Feedback for v1.21

Vendor Name: Fairphone
Device name: Fairphone 5
Device CodeName: FP5
Previous Version: Fairphone OS
Rooted: No

Brand new Fairphone 5 with Fairphone OS on IMG-e-1.21-t-20240323388918-stable.

Worked very well. Has been running smoothly for a day.

Thanks for the good work. :+1:

Thanks for letting me know @piero. I have been able to “adb sideload” previous version and wifi works again.

1 Like

Vendor name: google
Device name: pixel 5
Device CodeName:
Previous Version of /e/OS: v1.20.0
Rooted: no

The app “Signal” is now unable to take pictures from within the app. It says " no camera".
This was no issue under the previouse version ans there was no Signal update during that time.

i don’t know why @jcollado have success restoring e-1.20 on a murena one device when @lonclegr not.
Perhaps because he use adb sideload method against internal storage method ?

Edit : because he format /data…

Device name: Fairphone 3
Device CodeName: FP3
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: /e/OS 1.20-t-20240222382228-dev-FP3
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Not rooted

No issue with updating, now on 1.21-t-20240324389105-dev-FP3.

The following things work for me:

• Call / be called
  • Send SMS / receive SMS
  • Notification LED
  • Alarm
  • Internet via Wi-Fi
  • Internet via mobile network
  • Wi-Fi hotspot
    • Settings - System - microG - Self-Check: all ok, including location permissions
    • Settings - System - microG - Location - Wi-Fi location - Request from Mozilla: enabled
    • Settings - System - microG - Location - Wi-Fi location - Request from Hotspot: enabled
    • Settings - System - microG - Location - Wi-Fi location - Remember from GPS: enabled
    • Settings - System - microG - Location - Mobile network location - Request from Mozilla: enabled
    • Settings - System - microG - Location - Mobile network location - Remember from GPS: enabled
    • Settings - Advanced Privacy - Location: Exposed
    • Settings - Advanced Privacy - Manage my location: Use my real location
    • Settings - Location - Location Services - Wi-Fi scanning: enabled
    • Settings - Location - Location Services - Bluetooth scanning: disabled
    • Settings - Location - App location permissions - “Allowed only while in use”: Apps are listed
  • Compass
  • Screenshot
  • Main camera (original FP3 Camera module, not +) photo + video
  • Selfie camera (original FP3 Top module, not +) photo + video
  • USB connection to PC / MTP
  • MyPhoneExplorer 2.1
  • Bluetooth (music playback, data connection)

Device name: Fairphone 2
Device CodeName: FP2
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: /e/OS 1.20-r-20240221382014-dev-FP2
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Not rooted

No issue with updating, now on 1.21-r-20240323388943-dev-FP2.

The following things work for me:

• Call / be called
  • Send SMS / receive SMS
  • Alarm
  • Internet via Wi-Fi
  • Internet via mobile network
  • Wi-Fi hotspot
    • Settings - System - Advanced - microG - Self-Check: all ok, including location permissions
    • Settings - System - Advanced - microG - Location - Wi-Fi location - Request from Mozilla: enabled
    • Settings - System - Advanced - microG - Location - Wi-Fi location - Request from Hotspot: enabled
    • Settings - System - Advanced - microG - Location - Wi-Fi location - Remember from GPS: enabled
    • Settings - System - Advanced - microG - Location - Mobile network location - Request from Mozilla: enabled
    • Settings - System - Advanced - microG - Location - Mobile network location - Remember from GPS: enabled
    • Settings - Advanced Privacy - Location: Exposed
    • Settings - Advanced Privacy - Manage my location: Use my real location
    • Settings - Location - Wi-Fi and Bluetooth scanning - Wi-Fi scanning: enabled
    • Settings - Location - Wi-Fi and Bluetooth scanning - Bluetooth scanning: disabled
    • Settings - Location - App access to location - “Allowed only while in use”: Apps are listed
  • Compass
  • Screenshot
  • Main camera (Camera module 12 MP version 2) photo + video
  • Selfie camera (Top module version 2) photo + video
    (Camera records completely black video from the moment surrounding light is too dark or changes into too dark when moving … years old issue I already had with Open Camera on LineageOS, can live with it.)
  • USB connection to PC / MTP
  • MyPhoneExplorer 2.1
  • Bluetooth (music playback, data connection)

