No problems detected so far.
Thanks

1 Like
Vendor Name: Xiaomi
Device name: Mi8
Device CodeName: Dipper
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 1.19.1-t
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Not rooted

Everything is working fine. The only thing missing is the translation of the new pdf reader.

Vendor Name: Fairphone
Device name: Fairphone 5
Device CodeName: FP5
Current Version of /e/OS: 1.19.1-t (stable)
Rooted: No

Why my phone (FP5) says there is no OTA update available even if the new ROM is available on the repo?
https://images.ecloud.global/stable/FP5/

Hi, everyone, I wonder if I will see discovery update for 1.20-s or I need manually upgrade to 1.20-t. If I look on guide for discovery install I see there link name /e/OS build : S dev but when I open it I see only T zip file for 1.20 and older S versions.

I wonder if the S version will show up later or I need to do manual upgrade to 1.20-t?

Also a note that the link name should probably change to T dev version now?

Vendor Name : Fairphone
Device name : Fairphone 5
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously : 1.19-t
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted : Not rooted

Update was ok (still very slow compared to other devices) but there are still a bunch of things that did not work on this phone or are even missing compared to stock

1 Like

OK for my Pixel5 (purchased in /e/-shop) not rooted. It was upgraded with 1.20-t stable release (updated from 1.19.1 to 1.20 (1.20-t-20240220382010-stable-redfin) - e_redfin-user 13 TQ3A.230901.001 eng.root.20240220.200127 dev-keys).
To be noted : upgrade to e-1.20-t-stable locked at “reboot preparation” at 50% during 40mn (same as here) for a total time about 1h30.
Also, 2 reboot were needed before internet access can work correctly (wifi or data). Some applications could access it while others (Firefox) could not.

As for previous releases, all functions seems to be OK except the #citymapper app which is generally freezed (no map and/or functions) when I opened it (same pbm as with previous releases from 1.15). uninstalled !

The camera pbm (described here or there ) is still here : when I take a picture with lens1 the final picture is blurry when I’m not in “auto” mode.
It never append when I received my phone from Murena.

OK for my Murena2 (purchased in KickStarter /e/-shop) not rooted. It was updated from 1.19.1 to 1.20

All functions/apps seems OK except the I still have the camera pbm (described here) : when I take a picture with lens1 the final picture is blurry when I’m not in “auto” mode.

Thanks all for the work !

Samsung
Galaxy S9+ 
star2ltee
1.19T (dev)
Device unlocked

Catastrophic discharge while not doing (almost) anything. See below for behavior before and after the update:

Thanks for the advice.

I did get the upgrade done.

Vendor Name: Sony
Device name: Xperia 10
Device CodeName: kirin
Version of /e/OS which existed previously: e-1.10-s-20230413279105-dev-kirin
Version of /e/ Recovery which existed previously: recovery-e-1.10-s-20230413279105-dev-kirin
Device is Not rooted

Version of /e/OS after the upgrade: e-1.20-t-20240222382228-dev-kirin.zip
Version of /e/ recovery after the Upgrade: recovery-e-1.20-t-20240222382228-dev-kirin.img

To be on the safe side, I did a clean install via e-Recovery v1.20 and everything went smoothly. Thank you e-Dev Team.

Vendor Name: Nothing
Device name: Nothing Phone (1)
Device CodeName: Spacewar
Version of /e/OS which existed previously: e-1.20-t-20240301-UNOFFICIAL-Spacewar.zip by @ronnz98
Version of /e/ Recovery which existed previously: recovery.img e-1.20-t-20240301-UNOFFICIAL-Spacewar by @ronnz98
Device is Not rooted

Version of /e/OS after fresh clean install: e-1.20-t-20240223382228-dev-Spacewar.zip
Version of /e/ recovery after fresh clean install: recovery-e-1.20-t-20240223382228-dev-Spacewar.img

My fresh clean install followed this /e/OS documentation to the letter. For this I needed the file vendor_boot.img. This file is not yet officially available for download. Therefore I extracted the file payload.bin contained in the e-zip file. The file payload.bin contains the following files:

boot (101 MB), dtbo (25 MB), odm (696 kB), product (500 MB), system (1.7 GB), system_ext (368 MB), vbmeta (8.2 kB), vbmeta_system (4.1 kB), vendor (495 MB), vendor_boot (101 MB), vendor_dlkm (13 MB)

:new: Safe download of this vendor_boot.img here

To be on the safe side, I performed a clean installation via OFFICIAL e-Recovery v1.20 and everything went smoothly - without the incidents described here

Glyph Interface works right away including light functions, as well as Fingerprint (under display, optical), and wireless charging.

Thank you e-Dev Team :+1:

NP1 ‘Sparewar’ Documentation Suggestions

Flashing additional partitions & Temporarily Booting a custom recovery using

1. Next we manually reboot into bootloader or download mode

2. You can also boot into fastboot mode via a key combination:

• With the device powered off
  • hold Volume Down + Power

Instead of switching off the smartphone each time and then booting it back into download-/fastboot- and recovery-mode - the VOL and POWER device buttons can simply be used during operation (without switching off the NP1) to execute the respective function (see attached image). This method is also foolproof.

Photo

• Vendor Name: Fairphone
  • Device name: Fairphone 4
  • Device CodeName: FP4
  • Previous Version of /e/OS: 1.19.1-s (stable)
  • Rooted: hidden with Magisk

all works fine

Hello,
Samsung galaxy herolte. Running 1.17 before
Not rooted
Mail, phone, SMS, agenda, photo & galery working.
Still the echo in call problem though

2 Likes

Could you possibly provide me with the boot.img from e-1.20-t-20240223382228-dev-Spacewar.zip?

https://images.ecloud.global/dev/Spacewar/

I set up a ticket for this bug. Would be great if developers would take care of this issue as speech quality in 2G is extremely and annoyingly bad (pulses, etc.).
https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/backlog/-/issues/7816

Hi

Vendor Name: Samsung
Device name: S10e
Device CodeName: beyond0lte
Current Version of /e/OS: 1.19.1-s
Rooted: no

No 1.20.T update available in OTA (refreshing in update manager) since new publication 20240222

Please add the following details
Vendor Name Gigaset
Device name GS290
Device CodeName GS290
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously:
1.19.1-s-20240109372023-stable-GS290
Is the device Rooted/ Not rooted

At first I noticed quite a battery drain. I have rebooted a couple of times and now energy consumption is normal again.

I use 2 sims, one for 4G and one for 2G. I can call and send sms with 4G. But I noticed the same as: Knechtoshi in that the settings for volte are not shown

For the rest everything I use seems to work normally.

Thanks to the team!

There is no OTA upgrade (S10e is “dev” not “stable”), you must upgrade manually.
See this post:
Update from 1.19.1-s to 1.20-t on beyond2lte

Vendor Name: Fairphone
Device name: Fairphone 5
Previous Version of /e/OS: 1.19.1-t (stable)
Rooted: No

OTA update OK.
Multiple issues that affects me in 1.19.1 are still in 1.20:

Usable with workarounds (rebooting the phone each time one of theses cases happens).