Feedback for v1.19.1

I assume that the correct one is the one from Jan 10th?
I am currently on version 1.19.1-s-20240109… (so from the day before)

You are right, there were two stable updates. One was 1.19.1-2-20240109 and the other one was 1.19.1-2-20240110. I applied both without any problem.

I don’t use the standard keyboard. Mine (Openboard) has itself the vibration option. Maybe the standard o e has it too?

• Vendor Xiaomi
  • Device Mi 10 Lite 5G
  • Device Monet
  • Version of /e/OS e-1.19.1-s-20240112372761
  • the device not rooted

Everything went well and working ok except for file syncing. It looks like file syncing does not work since updating!

1 Like

Vendor Name: Fairphone
Device name: Fairphone5
Device CodeName: FP5
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 1.18
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Not rooted

Still issues with random reboots on my FP5 with 1.19.1.
Experienced 2 today.

• Moto
  • Moto One 5G Ace
  • kiev
  • e-1.19.1-t-20240113373116-dev-kiev
  • Not rooted

It’s only been about 24 hours since installing 1.91.1 but I’m seeing either a bad delay or zero sync between phone Email app and cloud/snappymail. I’ve got the app to sync ‘Always’ but other than that I don’t know what else to do.

Also, receipt times of emails seems longer than normal - is any of this stuff related to last week’s incident when it took many hours to receive emails? These kind of issues make me stop using e/Murena if the email service is unreliable.

1 Like

Anyone else having problems with GPS accurate position since updating to 1.19?
I’m using a FP4 stable S.

Is there a general consensus that Email is in bad shape?

Two fairly big issues for me: sync between the app and snappymail is not really working as intended. It’s like they aren’t talking to each other, or in sync…

Also, WHERE is the option go to flag / refile emails as spam? It’s just gone, not anywhere in options, settings, etc.

Need some answers from @Manoj

I am checking on a OnePlus 7T.
When you open a mail >> three dot menu right >> refile >> spam

I experience no GPS issue with FP4 1.19.1-s stable…

1 Like

Hi,

These 2 apps are not meant to synchronize or talk to each other. Both are using directly the IMAP and SMTP servers, regardless of other clients (or apps) may do or not.
Snappymail being a web app hosted on same infrastructure as email servers, it is known to be up-to-date.
Maybe your Mail app has a problem, what gives a swipe down from the messages list?

Just double-checked. There are no dedicared settings for the AOSP keyboard on my phone. Neither via the general settings of the phone nor via the app itself

Before updating, I noticed that Snappymail lagged only a minute or 2 behind the phone when receiving. I guess I got spoiled by that? Last week there was a day where emails were taking many hours to show up period, I don’t know if it’s related to this.

Was it a manual refresh or an automatic notification?
Notifications may be triggered by a scheduled refresh…

I don’t think it’s related: as far as I know mails were slowed down entering the IMAP server. Reading them is another story.
Think of email system as a postal letter box: SMTP server receive an email from someone, then store it in his filesystem (“drop in the box”). Then you call the IMAP server to list & fetch what’s in the filesystem (you have the key to open the box door and get all the mails).
Here, every IMAP client (Android app, web app as Snappymail, computer client as Thunderbird, whatever…) has the key to open the box, read the mails inside, leaving them inside the box until you decide to throw them in the nearby trashcan.
So, as there is only one IMAP storage for your account (“the box”), every IMAP client can see the same mails as others.
What’s was disturbed last week was probably the mail deposit into the box (the SMTP part): there was maybe a hot-dog stand just in front of the box, preventing mails to be dropped in :rofl:

There was no manual refresh, the fast receipt times were observed in the natural automatic way.

OK, then it was probably the refresh timer “lag effect” :wink:

Gigset GS290
GS290
1.19.1-s-20240109372023-stable-GS290
Not rooted

Like after three previous updates, “mediatek.ims.app keeps stopping” after first SMS sent. Second SMS does go with a delay.

After 1.16 update onwards, when at SIM PIN, screen was unresponsive for about a minute until one could key the PIN. Now it seems to work fine.

I have the same experience in that it takes a really long time before it is possible to enter the first SIM pin.
By now I am so used to it, that it no longer sticks in my mind. I just press back-erase a number of times.

Vendor Fairphone, bought from Murena w/ e/os/ installed, Aug 2023
Device FP4, stable
Version of /e/OS: 1.8. if I rember right (last one before actual from 10. Jan. 24
Device is not routed

I started the update to the current version (1.19.1). Download worked fine, after installing the package the phone started to reboot constantly in a loop of quite short duration.

How can I fix the problem? Many thanks for any useful advice.

Rgds. Hubert

Is it maybe the touch sounds… Toggle at the bottom: