Feedback for v1.6

Pl share feedback on the v1. 6 build for your devices and application you use in this thread. Refer category description here
Builds are being released in a staggered manner, with a few devices at a time.
We also have a poll to rate each build.

• I have updated to v1.6 on my device and it is working well
  • I updated to v1.6 but I am having issues (Please share the issue details on this thread)
  • I am not able to update to v1.6 (Please share the issue details on this thread)

0 voters

When sharing your feedback or issues, Please add the following details

• Vendor Name
  • Device name
  • Device CodeName
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted

Refer this table for vendor, codename details

Refer this guide to share more details in your feedback

6 Likes

Just updated, using sideload:

Samsung Tab S6 Lite (SM-P610)
1.6-s-20221201239247-dev-gta4xlwifi

All seems to work fine.
Thank’s dev team

2 Likes
I only just updated, but one instant observation running 1.6-s-20221201239247-dev-FP3 (not rooted, coming from 1.5.1-s): Unless my memory fools me, BATTERY USAGE used to list DISPLAY ON time (exact naming might have differed; I think it was listed soon after "Phone idle") – I don't see it listed anymore now. (Click for screenshot)

Does this occur to others, too?

I didn’t find this change in the release notes, so I wonder if it’s intended or not.

If anybody running 1.6-s-20221201239247-dev-FP3 and installing the /e/OS microG version with Exposure Notifications could give feedback whether microG works afterwards (doesn’t keep stopping all the time, Settings - System - Advanced - MicroG works), it would be helpful.
(This didn’t work for me with 1.5.1-s-20221103231515-dev-FP3.)

I’m quite sure it’s not exactly what you are interested in, but anyway, it can’t really hurt to mention for the slim chance it might still be relevant for you: I am running CCTG (never needed to install any microG with Exposure Notifications), just activated bluetooth and location at 21:00 and already have “collected” some first IDs.

1 Like

Thanks.
Yeah, I have CCTG running, too. There was no problem with it in any way.
But I like things which should work … to work. At least before I consider upgrading again :wink: .

No issues on Pixel 4a 5G performing OTA update.

Also updated S6 Lite. Only minor problems noted.

• In settings app the icons on the left side turn to grey box when clicked on.
  • Can’t get rid of icons in bottom bar or bottom bar itself. Always poping up again (I don’t use the apps listed there)

Hi!
As I use dark mode, that grey color would be necessary. I haven’t tried with dark mode off.

You can turn off the “task bar” if you wish:
System - Buttons - Activate task bar OFF (direct translation from portuguese)

Cheers

Works great on Fairphone 4. Notifications are back for Le Monde, France Info :slight_smile: but not for L’Equipe :confused: I check the others medias.

Updated my Xiaomi Mi8 (dipper) from 1.6-rc-s to 1.6-s-20221201239247-dev-dipper by sideload.

Working fine.

Very small bugs in gallery’s and settings’display (albums’name / security status empty field). Yet shared on the testing channel

Thanks to the Team!

I had the same issues with 1.51-s on FP4, but with the 1.6-s update it’s working fine now. The MicroG app doesn’t crash (it did before on 1.51) and seems to be working. I cannot tell if exposure logging works because the Corona tracing app I’m using has it’s own logging framework, so I can’t turn on exposure notifications in MicroG itself.

1 Like

The app “Sony headphones connect” wont install :frowning: from app lounge
Seperate apk download installs :slight_smile:

FP4 update doesnt show up even after several retries

2 Likes

I noticed one thing but I don’t know if it was the same in 1.51 and/or if it’s FP4-related. On my old phone, I had enabled “System > Gestures > Tap to check phone” which allows me to view lockscreen content by tapping the screen, without using the power button.

In 1.6-s the option only shows when I use the settings search bar, but then when I go to the corresponding section the option is not there to be enabled. According to the search there are two locations, “System > Gestures” and “Display > Lock screen” but neither shows the “Tap” option. Is there any reason why this is not available on /e/OS?

I just downloaded v.1.6 (e-1.6-r-20221202239576) and have faced an annoying issue :

BlissLauncher is crashing indefinitely at start so I can’t access many apps.

Details :

Device : Redmi Note 8T
Device CodeName : ginkgo
I had v.1.5r-20221030230467-dev-ginkgo before.

• Vendor Name : Oneplus
  • Device name : Oneplus 8T
  • Device CodeName : kebab
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously : e-1.5.1-s-20221103231515-dev-kebab → flash to OxygenOS 12 to get the latest Anfroid 12 framework → Flash to e-1.6-s
  • Is the device : Not rooted

All seems work fine except battery which drains quickly compared to e-1.5-r. I already raised an issue on Gitlab.

Perhaps try to Clear data from Bliss and Trebuchet.

Settings > Apps and notifications > See all … apps > Bliss Launcher > Storage & cache > Clear storage | Clear cache

In the case of Bliss, Clear storage will reset all icons to default presets.

Settings > Apps and notifications > See all … apps > 3 dot menu top right > Show system > Trebuchet > Storage & cache > Clear storage | Clear cache

2 Likes

I don’t see a change sadly

What install method did you use ?

You might consider changing your Launcher.

1 Like