Feedback for v1.6

Received the update to 1.6-R on my FP3 yesterday and it worked flawlessly.

Update 1.6r ok on Murena one. No improvement on the issues found on v.1.5:

• The fingerprint sensor stops working a few minutes after the screen is in standby. When it happens the phone slow down and bugs

• Bliss launcher is always unstable. It crashes as soon as I use it with gesture navigation. Forced to use a third party launcher (ruthless launcher)

Thanks again, I will consider using it when I can afford the (little) risk using beta-versions. For now its solved: yesterday I received the 1.6r stable version via OTA.

1 Like

SM-G930F (S7 bought in /e/-shop)
updated from 1.5 to
1.6-q-20221129238948-stable-herolte
all is fine from what I can tell so far.
Thank You!

Here my Samsung S9+ ( SM-G965F )
purchased at the e.foundation
smoothly upgraded from 1.5 to 1.6 ( 1.6-q-20221129238948-stable-star2lte )

Many thanks to everybody!

Vendor Name: Google
Device name: Pixel 4a (5G)
Device Code Name:  Bramble
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: e1.6r
The device is: Not rooted

As soon as I opened the Weather app to enter a manual location the Biss app generated an error and then the screen began to flicker on-off. During this time I had access to the side buttons was able to shutdown or restart. After a reboot the same continued. At one point I just left screen flickering and it finally shut down with app error.

I was able to roll back to 1.6r.

FP3+ already on Android 11 since 1.5.
I don’t know if it’s because of the “Did you know? /e/OS updates are full blahblah” popup that I got when tapping “Install”, but the percentage displayed near the “Preparing for first boot” and “Finalising package installation” progress bar is stuck at 100% despite the overall process seemingly going on as planned and the bar gradually filling up as usual. :laughing:

I also have the BlissLauncher crashing issue on a non-rooted GS290, but sadly clearing the data from Bliss and Trebuchet doesn’t help (and I don’t want to install another launcher). Any other options?

FP4 is now updatedable. Thanks!

No issues on Samsung Galaxy S9
Thank you dev team!

Oneplus 3 running 1.6r. Now running fine.

After OTA upgrade, the phone would not receive an incoming call. SMS were being received and causing notifications.

Despite one particular caller being configured even to bypass “do not disturb”, they were going direct to voicemail.

After toggling all do not disturb settings on and off, it has stopped doing this, and incoming calls are now being received.

Have finally updated my Samsung S7 edge from 1.5q to 1.6q (the update to 1.6 was available several days later than the 1.6s update for my S10+).

A short comparison between s10+ with 1.6s and s7edge with 1.6q:

• update download was very slow and timed out several times on S7 (the download on S10 was really fast and did not time out even once)
  • the actual update process was without any errors on both
  • both phones are working fine without no obvious significant errors, after the upgrade
  • the “hide my IP” (Orbot VPN) works pretty well on S10+ with 1.6s. On S7 with 1.6q it’s still veeeery slow and times out from time to time (App store is pretty much unuseable through it).
  • on S7 with 1.6q App store keeps crashing without showing any error messages.
  • S7 with 1.6q has had a few moments when it was quite sluggish in operation (not having played with it enough yet, I don’t know if this is a regular occurrence was wast just a busy app in the background)
  • Account manager (and default mail app) have started giving “Network I/O error” when the ORBOT VPN is enabled.

This is a quick first impression. Will post further updates if I find additional issues with the S7 and 1.6q (the S10 with 1.6s has been used extensively for the last few days and no bugs or issues additional to known 1.5 ones, encountered so far)

Tor will pick two random guard nodes and use them for a set period of time (days) before switching.
Sometimes you just get a slow/overloaded one.
https://support.torproject.org/about/entry-guards/

1 Like

I did have a very minor issue when upgrading my fp4 from 1.5 (ota update) as one app (voice, an audiobook app) seems to have lost all data.
I am fairly sure the update was involved in the issue as I stopped listening to the book to allow the system to reboot after having downloaded and prepared the upgrade package.

It is completely minor and the only problem I identified but since this looks like some data loss I supposed it is worse reporting this in this thread.

Hy, Samsung S7, herolte, seems to work fine, thanks a lot!

A few hours ago I downloaded and installed the version 1.6 update for my Fairphone 4. No error messages or odd behaviour.

However, when I tried to reboot the phone, I got stuck at the screen where the “e” and the jumping dot are displayed. After that, nothing happened.

It looks like the device is soft-bricked. When I turn it on, the bootloader starts and shows “Fairphone - Powered by Android”. Then the “e” and the jumping dot appear and nothing happens anymore.

Any suggestions what to do now?

Hi @silverblue02 , I see your call for assistance has been swept from your original thread and plonked into here. Not the best place to be looking for help with a phone that won’t boot, in my opinion.

https://community.e.foundation/t/phone-no-longer-boots-after-updating-to-1-6/46040

Anyway, I’m not a Fairphoner but some more info about your phone would help before doing anything on device

What /e/OS version was it on before (stable or dev) and was the bootloader locked or unlocked?

My FP3 showed a very similar behaviour, albeit it didn’t appear immediately after updating but after a reboot afterwards. I “fixed” it by taking the phone battery out while it was stuck on the boot screen, then putting the battery back in and powering the phone on.

My GS290 works just fine except the (not) saving passwords.

Btw, it is logged in gitlab;
Browser not saving passwords (#6270) · Issues · e / Backlog · GitLab

Also, BankId still fails.

Hope these issues will be included in next release.

I have an issue of battery draining really fast, on a fairphone 2 “FP2” with /e/OS 1.6-202212202239576 installed on 15/12. I had 1.5 before.
I looked at the battery usage and the use of the screen is quite important.
Moreover, the phone rebooted by itself a few time automatically, all since the update.
After one reboot (I think it was because of empty battery) the recovery screen appaeared (reboot system nom, apply update/factory reset) I rather switch off the phone again and could open it again.
Should I do a factory reset?
Could someone please help?