Feedback for v1.18

Vendor Name: Motorola
Device name: Moto G5
Device CodeName: cedric
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: LOS 18.1

Missing System Apps: Clock, Dialer und Contacts App missing after fresh install!

Vendor Name: Fairphone
Device name: FP4
Device CodeName: FP4
Version of /e/OS 1.18-s stable
the device is not rooted

Hello.
After using it for a few days, I noticed two things.

1. the calender app crashed after a ā€œsearchā€
  2. With Bluetooth, the audio transmission works, but the controls (play, pauseā€¦ etc.) do not. Regardless of the device, e.g. Sennehiser Momentum InEar 3, BoseSoundlink Mini or Aukey Audioadpter.

THX eOS Team
I wish you all a great time.
BR
Mark

i donā€™t seem to have an option to enable 5G on my Pixel 6 Pro. iā€™m using an eSIM and only have LTE functionality and speeds. is this by design or has 5G not been implemented yet?

1.15-s as shipped from Murena Pixel5 to 1.18-t

Excellent work! Fast update, no problems. It really feels like high-end device. Thanks to all and happy new year.

Also having this issue
Device name: Fairphone5
Device CodeName: FP5
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 1.17
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Not rooted

Messaged support but will post here too.
After update to 1.18 seemingly reboots at random, has happened abput 7 times in the last 2 weeks yesterday it rebooted to bootloader instead of to OS and after that my data for some apps (sudoku and keyboard preferences are only issues found so far) got wiped but all my other apps are fine.

Also something I didnt send to support, i was stuck on a train yesterday, so watching youtube, and the device was getting a fair bit hotter than i remember when streaming video in low ish quality than i remember under 1.17

Good news is that the ldac bluetooth and too high brightness issues are definitely fixed though so thanks!

Vendor Name: Xiaomi
Device name: Redmi Note 7
Device CodeName: lavender
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: v 1.16

OTA run smooth and no issues so far.
Thank you!

Vendor Name: Samsung
Device name: Samsung S8 SM-G950F
Device CodeName: dreamlte
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 1.16-r-20231017342509-stable-dreamlte
Version installed now : 1.18-r-20231207360610-stable-dreamlte

Few things did not work for a week after the update. They seem to work now :

• Not possible to send or receive SMS.
  • ā€œFinnishing updateā€ in the notification bar.

Some things still do not work :

• The phone enters in a never ending booting/rebooting cycle when it is charged to full. This bug is reproducible, it happens each time. Only way to go out of the loop is the force the reboot by holding the power and volume down buttons.
  • Finger print doesnā€™t work anymore with the app ā€œCredit Agricole, payement mobileā€.

Other than that, everything works fine.
Thanks to the team !

I am also having this issue, has randomly rebooted 4 or 5 times since the upgrade.

Same here.
Random reboots (does not ask for Sim cards PIN after reboot - asks only for device PIN). Noticed it seems to happen more frequently while using Mozilla Firefox.

New version: 1.18-s-20231207360611-stable-FP4

Vendor name: Fairphone
Device name: FP4
Device code name: FP4
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 1.17-s-20231109350748-stable-FP4
Device not rooted

All good except wlan connection is lost frequently when the phone is unlocked
I experienced this occassionally in prior releases but it seems to be far more frequent now.

Happy new year everybody and thanks for the good work team.

. Please add the following details

• Vendor Name Gigaset
  • Device name GS290
  • Device CodeName GS290
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously
    1.17-s-20231109350748-stable-GS290
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted? Not rooted

Working well, but I use only a subset of the funtionality.
Entering the sim PIN takes a long time before the keyboard reacts

Thanks for reporting the issue with random rebooting on the FP5. There is an issue already created for this but is marked confidential and would not be visible to all users. Will update what is the progress on the issue in this thread.

1 Like

For the 1st time there is a random issue. On native Mail app, emails are displayed on the main window but it is sometimes impossible to open an email. So strangeā€¦

Best regards.

JA13

The last two times for me I was using Mull (Firefox browser) so could be related

Hello @JA13, this is a known bug in /e/OS 1.18. There is a bugticket in the /e/OS Gitlab, they are working on a fix. There is also a dedicated thread in the forum.

1 Like
  • Vendor Name: Fairphone
  • Device name: FP4
  • Device CodeName: FP4
  • Version of /e/OS which existed previously:
    1.17-s stable
  • not rooted

The loud sound while calling is corrected, many thanks for that. I have a problem with Camera (v1.51.1) I canā€™t reach the third lens manualy. I can do that usually.

This is an intended bug correction, there are only two lenses in the FP4 (the regular one and the wide angle). In the past, lens3 in OpenCamera was in fact again the regular one.

2 Likes

As for the probable follow-up question ā€¦ The third circle is the ToF sensor.

1 Like

Many thanks for your answers ! : )

Same with FP3+ after upgrading to 1.18