Feedback for v1.17

Hi Cooler,
I tried both : first with the 1.17S recovery recovery-e-1.17-s-20231111351092-dev-dumpling.img, then with the 1.17T recovery recovery-e-1.17-t-20231111351094-dev-dumpling.img: to no avail.
My OnePlus 5T doesn’t have the original OnePlus recovery anymore since many years, since I changed the ROM for /e/ OS.
Thank you for your help :+1:

Not in this instance, only tracking blocked.

• Vendor Name : oneplus
  • Device name : nord avicii 2003 EU
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: Android 11 Stock > Android 1.7 R > 1.17S from OTA
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Not rooted

at the first moment all seem ok… keep testing

i think the issue is starting from stock A12.1 to put the 1.17S
rolled back to 10. then updated OTA to 11.1 stock.

from 11.1 stock i then installed eOS R 1.7 via command line and then 1.17S from OTA.
never used those: dtbo and vbmeta… i skipped that step in the guide.
when i also ended the R 1.7 install i didn’t got a successful message but an error message.

btw all is running now, let see if i’ve some problems

I have also updated to v1.17 on a Samsung S9+ (SM-G965F) and can no longer share photos via Message V 3.9.4
I also can no longer share any Videos via Message

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Regards Alex

Just cleared cache and storage. I normally use anonymous mode which is not working, leaving me with the only option to sign in with Google which defeats the object of /e/?

If I select Anonymous mode I get the error message again. In terms of tracking. Googleanalytics is blocked as is googlesyndication.com

I had the same error on v1.16 when fake ip was activated, after I deactivated it, it worked normal again. I was testing something so I got that error sort of ‘by accident’.

I appreciate you responding but that is not the issue. Didn’t have any issues on 1.16. Perhaps I need to revert to 1.16 or wait for next update.

• Vendor Name: Fairphone
  • Device name: Fairphone 3+
  • Device CodeName: FP3+
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 1.16-s stable
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Not rooted

OTA upgrade, everything is fine.

1 Like
Vendor Name: Motorola
Device name: One Action
Device CodeName: troika
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 1.8.1 R
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: rooted

1.17 T works perfectly! At the beginning, I had some problems in flashing the firmware (vbmeta) but then I discovered that the bootloader was locked. After unlocking, installation went smoothly. The phone operates now without failure. Thanks to the team for this good work! It keeps my “old”(?) phone up to date!

• Gigaset GS290
  • Codename “GS290”
  • 1.16 → 1.17-s-20231109350748-stable-GS290
  • not rooted

Works proper in general after update but (i guess due to bromite being no longer maintained) the adblocking list and/or feature stopped working (V 117.0.5938.156). also my ebanking app (bawag security app) is no longer working now (the app claims that “there is no safe internet connection”), i assume also because of the out of date bromite-fork / webviewer.

Vendor Name : Fairphone
Device name : FP3
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously : e-1.16-s-…
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted : rooted

download was successful. when installation button was pressed, download started again…

Had to use Lineage for awhile because /e/ OS S and T had issues with touchscreen not working after install. I also used Lineage because of the fingerprint sensor not working correctly in /e/ OS R.

I’m happy to report all the above issues have been resolved!!! Thank you so much to the Dev Team! Good job!

Two issues however. When in dark mode after 5 seconds of no activity the screen will slightly flash and when I tap the screen it is darker like it was before the flash.
Also, please allow Material You color customization in Wallpaper and Style.

2 Likes

:point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2:

3 Likes

Vendor Name: Xiaomi
Device name: Pocophone F1
Device CodeName: beryllium
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: e-1.16
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Not rooted

Since update, GPS is locked on a position far from my position even though Advanced Privacy is not activated for location.

Hello everybody,

yesterday I installed /e/OS 1.17t on my FP5. The installation itself went well.

While setting up the device, I set the display refresh rate to 90 Hz and it seemed to work well, the phone was noticeably more fluid. Unfortunately, after locking and later waking up my Fairphone again, I noticed that the lockscreen is unresponsive for a couple of seconds and after that the phone is extremely laggy and unresponsive during normal interaction with the phone to the point that it is unusable when the display refresh rate is set to 90 Hz. It feels as if the refresh rate is well below even 60 Hz. Switching the refresh rate back to 60 Hz seems to fix the issue to some extent, even though the phone at times still feels unresponsive, especially the lockscreen.

Is this a known issue and/or did anybody else experience this? I haven’t encountered any of these problems when I was using the stock rom.

Thanks!

After trying several times, it finally worked. I think the problem was Wi-Fi, with mobile data it worked. It it looks very good. Thank you for your great work

1.17-T for Redmi Note 9 (merlinx), upgraded from 1.16.T, no root.

I just found that browser’s adblock doesn’t work when connected with mobile data (4G)

Vendor Name: Fairphone
Device name: Fairphone 5
Device CodeName: FP5
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 1.16-t
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Not rooted - bootloader locked

Update was ok but i cannot record videos with 60FPS or more - recording stutters and when finished i get a notification that the file is corrupted and this mode is not supported.
There is also a greyed-out tile in the quick settings for QR-Code-Scanner and subtext “will be updated” but it is not useable.
These errors also persists in 1.18-t-beta

1 Like
Vendor Name: Fairphone
Device name: FP3+
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 1.16-s stable
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Not rooted

Last Week I updated to 1.17-S20231109350748-stable-FP3 and my Wi-Fi stopped working proberly. The FP3 is initiating a connection to my FritzBox 7490 (Firmware 7.57) and then says: No Internet Connection. The Connection to my Wi-Fi is terminated an the Phone falls back to 4G or 4G+ where Internet works fine.

I restarted my Phone several times, restarted the FritzBox, deleted the old connection and established a new one.

What can I do?