Feedback for v1.18

Checking on the FP3 dev v1.18 release with the team…will update

Update: The FP3 /e/OS T dev v1.18 build will not be released on the image servers.
There was an error in the build, and the team decided not to publish it. The next build, v1.19 for FP3 will be a /e/OS T build. Tentative release dates are in Jan of 2024

3 Likes

I’m facing the following issues with v1.18-t:

• Self installed CA certificates are not trusted.
    The version of Android System WebView bundled with /e/OS v1.18 is 117.0.5938.156 (very old one). If you install the actual Android System WebView 120.0.6099.43 (must be done via Aurora since App Lounge fails) from the App Store, the own CA certificates are trusted again. So it’s about the old version of WebView. Please update WebView to the actual version.

• App Lounge can’t install nor update previously purchased apps from the Google play store.
    I always get the error message that the installation/update failed due to a policy (location, OS version…). If I use the Aurora app for this instead it works. So it’s not about location, OS etc. but within App Lounge. Please fix App Lounge to allow access to already purchased apps again.

I’m facing the following issues with v1.18-r on the Oneplus3T:

The version of Android System WebView bundled with /e/OS v1.18 is 117.0.5938.156 (very old one). If you install the actual Android System WebView 120.0.6099.43 (must be done via Aurora since App Lounge fails) from the App Store, the own CA certificates are trusted again. So it’s about the old version of WebView. Please update WebView to the actual version.

• App Lounge can’t install nor update previously purchased apps from the Google play store.
    I always get the error message that the installation/update failed due to a policy (location, OS version…). If I use the Aurora app for this instead it works. So it’s not about location, OS etc. but within App Lounge. Please fix App Lounge to allow access to already purchased apps again.

I’m facing the following issues with v1.18-t on the Oneplus6T:

New version: 1.18-s-20231207360611-stable-FP4

Vendor name: Fairphone
Device name: FP4
Device code name: FP4
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 1.17-s-20231109350748-stable-FP4
Device not rooted

Until now no problems detected.

Mmh, the question was about FP3 e/OS S dev 1.18, not T. A typo? Also here: Week 51 2023: Development and Testing Updates

Unfortunately still no clarity on FP3 e/OS S dev 1.18, respectively the S dev channel.

Vendor Name: Fairphone
Device name: Fairphone 4
Device CodeName: FP4
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 1.17
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Not rooted - bootloader locked

Mails can’t be opened in stock mail app.
The mail opens and is directly closed and went back in the mail overview.

Calendar is displayed. However, as soon as you want to use the “Search” function, the app crashes

1 Like

If T builds are coming, then there will be no S development. We support only 1 OS at a time. The v1.17 dev build will be the last for FP3. The T builds were planned to be released along with v1.18 but due to the bug has been postponed to v1.19.

4 Likes

Thanks for the clarification, I just got confused and didn’t think of this change. The follow-up question would be: Will there be an OTA upgrade for the FP3 from S dev to T dev? It is listed as “To be planned”, so there is no chance that this will be done until the planned release in January, I guess? Will the coming images of T, for me specifically interesting is the dev build, allow an ABD sideload upgrade?

And btw, as always: Thank you all for your great work! :wink:

1 Like

Mais ici c est lent pour vous preciser que j utilise peu d applis.

I think OTA upgrades are only for stable… not sure though…

4 Likes

Thanks for finding out and giving us clarity.

Now I can start wondering again if I should use the step from S to T to switch my FP3 from dev to stable … and if yes, how to get that done the easiest way. :thinking:

Hello

Are you going to upgrade to version T for all phones whose LineageOS version allows it ?

When I switched from dev to stable, Easy Installer was the easiest way for me…

1 Like

You can check the list here:
https://doc.e.foundation/devices

Thanks, sorry I didn’t think to look there. Have a nice day

Vendor Name: Fairphone
Device Name: FP4
Device Code Name: FP4
Previous version of /e/os: 1.17-s stable
Device not rooted Bootloader locked.

OTA installed fine. Call volume (receiver volume) has gone the other way. I’m struggling to hear some calls now. Loud was good for those of us of advancing age!!

On my Samsung Galaxy S8, the gsm signal indication leads me to believe that I have no network, as shown in the photo below. Yet I can make and receive calls, send and receive SMS and MMS messages. However, some SMS take longer to arrive (like bank confirmation codes).
If I activate mobile data, the indication returns to normal and banking SMS, in particular, arrive as before.
Before 1.18, I never had mobile data activated and everything worked perfectly.
Screenshot_20231222-063233_BlissLauncher

Vendor Name: Motorola
Device name: Moto G5
Device CodeName: cedric
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: LOS 18.1

Missing System Apps: Clock, Dialer und Contacts App missing after fresh install!