Feedback for v1.5

Yes, you have to “reactived” even if blisslauncher is already activated :wink:

1 Like

Just reboot the device, it should work again…

Strange, I do no have this issue on my FP4 1.5.1-s. Did you try to turn Advanced Privacy off for those applications that do not connect to internet?

Me too I don’t experienced these problems with Wi-Fi. I use Feeder too and it works also with Adbanced privacy on.

How many times? I shut down my phone every evening.

I shut down my device seldom. I just switch to flight mode at night.

Hmm, difficult to tell. Sometimes right after I switched flight mode off, sometimes just after a couple of hours. It seems somehow random.

But I’ll wait what happens the next days since I tried what @TheMajorTom recommended.

I had issues like that for months on two FP3 devices (see here). But at last since 1.4 this seems to be gone completely. Never had this anymore. I reach now indeed an entire release cycle (!) between two reboots.

I tried resetting the WiFi but there was no change.

I’ve found another strange behavior of the dialer app under 1.5.1 S. If I try to call somebody, I can’t hear this typical “tuut…tuut” sound. And suddenly the called person is in the line. So dialer app seems to work.

Does have anyone an idea?

Thanks aibd.
I installed Lynx Launcher and that fixed the issues I was having.

Normally the dialling tone (when calling somebody before he answers) is provided by the carrier and not the OS… So this may not be related to /e/OS.

1 Like

But it appeared with the Android 12 update. Do you know how I can fix it? Maybe reinstall provider firmware or something else?

I have the same issue Disney+ will not work now but on a Fairphone 4 , error code 39 which I believe is to do with DRM , it might be worth creating an issue about it on gitlab , I know there is a few already.

Strange, here on Fairphone 4 /e/OS 1.5.1-s stable (bootloader locked, no root), Disney+ still work like a charm…

1 Like

Yeah I just discovered that if I locked the bootloader it works perfectly, of course I had to set everything back up again :roll_eyes:

Thanks though for the help

Updating my FP4 to the latest 1.5.1-s-20221102231514-stable-FP4 went flawless.
All updates so far went flawless right from the very beginning.
Interesting facelift btw. The battery charge effect is nice yet subtle, maybe some kind of charge symbol change could also be implemented for “textual” based battery state.

I’m experiencing problems with release 1.5.
About phone: FP3
/e/OS version is 1.5-r-20221028230215-stable-FP3

Since I upgraded from 1.4 to 1.5, my battery drains within a day with the same activity as before (almost no apps opened).
Directly after the upgrade I did notice the WiFi connection keeps connecting and disconnecting. In the log of my DHCP server, it was about once every 8 seconds. Maybe this resulted in excessive battery usage?

Positive note: I do like the improved, less annoying sound when plugging in the charger cable :slight_smile:

Thanks.
After reboot no more fingerprint issue. :grinning:

FP3
update from 1.4 to 1.5 fails, updater crashes after successful download of 1.5
bootloader not unlocked

Did you already try to turn off the phone (not just reboot, real shutdown) and turn it on again?

For anything else more version info would be interesting …

It seems the trick helped. No more issues with Wifi so far.

Thx again @TheMajorTom

Does anyone successful connect to a private DNS like dns.digitale-gesellschaft.ch either with Wifi or mobile data?