Feedback for v1.21

There’s an issue to watch here … https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/backlog/-/issues/7895, and of course you could contact customer support … https://murena.com/support or

No Wifi, No bluetooth anymore.
Easy installer does not recognize Murena One !
I don’t see any way to get my Murena One working again.

Any Idea ?

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/OS the deGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Did you try already

Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset mobile, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi

I’ve just reseted my phone with no effect. Still no wifi and no bluetooth

Is the wifi issue identified yet?

I haven’t seen anyone report that my model of phone works (Pixel 4a5g) and I’m a bit leery of updating at this point. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,
Same here. No Wifi or Bluetooth after upgrading to 1.21.1 on my Murena One.
I tried to ‘Reset mobile, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi’
adb logcat :

4-02 18:55:16.617  1271  1271 E android.hardware.wifi@1.0-service-lazy: Wifi HAL start failed
04-02 19:15:18.761  1271  1271 E android.hardware.wifi@1.0-service-lazy: Failed to open driver state control param: No such file or directory
04-02 19:15:18.761  1271  1271 E android.hardware.wifi@1.0-service-lazy: Failed to load WiFi driver
04-02 19:15:18.761  1271  1271 E android.hardware.wifi@1.0-service-lazy: Failed to initialize firmware mode controller
04-02 19:15:18.761  1271  1271 E android.hardware.wifi@1.0-service-lazy: Wifi HAL start failed
04-02 19:15:18.764  1063  1207 I WifiScanningService: wifi driver unloaded

It seems that these reports are related :

https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/backlog/-/issues/7895

1 Like

so as you already have formated /data you can install previous version from recovery

Hello,

No recovery possible without using adb sideload e-1.20-s-*.zip and a data formating, but my phone works again !

There is a bug in the update that they are aware of and currently working on it

2 Likes
Vendor Name : FP
Device name : FP3
Device CodeName : FP3
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously :  1.20
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted Rooted

I have lost text message emojis (on all text message apps)
everything else seems to work fine yet

romain

No Wifi on Motorola G5/cedric after update to e-1.21 from 1.20 via OTA. Device unloicked, not rooted.

1 Like

A regression issue with v1.21 of no wifi post upgrade has been detected on Murena One and Moto devices. The team is aware of this and working on a fix. Will update on the progress of the resolution.

3 Likes

Samsung
Galaxy S7 (SM-G930F)
herolte
before:
1.20-r-20240221382013-stable-herolte
now: 1.21-r-20240322388914-stable-herolte
Not Rooted

No issues so far after 3 days of normal use.
Once more: Thanks a lot for keeping that hardware alive!

2 Likes

#citymapper still fails, the only one GPS-related app failing (has always been the case here)

Vendor Name : Fairphone
Device name : Fairphone 3+
Device CodeName : FP3
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously :  1.20
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Not Rooted

Update went smoothly, as usual. All seems fine a few days after the update. A bit slower than under 1.20, but maybe that’s the way it will be with the new Android version now on that device.

Thanks for the good work! :smile:

Device “redfin”
Settings - Advanced Privacy - Real ip address
toggle bugged

To look for a solution, I activated a VPN app under “Settings” and restarted the device. After restarting the device, the toggle under ‘settings - advanced privacy’ was set to ‘REAL IP ADDRESS hidden’
The VPN app set before the restart was deactivated by the restart!

So I got this notification about new version of /e/. After reboot however it said
ERROR: recovery: failed to verify whole-file signature
Signature verification failed
error: 21

Is this something devs can fix or it’s a problem on my Galaxy S10?

Fairphone 3+
FP3
Upgrade from v1.20-s-stable to v1.21-t-stable
Not rooted

Update straightforward and completed in just 30 minutes, 5 minutes quicker than for a normal update despite download taking longer.

Initial testing of basic functions & apps shows these appearing to be working fine: wi-fi, mobile data, bluetooth, GPS, phone, message, mail, browser, camera, app lounge and various other apps.

The big improvement for me is that my long-standing issue of no automatic VPN re-connection appears to be resolved. Once I’ve done further testing I’ll update the GitLab issue I raised a year ago now!

Just two issues found so far:

1. One app which I usually have force stopped (to stop it searching for wi-fi networks without my knowledge) is now restarting each reboot.

2. I can’t play any audio or video on VLC at the moment, I’m getting a ‘Multiple media cannot be played’ message each time I try. Edit: I’ve now fixed this by enabling VLC access to all files in phone settings menu under: Privacy / Permission manager / Files / ‘See more apps that can access all files’. I assume this permission was lost in the upgrade.

Other than these it’s looking very good, thanks again for all the good work.

3 Likes

Just a guess: Were you installing it manually or OTA? If it was manually, I got an error: 21 myself a while ago (on a Fairphone 3) and my mistake back then was that I used a wrong file (wrong source: images.ecloud.global … right source: ota.ecloud.global …):

Same with my S7, thanks again! :grinning:

2 Likes