Feedback for v1.17

FP4 with current eOS version 1.17

I have the problem for some time now, that the other party is too loud when calling via mobile phone. Even at the lowest volume setting, you can almost hear everything, just like with hands-free calling.

With calls via signal, on the other hand, the volume is pleasant. I have also tried another phone app, unfortunately without success, problem remains.

I also found a thread about this in the Fairphone forum, called “fp4-call-volume-too-loud-with-and-without-loud-speakers”.

Making calls with this problem is virtually impossible if you don’t want to damage your hearing and don’t want everyone around you to overhear.

Does anyone has a solution for this?

3 Likes
Vendor Name : Fairphone
Device name : one FP3 and one FP3+
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously : e-1.16
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted : Not

No special trouble after various days of use, with the now usual exception of Citymapper which blocks at it first freen screen with no comment (the GPS dot switches on).
This is really specific of Citymapper, as all other mapping/routing softwares do work properly, be it OsmAnd or all bus or train routing things, and it has been failing for more than a year now.

Vendor Name: Fairphone
    Device name: FP3+
    Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: e-1.16
    Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: not rooted

I have two issues, but they were also already in e-1.16. Did not find the best place to report them however, so here we are.

1. Calendar app

When you choose “go to” and choose a date, you most likely end up at a wrong date. For example I just tried to go to December 8, but landed on December 29. When choosing December 18, I landed on December 25. It seems that you end up at the last weekday in relevant month of the weekday you chose.

1. Task app

If you expand a certain tasklist, you can’t collapse it anymore.

In case of questions …

Updated my FP4 to 1.17-s stable and it went smoothly. Can’t wait for 1.17-t OTA :slight_smile:

Very good news! The “About” section of Browser still states it is a fork of Bromite though.

Thanks to the team.

2 Likes

So I have flashed e/os on my Fairphone 4. I am very happy in general with the performance, but there is a catch. I cannot lock the bootloader: I have performed the command fastboot flashing lock critical. That worked. But flashing lock just sent me into an eternal loop with the bootloader. Only way out was restore and flashing unlock. Saw a post that there was a similar issue with FP3, but no fix… Is there a fix? I want apps on this phone that required to be unrooted…

which means the pho

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Sometimes an install of an /e/OS version with an Android security patch level (SPL) earlier than that on the original Fairphone OS can cause a problem at the time you attempt to lock; as this post and answer FP4 Device corrupted and won't boot in locked mode after fresh /e/OS install - #30 by engrenage.

Samsung
Galaxy S7
SM-G930F
Version 1.13 Q Stable-herolte
Not rooted
No problems since this update.
Thanks to all the team.

2 Likes

thanks a lot! So does that mean that I just have to wait until the release that has the security patches, install those, and I will be in good shape? Bought this Phone in november s o shouldn’t be too long then…

Sorry @Dan-sol but I do not know enough about fp4 give you any guidance further than I gave in the linked post which is unfortunately now closed. We read from e-1.17 Release notes https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/os/releases/-/releases:

This /e/OS v1.17 includes the Android security patches available until October.

(We can expect the e-1.18 release to be month ahead.)

Even now it might be informative to anyone who might offer any further advice to check Settings > About phone > Android version > Android Security patch level, to see if this still reflects the SPL of the phone as delivered to you.

no problems
tout est ok
merci

1 Like

OK for my Pixel5 (purchased in /e/-shop) not rooted. It was upgraded 30 mn ago with 1.17-t stable release (updated from 1.16 to 1.17 (1.17-t-20231109350751-stable-redfin)).

All functions seems OK except the citymapper app which is generally freezed (no map and/or functions) when I opened it (same pbm as with previous releases (1.15 & 1.16).

I still have the camera pbm (described here or there) : when I take a picture with lens1 the final picture is blurry when I’m not in “auto” mode. It never append when I received my phone from Murena.

OK for my S9+ (Samsung S9+ SM-G965F (purchased in /e/-shop) not rooted).
updated from 1.16.
now at 1.17-r-20231109350749-stable-star2lte

All functions seems OK.

Thanks all for the work !

Hi Pat38600

Did you manage to install it? If not you could try to install by using TWRP instead of e-recovery.

