Feedback for v1.8

Samsung Galaxy s10e
/e/OS 1.8 S
Not rooted

No problem.

Though since I have upgraded from Q to S, the trackers in the apps are not recognized as weel as before : most app only show one tracker instead of much more before. For example Advanced privacy showed 12 trackers in outlook on /e/ os Q, but now only one on /e/ os S (not linked with 1.8, it was the same on 1.7). Some apps show 3trackers when exodus and app lounge show 6 trackers. Those trackers used to be all recognized and blocked by advanced privacy on Q version.

I wonder if ths is normal

Moto
G7
River
e OS 1.8 dev
Rooted

Maps crashes repeatedly after a few minutes since updating to eOS v1.8. With or without navigation and plenty of pace on the phone and SD card.

Thanks,
Patrick

1 Like
  • Vendor Name : Fairphone
  • Device name : Fairphone 4
  • Device CodeName : FP4
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously : 1.7
  • Is the device : Not rooted

After 1h5 mn of update, everything seems to work.
I updated the Magic Earth map and I have the impression that this is what made my phone reboot once without warning.
Now it seems ok.

1 Like
  • Vendor Name : Orange
  • Device name : Fairphone 3
  • Device CodeName : FP3
  • Version of /e/OS before : e/os v 1.7 R stable
  • Is the device : Not rooted

Everything is fine ! Even a slightly bug on keepass as been fixed.
(I was unable to interact with the app buttons while the keyboard was up (openboard))
But the “show release note” button redirect to an non existing page on the gitlab !
https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/os/releases/-/releases/v1.8-r

Thanks Murena team for this new version !

1 Like

I’m waiting the update for mine FP4. Meanwhile, could @stanwood or @18yt8zhg test for me TTS? Is it possible to select one entry for “vocal input” in Settings? Thanks in advance. :pray:

1 Like

I don’t think so :

1 Like

Thank you, @Bristow. Sad to see this :slightly_frowning_face:

Edit: changed milestone to 1.9

Samsung S7 SM-G930F
(purchased in /e/-shop)
not rooted
just updated from
1.7-q-20230110250405-stable-herolte
to
1.8.1-q-20230204257075-stable-herolte

works fine from what I can tell so far (haven’t tested everything yet)

Unlike last update (1.6 → 1.7) AP status was not altered during update.

Thank You!

1 Like

Ok, several users did already report the same issue (Gallery app takes 5 to 6 seconds to display the pictures).

Someone has already opened an issue: gallery app takes several second to load thumbnails (#6658) ¡ Issues ¡ e / Backlog ¡ GitLab

Hope a fix will be released :wink: In the meanwhile I’m using “Simple Gallery” app that works like a charm.

3 Likes
Vendor Name : Fairphone

Device name :Fairphone 3

Device CodeName : FP3

Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously : e/OS 1.7 -s

Is the device Rooted / Not rooted : Rooted

No problem with download, finalising took about 2,5 hours when finished there was no reboot option.
Restarted the phone myself. Everything seems to work fine at the moment.

1 Like

Update FP3 from 1.7 stable
not rooted

Everything is working fine, two problems are solved with 1.8.1:

• location is working in car sharing app (was a problem since ever)
  • “overlay discovered”- error in banking app (was a problem since 1.7)
    Thank you! :+1:
1 Like

:astonished: the whole process took about 2.5 minutes with my old Xiaomi MiMIX2!

Vendor Name : Fairphone
Device name : Fairphone 4
Device CodeName : FP4
Version of /e/OS which existed previously : 1.7 stable
Is the device Rooted/Not rooted: Not rooted

Update gone very well, think it took about 20 minutes. No issue until now.
I’m glad I found PicoTTS, as expected:

Thank you /e/ team! :clap:

2 Likes

Possibly this is going to be forked for stock Gallery app.

This would be a good decision. I had a brief chat with the developer recently. Nice guy. I really like aves libre. Now I only missing something like snapseed as FLOSS.

FP3
1.7r
Everything updated smoothly top 1.8r

1 Like

Xiaomi Mi8 here on 1.8.1. Sometimes with autofill via Bitwarden, the GBoard stays on the Screen and it is not possible to hide it.

Installed Magisk to use Android Auto. Working. No other Problems so far.

1 Like

Fairphone
FP3+
FP3
/e/OS 1.7-s-20230111250406-dev-FP3
Not rooted

After some hours responsiveness decreases rapidly until UI freezes completely.

1 Like

hi Elk - thanks for responding…yes, powered the phone off and on several times and also reset settings and neither resolved the issues

What is the best way to get back to 1.7 as I’m not sure will be able to get newer versions w/o wifi connection?

I think, as 1.7 has an earlier security patch level than 1.8, Android rollback protection would kick in, not letting you downgrade without a factory reset for security reasons.

So, the way is really just installing the earlier version like a new install with wiping your data. Either you will do it yourself as part of the install or rollback protection will force you to do a factory reset to boot the older version successfully after installing it.