Feedback for v1.4

Is App Lounge still using (the mysterious and totally anonymous) cleanapk? I thought the plan was to get FOSS apps direct from F-Droid

If they are, I would strongly recommend installing and using F-Droid to install and update FOSS apps

Have you tried upgrading to v1.4? I have an S7 and it seems to me that less people (or actually none) are complaining about echoes on normal calls now. Loudspeaker is still not useable.

On another note, have you installed a different screen protector or case to the S7? Sometimes the echo on calls can be caused by certain cases, especially if they are full-body cases (front and back).

I once had an issue with a screen protector. After a call the proximity sensor wouldn’t recognize that I took the phone off my ear and so the display stayed black. I would have to use the power button to wake up the display. Maybe it has something to do with that?

Anyway, no display issues on my side
 Running /e/OS 1.4

I have an S7 and v1.4. I still have an echo in normal call. But I stopped complaining. From what I saw on Gitlab, I think that the dev team is aware of the problem but were not able to solve it despite a lot of effort.

1 Like

You can see on Gitlab that there is a workaround for the issue but the developers were reluctant on implementing it, because it might break some devices that don’t have the problem. I was thinking about trying it out myself to see if it fixes the problem on my phone.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer.
I didn’t mentioned it, but I’ve the v1.4 and the echo issue is still there.

I’ve got the same screen protector and simple case for 2 years now, and it was ok before the v1.

Let me know if you try to fix the problem on your own !

Thanks.
Yes, I was ok with it for 2 years, but I’m surprised than the update get the thing worse and afraid about the next ones.

1 Like

I also want to try. I’m just waiting to have another phone in backup in case I screw things up.

mobi.inthepocket.bcmc.bancontact
Payconiq is not working

The camera is not working any more, photos ok but films do not work.
I’m on 1.4/S7 edge.

This thread was showing 152 posts, now after having to re scroll, only 146! Reason for posting is an issue with Mail client. Messages I have replied to have been ending up in Trash. Some were responses to queries on an email forum. More concerning are emails sent to kitchen installer and never got a reply, this might explain why! Phone is Fairphone 3+ purchased from e foundation store.

I have a Motorola G 5G and version 1.4 will not install. I was able to upgrade to version 1.1, 1.2, and 1.3 just fine, but when I try to upgrade to 1.4 or 1.5, the download works, the install process finishes, then when I click reboot, the phone just reboots 5 or 6 times and then reverts to version 1.3.

J’ai rĂ©ussi Ă  tĂ©lĂ©charger finalement. Par contre, il y a une erreur Ă  l’installation (voir image). Avez-vous une idĂ©e de la cause ?

Visiblement, l’application nĂ©cessite une librairie Google qui, en toute logique, n’est pas disponible sur un Android degooglisĂ©.

C’est Ă©trange Ă©tant donnĂ© que cela fonctionnait avec la version 1.3 de e/OS. J’ai essayĂ© d’installer Google Maps (bien que je n’en ait pas envie), mais ça ne suffit pas Ă  permettre l’installation de cette application importante pour moi. Avez-vous une idĂ©e pour la rĂ©solution de ce problĂšme ?

This is strange since it worked with version 1.3 of e/OS. I tried to install Google Maps (although I don’t want to), but it’s not enough to install this important application for me. Do you have any idea how to solve this problem?

In case of such trouble, you could use the website in a convenient App wrapper 
 https://f-droid.org/packages/us.spotco.maps/

J’ai installĂ© GMaps WV, mais ça ne fonctionne toujours pas. Faut-il faire quelque chose en plus ?

I installed GMaps WV, but it still doesn’t work. Should something more be done?

@denis16
What is wrong with it?

Can you give me please 1.13 rom? I see to download only 1.11v.

ETA: Mid September, i hope for next week :crossed_fingers:

This topic was automatically closed after 29 days. New replies are no longer allowed.