Feedback for v1.2

Pull the accu. Shut down orderly, remove the case back and remove the accu, count to three and put it in again, then charge and reboot.

It seems obvious that the battery drain results from probs with Orbot that have not been an issue in v1.0.

When I charged the phone yesterday I stopped it without closing the app - so far about 1% battery usage per hour (75% left after 24 hours) as usual before, though I used it quite a lot.
Currently it says on the usage since last charging: 6% calls, 4% camera, 3% telephone, 2% Corona Tracing, 2% MicroG Services Core (2 times, sums up to 4%?) and 1% SMS.

Again my question: Any hints for checking on the battery usage of Orbot?

Hello,
Everything runs well after updating my dipper (Mi8) to v.1.2 dev.
Thx to the Team!

Thanks for reply, I tried, but it still not charging and turning very hot in a second, Iā€™m considering buying a new bottom partā€¦

Yes, perhaps the best. What I donā€™t understand is the dependence on the OS update. Strange coincidence.

I had a similar issue on my FP2 with my e.email account. I have noticed there is a wrong password saved in the account settings. When I set the correct one, everything works again.

@aiwo , I have had this problem, when I set the IP address to a fake IP in ā€œAdvanced Privacyā€. My email provider apparently uses a black list. For some strange reason, the error message I got from the built in email app was that the password was wrong. Itā€™s now working without any problems since I switched off IP spoofing for the Email App in ā€œAdvanced Privacyā€.

@10111100, thanks for your feedback. I think that wasnā€™t my problem, Iā€™m using real IP address.

I have a similar charging issue on a FP3 since I upgraded to v1.2q stable.

But as it appeared after a slight water damage, the phone being used under heavy rain, I put responsibility on the water, not on the update.

My symptoms:

• a quick charger + cable that charged perfectly till now are not accepted anymore by my FP3. With the USB-c turned in the slot I get the charging led on, but nothing more.
  • another couple charger + cable, again working perfectly before, are now charging the phone only when the cable is plugged in a specific position, really strange as usb-c is totally reversible.

Again symptoms looking like corrosion issue, but who really knows?

Same problem here. After the update from 1.1 to 1.2 I can not charge my fairphone 3.
If it is switched on it does not charge at all. I tried 4 different cables.
If it is switched off, it does detect that the phone is connected with electricity but does not charge. Instead it is in an endless loop and always shows the Fairphone logo.

And what about a different charger? I can not use every charger, some do not have enough electrical power for the FP3, notwithstanding that I charged other phones with them.

1 Like

I used the same charger, like I always used to charge the phone. With version 1.1 the charger did his job.

Is it possible to downgrade to an older version without loosing all of the apps and data?

Not from 1.2 to 1.1 because of rollback protection (1.2 has a higher security patch level than 1.1), and not with a locked bootloader because unlocking it for the necessary procedure would force a factory reset for security reasons.
As far as I understand.

I donā€™t know what an OS update could do to charging, I would still try different equipment. For a bit more peace of mind in such a situation an external charger for charging the battery independently from the phone might help, hereā€™s a topic ā€¦ https://forum.fairphone.com/t/external-universal-charger-fit-for-fairphone-batteries/81652

Great thanks for the explanation and your help

v1.2 is working well after update on my oneplus3!

Thanks

A poll has been added to the initial post in this thread. An easy way to check the feedback for each build :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Vote done! :wink: By now, on 6 voters: 100% ā€œ1.2 is working wellā€. Thank you!

As mentionned Here, the battery problem with the oneplus Nord is worse with 1.2.

Is it normal not to be able to install google apps, e store or aurora store, error messages.
FP4 stable 1.2
and to install vaccination certificates via Itsme, chrome is requested.

FP4 stable 1.2

problems solved. thank you