Hi Cooler,
I did not find TWRP associated with OnePlus 5T.
So I installed the Lineage OS recovery + the ROM : no success. Always the same problem.

• On the computer side : "serving: ‘lineage-20.0-20231128-nightly-dumpling-signed.zip’ (~0%) " and no progress at all;
  • On the smartphone side : “Verifying update package…”, and no progress at all.
    I am lost.
1 Like

Vendor Name : Motorola
Device name : Moto G4 Play (Harpia)
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously : e-1.16
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted : Not

Since my device would’nt upload OTA the update, I tried to flash it with TWRP 3.6.2_9-0 that I used in the first place last year or more when i flashed the e-1.1

It made a mess !

I had to :

• format the hole phone,
  • restore a nandroid backup made before switching to /e/
  • flash again the e-1.1-q-20220629200240-dev-harpia.zip
  • test the phone if it work normaly
  • restore a nandroid backup made before the upgrade (this was a clever choice)

And it is now running normal, I only lost a few bits of data because it took me nearly 3 day to find out how to do.

Device name: FP3+
    Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: [dev-version]
    Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: not rooted

The upgrade went smoothly, while I had the display permanently active.
Install time 0:52 hrs.
So far most things are fine, there still is the known camera-focus issue unsolved though.

Only there is a quite poor performance on my favorite subject, the battery usage: It is - after 8 days - about 3.8 days per 100% which makes it a further decrease, as v1.15 performed with 5.7 days and v1.16 with 4,6 days.
It seems to me that Advanced Privacy is a major player in this game.
Please have a look into this and carry on with the good work.

Hi again Pat38600

I’ll write you a PM.

• Vendor Name: Teracube
  • Device name: 2e
  • Device CodeName: emerald
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 1.16 (stable)
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Not rooted

It is indicated in the Release Notes for Teracube 2e 2020 and 2021: “Fix double tap to wakeup”.
But when I double tap the screen, the display remains black.
So, I don’t see the issue solved or maybe I have not understood what’s meant behind the sentence “Fix double tap to wakeup”.

• Vendor Name: Fairphone
  • Device name: Fairphone 3+
  • Device CodeName: FP3+
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: /e/ OS Version 1.16
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Not rooted

Update seemed to go fine, but now the camera isn’t working and the flashlight claims that the camera is in use. The front-facing camera works fine. Have been trying different things to get the camera working but nothing has worked. No one else has reported this from what I’ve seen so maybe I did something to break it…?

EDIT: Reseated the camera module and it’s working fine now

Device name: Fairphone 3
Device CodeName: FP3
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: /e/OS 1.16-s-20231019342893-dev-FP3
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Not rooted

No issue with updating, now on 1.17-s-20231111351092-dev-FP3.
The following things work for me:

• Call / be called
  • Send SMS / receive SMS
  • Notification LED
  • Alarm
  • Internet via Wi-Fi
  • Internet via mobile network
  • Wi-Fi hotspot
    • Settings - System - microG - Self-Check: all ok, including location permissions
    • Settings - System - microG - Location - Wi-Fi location - Request from Mozilla: enabled
    • Settings - System - microG - Location - Wi-Fi location - Request from Hotspot: enabled
    • Settings - System - microG - Location - Wi-Fi location - Remember from GPS: enabled
    • Settings - System - microG - Location - Mobile network location - Request from Mozilla: enabled
    • Settings - System - microG - Location - Mobile network location - Remember from GPS: enabled
    • Settings - Advanced Privacy - Location: Exposed
    • Settings - Advanced Privacy - Manage my location: Use my real location
    • Settings - Location - Location Services - Wi-Fi scanning: enabled
    • Settings - Location - Location Services - Bluetooth scanning: disabled
    • Settings - Location - App location permissions - “Allowed only while in use”: Apps are listed
  • Compass
  • Screenshot
  • Main camera (original FP3 Camera module, not +) photo + video
  • Selfie camera (original FP3 Top module, not +) photo + video
  • USB connection to PC / MTP
  • MyPhoneExplorer 2.1
  • Bluetooth (music playback, data connection)