a device makes it work again on my FP4.

Hello,
there is no more build for “apollo” smartphones since 1.11

can you see why?

merci d’avance

This should be fixed when v1.15 is released

2 Likes

Had another very annoying issue this weekend.

I was making a video recording with my FP4 and a message came in, but instead of e/os muting the sound of the message and just give the notification in the screen. The sound of the message is now recorded in the video…

Very annoying as it is a very loud sound and can be very clearly heared when playing back the video.

My FP3 running 1.14-s-20230815320616 (lang: DE, EN) is barely usable after upgrading.
Previous version: 1.13

The software navigation bar / buttons do not work properly. The home button :white_circle: does sometimes return to the home screen / app launcher. The square :white_small_square: does not work most of the time. Taping on it does not open the application history, the configured longpress action is also not triggered. Removing configured action from the settings does not solve the problem.
The bugs typically appear after using the phone for less than 15 minutes. The only workaround i found is restarting the phone. I am not able to close apps as usually which results in a much higher battery drain.
The home button error was present in previous versions, but did only occur ~once a month.

• Vendor Name: Murena Teracube 2e
  • Device name: Teracube 2e
  • Device CodeName: emerald
  • Version of /e/OS : 1.12
  • Device is rooted

I am not sure if this is a bug in android 12 or in the build here but I use Signal and customize my notifications for it, and more often than not it uses default sound. I would guess it is a notifications bug, since it certainly has changed how you get into settings for application’s notifications.
I do not have any other 3rd party apps that I would duplicate with.

Battery life is noticeably shorter.

Everything else seems to be working just fine, the update was flawless.

1 Like

Fairphone FP3
Version of /e/OS previously: 1.13-S-dev
The device rooted

• Neither the system nor the updater show the version number (only “Android 12”).

• The change log link goes to a not existing page because in the URL the version is missing, too.

• The updater shows a toast that there was no internet connection but it is. So no search for further updates is possible.

• Trebuchet keeps crashing frequently as soon as another Launcher is installed. Sometimes Trebuchet doesn’t restart so that recent apps doesn’t work any more. A system reboot is necessary.

Did you install another launcher? Then it is probably because Trebuchet frequently crashes in the background in that case. It is needed for “recent apps” screen. The Murena devs tinkered with Trebuchet to get theit launcher Bliss working.

That’s a good idea. I just noticed that the bug only occurs with user 0 which is using a different launcher while user 1, 2 and guest are not facing the issue. Those use the bliss launcher. I’ll try bliss and report back.

Here the issue also happens when Bliss is the standard launcher but another launcher is installed. It stops after the other launcher has been uninstalled.

Just to make sure: Tapping on “Android 12” in Settings - About phone doesn’t show the version string either? (Or did you mean this with “the system”?)

Please try

• Settings > Apps and notifications > See all … apps > 3 dot menu top right > Show system > Trebuchet > Storage & cache > Clear storage

• Settings > Apps and notifications > Default apps > Home app > Select your new / preferred launcher.

• Vendor Name : Samsung
  • Device name : S8
  • Device CodeName : SM-G950F
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously : 1.13
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted : Nit rooyed

Upgrade went without issue. Everything looks OK
Thanks !

1 Like

The update procedure was fine as usual, but the device is having some problems.

Sometimes the screen freezes while the phone is crashing, so that I have to long-press the start button for a restart. This has been happening with /e/OS 1.13 as well and I cannot tell what is causing it; whenever I think I have a suspicion regarding a certain app, the next crash happens under different conditions. At times crashes occur multiple times a day, then there’s no crash for days. Thus I’m not able to recognize any kind of rule. (In versions prior to 1.13 the Murena One has rebooted on its own about once a day.)

Two or three days ago a notice popped up saying that Trebuchet has repeatedly been stopped.

Following reboots, often there apps open in the background (list of recently used apps) that have not been used for quite some time, while other apps that I have been using just before the reboot are not listed.

What has not been working properly for a long time, is the automatic brightness control, which is set to “once when waking from standby”.

Sorry, if possibly I’m reporting things that are not directly related to /e/OS. It’s difficult for me to realize whether errors are caused by the OS, the device or by installed apps.

Anke

Yes, that’s what I meant.

1 Like

Sounds bad, I would do a factory reset if feasible and start with a basic setup and see how that works out.

After the update, everything seems to work as expected.