Feedback for v1.2

@10111100, thanks for your feedback. I think that wasn’t my problem, I’m using real IP address.

I have a similar charging issue on a FP3 since I upgraded to v1.2q stable.

But as it appeared after a slight water damage, the phone being used under heavy rain, I put responsibility on the water, not on the update.

My symptoms:

• a quick charger + cable that charged perfectly till now are not accepted anymore by my FP3. With the USB-c turned in the slot I get the charging led on, but nothing more.
  • another couple charger + cable, again working perfectly before, are now charging the phone only when the cable is plugged in a specific position, really strange as usb-c is totally reversible.

Again symptoms looking like corrosion issue, but who really knows?

Same problem here. After the update from 1.1 to 1.2 I can not charge my fairphone 3.
If it is switched on it does not charge at all. I tried 4 different cables.
If it is switched off, it does detect that the phone is connected with electricity but does not charge. Instead it is in an endless loop and always shows the Fairphone logo.

And what about a different charger? I can not use every charger, some do not have enough electrical power for the FP3, notwithstanding that I charged other phones with them.

1 Like

I used the same charger, like I always used to charge the phone. With version 1.1 the charger did his job.

Is it possible to downgrade to an older version without loosing all of the apps and data?

Not from 1.2 to 1.1 because of rollback protection (1.2 has a higher security patch level than 1.1), and not with a locked bootloader because unlocking it for the necessary procedure would force a factory reset for security reasons.
As far as I understand.

I don’t know what an OS update could do to charging, I would still try different equipment. For a bit more peace of mind in such a situation an external charger for charging the battery independently from the phone might help, here’s a topic … https://forum.fairphone.com/t/external-universal-charger-fit-for-fairphone-batteries/81652

Great thanks for the explanation and your help

v1.2 is working well after update on my oneplus3!

Thanks

A poll has been added to the initial post in this thread. An easy way to check the feedback for each build :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Vote done! :wink: By now, on 6 voters: 100% “1.2 is working well”. Thank you!

As mentionned Here, the battery problem with the oneplus Nord is worse with 1.2.

Is it normal not to be able to install google apps, e store or aurora store, error messages.
FP4 stable 1.2
and to install vaccination certificates via Itsme, chrome is requested.

FP4 stable 1.2

problems solved. thank you

problems solved. thank you

My main gripe is the browser search engines. If I disable the default ones it fails to come back with any search results when mojeek is set as default. However I downloaded the search engine awhile ago and no issues using the standalone search engine. This needs fixing. Battery level still drains badly if Privacy enabled. I accidentally managed to launch camera app while in trouser pocket and the Fairphone 3+ became very hot.
On the plus side I am glad to be free of Google including micro-G.

Hello, the bone works rather well except that the battery discharges very quickly since v1.0. Before I held about 40 hours with my use since v1.0 it is rather divide by two about 24 hours.
I have a oneplus north

@swarfendor437

1. the mojeek non-result might be worth a bugreport, I’m unsure about the context (webview? bromite?). Might either create a forum thread or a gitlab issue
  2. battery-drain: 2.1 on adv-privacy - seems unresolved at Battery drain on v1.0 (#5549) · Issues · e / Backlog · GitLab 2.2. non-disabling camera in pocket: there’s a setting that must be set by default, filed this at OpenCamera: disable keep-display-on by default to save battery (#5909) · Issues · e / Backlog · GitLab
1 Like

Is anyone else seeing high battery use from “account manager” after updating to 1.2? Mine has been running about 7-8% daily on a Oneplus6T.

Not sure if this is 1.2 related, I’ve noticed my battery draining a little quicker lately and saw account manager up near the top of my battery usage list

1 Like

Sony XA2 Ultra. Just updated to 1.2, checked the basics and checked for the problems others have mentioned.

So far so good, no problems.

I’ve solved the Browser issue by installing Qwant browser and made it default. Works flawlessly.