Can you open banking apps with the fingerprint semsor? On the original ROM of the FP3 the update to A13 lowered the “security level” of the fingerprint sensor and some banking apps refused to work with it anymore.

I don’t use any banking Apps, or even the fingerprint sensor to start with.
You could open a new topic for this question to increase visibility (and to make it easier to point to), I guess you are not the only one interested.

For reference: Confirmation that /e/OS T for FP3 would inherit the LineageOS non-compliance with the fingerprint sensor change was here … Week 49 2023: Development and Testing Updates - #13 by Manoj.

Actually, I had the same problem as @lonclegr (“can’t load Android system. Your data may be corrupt…”), but I went ahead with the “Factory data reset”. It wasn’t an ideal solution, but it worked.

the continuation…
i downloaded two version:
1.21.1-s-20240326389527-stable-one
1.20-s-20240220382012-stable-one
and following the instruction https://doc.e.foundation/devices/one/install
for confirmation i have installed at first the 1.21… version, but wifi and bluetooth not work;
after that i installed the 1.20… version (the previous one) and now all works as expected.
I thought I had already done the backup, but it wasn’t like that. I lost all my data. My fault.

Device name: Fairphone 4
Device CodeName: FP4
Previous Version of /e/OS: 1.20-s (stable)

Works great!

Thank you /e/ team.

Vendor Name: Motorola
Device name: Moto G5
Device CodeName: XT1676
Previous Version of /e/OS: 1.20-r-2024022132014-dev-cedric

The installation was ok, no error.
But after reset, I can’t have Wifi: if I turn it on, after a few seconds it turns off whithout connection. In the settings, turnning on the Wifi does not seem to activate anything.
The rest of the system seems ok.

1 Like

Device name: Fairphone 4/Murena one
Previous Version of /e/OS: 1.2.0
Device CodeName: FP4
The installation was ok and without any error.
Since the upgrade to 1.2.1, icons for the provider, call volume and 4G telephony have appeared in the status bar, blocking space for basic information.
Unfortunately, these cannot be hidden or switched off in the settings. Although this is not a malfunction, it is pointless and annoying.
It would be very helpful, if this issue could be resolved. It seems, that I am not the only one with this issue.
Anything else seems to be working well.
Kind regards

3 Likes

Hi Piero,
Thank you for this reply. I completed the survey. Should the problem also be reported to the Gitlab?

1 Like

As you already reseted your data, you can install e-1.20

I don’t want to loose my data; it’s my main (and only) phone. Since it’s a serious problem (bluetooth and wifi connectivity is essential nowadays), is it possible to send an OTA update to correct the bug as earlier as possible?

I have reported it this morning. I hope a solution is found ASAP.

2 Likes

I am on a Murena One and my Wifi is not working after the new installation.

So you mean with this method? https://doc.e.foundation/devices/one/install

I’m happy to do that. If it helps.

I use my laptop with Xubuntu 22.04 LTS (since I am not at home).

So if more information (from the command line) is needed I can do that.

1 Like

Vendor Name : Fairphone
Device name : Fairphone 3+
Device CodeName : FP3
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously : /e/OS v1.20 S (stable)
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted : Not rooted

Upgrade from S to T went very smoothly and took no longer than a regular update. Not encountered any problems for now, except that it seems the screen resolution and/or scaling has been changed in Android 13…?

Many thanks again to the development team. This is the second time I’ve been offered an OS upgrade OTA since I installed /e/OS on my Fairphone 3+, so I’m very pleased! :+1: