Feedback for v1.18

Vendor Name: Samsung
Device name: Samsung S8 SM-G950F
Device CodeName: dreamlte
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 1.16-r-20231017342509-stable-dreamlte
Version installed now : 1.18-r-20231207360610-stable-dreamlte
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Not rooted

Few things did not work for a week after the update. They seem to work now :

• Not possible to send or receive SMS.
  • “Finnishing update” in the notification bar.

Some things still do not work :

• The phone enters in a never ending booting/rebooting cycle when it is charged to full. This bug is reproducible, it happens each time. Only way to go out of the loop is the force the reboot by holding the power and volume down buttons.
  • Finger print doesn’t work anymore with the app “Credit Agricole, payement mobile”.

Other than that, everything works fine.
Thanks to the team !

I am also having this issue, has randomly rebooted 4 or 5 times since the upgrade.

Vendor Name: Fairphone
Device name: Fairphone5
Device CodeName: FP5
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 1.17
Device name: Fairphone5
Device CodeName: FP5

Same here.
Random reboots (does not ask for Sim cards PIN after reboot - asks only for device PIN). Noticed it seems to happen more frequently while using Mozilla Firefox.

New version: 1.18-s-20231207360611-stable-FP4

Vendor name: Fairphone
Device name: FP4
Device code name: FP4
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 1.17-s-20231109350748-stable-FP4
Device not rooted

All good except wlan connection is lost frequently when the phone is unlocked
I experienced this occassionally in prior releases but it seems to be far more frequent now.

Happy new year everybody and thanks for the good work team.

. Please add the following details

• Vendor Name Gigaset
  • Device name GS290
  • Device CodeName GS290
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously
    1.17-s-20231109350748-stable-GS290
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted? Not rooted

Working well, but I use only a subset of the funtionality.
Entering the sim PIN takes a long time before the keyboard reacts

Thanks for reporting the issue with random rebooting on the FP5. There is an issue already created for this but is marked confidential and would not be visible to all users. Will update what is the progress on the issue in this thread.

1 Like

For the 1st time there is a random issue. On native Mail app, emails are displayed on the main window but it is sometimes impossible to open an email. So strange…

Best regards.

JA13

The last two times for me I was using Mull (Firefox browser) so could be related

Hello @JA13, this is a known bug in /e/OS 1.18. There is a bugticket in the /e/OS Gitlab, they are working on a fix. There is also a dedicated thread in the forum.

1 Like
  • Vendor Name: Fairphone
  • Device name: FP4
  • Device CodeName: FP4
  • Version of /e/OS which existed previously:
    1.17-s stable
  • not rooted

The loud sound while calling is corrected, many thanks for that. I have a problem with Camera (v1.51.1) I can’t reach the third lens manualy. I can do that usually.

This is an intended bug correction, there are only two lenses in the FP4 (the regular one and the wide angle). In the past, lens3 in OpenCamera was in fact again the regular one.

2 Likes

As for the probable follow-up question … The third circle is the ToF sensor.

1 Like

Many thanks for your answers ! : )

Same with FP3+ after upgrading to 1.18

1 Like

Vendor: Samsung
Device Name Galaxy S10+ SM-G975F
Device CodeName: beyond2lte
Version of previous e/OS: 1.17-s
Not rooted

Generally everything fine
Screen turns itself on and stays on. That is definitely not intended and timeout is set to 1 minute
Few settings and permissions got reset and have had to be set again
I use App Manager from f-droid (io.github.muntashirakon.AppManager) version 3.1.4
it lost access to App Usage or stopped displaying anything. That didn’t happen right after update, but I cannot get it back.
I have USB debugging, Rooted debugging, Wireless debugging and ADB over TCPIP enabled and this is how it is getting access to most of the functions.

GPS rollover problem still bugs me a lot. Every reboot and I have to set impossible date of 21st November 2038. It is NOT fun, especially, when this will revert itself back (WiFi OFF, Mobile Data OFF, Airplane Mode ON). Why do I need to set date past next GPS week rollover to get correct date on GPS? This really makes no sense! Does it have anything to do with when SIM card was manufactured? It used to reset to correct time, when no SIM card was inserted, but that stopped working in december, before updating. Could we fix GPS week rollover? Obviously we are not going back in time, so what is the point to allow GPS to travel back in time to year 2004?

Device name: FP3+
Device CodeName: FP3+
Version of /e/OS: 1.18-s stable
Not rooted

Same, regardless of the device too apparently, Sennheiser Momentum 3, Car system (Opel Corsa).

Also got a couple of random reboots.

Thanks to the Team!

• Vendor Name: Google
  • Device name: Pixel 7
  • Device CodeName: Panther
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: stock ROM android 13
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: not rooted

Everything seems to be working perfectly

Found another issue tonight. I have Apple Air pod Pros paired. Tonight I was listening to music. I saw I had a voicemail so I dialed in to retrieve, The sound shifted to the earpiece on the phone instead of playing through the AAP. I then tried to switch the voicemail to speaker, and it would not shift at all. Then, when I hung up, my music started to play through the phone speaker instead of my AAP.

Hi all, I had trouble with the update process, but it seems to have been solved now. Here’s what I went through:

I had the following setup:

Device name: Fairphone 4
Device CodeName: FP4

The updater was downloading the 1.1GB update (/e/OS 1.18, 7 Dec 2023) update just fine. Then, I can click the “INSTALL” button. It asks me:

Apply update
You are about to update to /e/OS 1.18 - 7 Dec 2023.
If you press OK, the device will begin installing in the background
Once completed, you will be prompted to reboot.

So I press “OK”, and the app immediately crashes. I get the message:

Updater keeps stopping
App info
Close app

Where “App info” leads me to a page that has prefs on the Installer app, with at the bottom:

Version 12
org.lineageos.updater

Upon searching the web a bit I tried deleting the storage and cache of the updater but that did not give any different result.

Only after a manual restart, it now finally indicates that it is running 1.18. So the classical “did you try turning it off and on again” worked, but for the average user this might be a problematic hiccup.