Device name: FP5
Code name: FP5
Version of /e/OS which existed previously: 1.18
Not rooted? no

Still getting fairly regular random reboots with this version too

2 Likes

Perhaps the same as this item:
https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/backlog/-/issues/7445

My issue: GPS is not working at all: no GPS location, no satellites detected by SatStat App.

First turn off the phone (no reboot, real shutdown), then turn it on again after a few seconds.
Then please check …

All settings are as you suggested, while i doubt why I should enable WiFi scanning. Still no GPS detected.

I just cited my settings which I check after updating, and with which GPS works on my Fairphone 3. You don’t need to enable Wi-Fi scanning, of course. You don’t need mobile network location either.

Are you testing GPS outdoors with a clear view towards the sky?
How long did you wait? GPS without anything else to help can take quite a while (several minutes) to get a location fix.

I waited for about 10 minutes. Normally, before 1.19.1, the first satellites were shown after a few seconds on SatStat. The first fix could take some time, of course.

I will wait for longer.

I just noticed today that I cannot write emails anymore.
Whenever, I try to add the recipent, the new email window closes and the mail app goes back to the inbox…

I am on a FP5

Replying to emails does not work either.

When writing new emails, everything works as long as the To field is empty. As soon as something is entered there, the app closes the window and returns to the previous window

This crash is caused by an interaction with OpenKeyChain 6.0.0, fixed in latest K-9 Mail version 6.716.
The /e/ Mail app has the same issue.
If you do not depend on PGP encryption, you may deactivate the OpenPGP support in your account settings as a workaround until the fix has been incorporated into /e/ Mail code.

Edit:
Another option is to revert to OpenKeyChain version 5.8.2 which was shipped with /e/os v1.19.1: Go to Settings - Apps - OpenKeyChain and choose Uninstall updates (three dot menu in upper right corner).
Keep in mind that this will remove your installed PGP keys along with other settings. Ensure to have a backup of your keys.

1 Like

Thank you,
Deactivating OpenGPG support indeed solved the issue for naw

2 Likes

Just one observation, not sure if this is progress because of the upgrade from S to T or from a recent VLC update (on my Fairphone 3+ running /e/OS dev):

I have experienced VLC playback of audio files significantly improved recently, more specifically: VLC does not “forget” a paused folder (my folders equal albums) anymore as it often did in the past when the app was in the background. In the past, when I would get back to VLC from the background, I was not able to resume where I had paused playback and just found VLC back at the start of the “Browse” view. Now I find the paused folder/track (at the bottom) ready for resuming playback where I had left. :slight_smile:

Still flashing torch here and also not taking charge which is solved by reboot occasionally. If only the rollback had worked :frowning:

Vendor Name: Fairphone
Device name: Fairphone 3+
Device CodeName: FP3
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 1.17-s-20231111351092-dev-FP3
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Rooted

Seems to work fine.

Subsequently, I would like to thank you for providing the direct download link! I tried to find the right file myself on ota.ecloud.global, but failed and ran into the same error that the official update file led me to. I really can’t figure out this website, and really wish /e/ (@Manoj) would offically provide such download information for the adb sideload community…

Citymapper : same issue on rwo Fairphones 3 here, and never worked in the previous /e/ versions

For what it’s worth as long as I’m still on 1.19.1-t-20240113373116-dev-FP3 … I can’t confirm this, the buttons consistently work as intended for me.

Could this be a launcher thing?
I’m using Lawnchair 12.1.0 Alpha 4.

Don’t think so. Meanwhile I used

• the old Lawnchair 2,
  • Neo Launcher,
  • Lawnchair Alpha 4 and
  • currently Pear Launcher.

All (!) of them and even Bliss (I checked this right now) show exactly the same wrong behavior. I have no hint leading to the launcher. The change came by a new OS release, I didn’t change the launcher or what ever. So I hope that it will also go by a future OS release.

BTW: When it would be the case that some launchers have a common problem here it would still be good if the provider of the OS could make clear why these launchers do not work correctly since 1.8.1. What’s the problem there? Why do I almost never see this horizontal list of running apps?

Note: all my OS updates came OTA. I never did an installation using the easy-installer or whatever since 2022 or so. Also the change from “r” to “s” came OTA. I never did a complete wipe since then.

1 Like

I wonder what’s the difference then.
It can’t be T, because this was working for me all the time in S and before S.

Could they have broken stable without breaking dev? Did anybody else confirm this bug while running stable in all this time?
Else this could be an individual OS installation hiccup.

I guess it affects only some users. Perhaps only some concrete devices (FP3 in my case).

Ha, we have two devices, both on 1.20-s now - the other one (FP3+) is OK! Only mine shows the wrong behavior. Why???

Should I really do a complete reinstall using easy-installer?