Feedback for v1.8

Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact (xz2c)
/e/OS 1.8.1-s-20230204257074-dev-xz2c
not rooted
everything seems to be ok

1 Like

No, it is not depending on the launcher.

1 Like

One thing that sometimes seemed to help me (on an FP3+) with getting an OTA update was also to reboot the Fairphone before trying again.

I tried it but noting…

1 Like

Essential PH-1
mata
Rooted.
/e/OS 1.8.1-q from 1.7-q
Smooth update.

App Lounge has an annoying, non-removable dialog. It takes awhile for thumbnails to show so an informational dialog would show about a timeout. In the background the thumbs are appearing but I can’t exit or back out of the dialog. Have to choose one of the options presented.
Unchecked the common apps. Started and closed Apps a few times and then re-enabled the common apps.
Got better after that. No more dialog.
The dialog itself is fine and informative. Not being able to dismiss it was annoying.

Browser update was a welcome surprise. Version matches the last Bromite. Sure Bromite is now behind the curve but that’s okay for now.
Plus I get my bottom toolbar back.
Settings → Accessibility → Move toolbar to bottom

• OnePlus
  • 9 Pro
  • LE2127 (Not supported)
  • e/OS-1.7-s
  • Not rooted

It’s working fine for now, i just update via OTA. Thanks!

1 Like

I think it was disabled by the devs. Only blue available for now.

A big thanks to the /e/OS team for finally updating the Browser in v1.8, which was an important expected change for a lot of us :relaxed:

1 Like

Fairphone
FP4
/e/OS 1.8.1 Stable
Not rooted

Just got the update tonight. Everything seems fine.
Just noticed that “gallery” app is really slow to open (5 seconds to display images vs 2 seconds before). Tried to clear cache and data, reboot phone, etc…but no change.
Everything else works well by now. Will update if anything goes wrong.
Thank you one again for all the hard work!!

1 Like

Honestly, ditch the gallary app for Aves libre. It is fast! Has cool features.

2 Likes
  • Fairphone
  • FP3+ Refurbished (from Murena shop)
  • /e/OS 1.7-20230110250404
  • Not rooted

The update notification did not appear until I rebbot the phone.
But once the update completed everything works fine as far as I can tell.
It didn’t reinstalled foundations.apps that I have uninstalled with adb and it kept the ones i have personaly installed. Nice.

2 Likes

So I have updated the Samsung S7 Edge phone to 1.8.1-20230203257075-hero2lte
Device Name SM-G935F
Previous /e/OS version: 1.7-20230110250405
Not rooted
When I first installed and used my Samsung S7 phone with a SIM card, the version before 1.7, it used to sometimes go off and then get into a bootloop so I stopped using it because I have another phone, namely a BQ Aquaris Pro, which works fine. Everything seems OK so far but I am going to try using the S7 again to see if the problem no longer affects it after two updates.

• Vendor Name: FAIRPHONE
  • Device name: FP4
  • Device CodeName: FP4
  • Version of /e/OS: 1.7 stable
  • device Not rooted

the ringing of the called party (orange Be) does not work, except for fixed lines

ok merci

1 Like

Vendor Name - Motorola

Device name - Moto G7 Play

Device CodeName - channel

Version of /e/OS or Stock which previously - just updated to e-1.8.1-r-20230205257804-channel from e-1.7-r-20230111250687-channel (was only using 1.7 for a few 

weeks with no issues but have been using /e/OS for almost a year on this device)

also see this Build number in About Phone: e_channel-user 11 RQ3A.211001.001 eng.root.20230205.205851 dev-keys

Is the device Rooted / Not rooted - rooted

Issue: Wifi no longer works - I can move the slider to turn on wifi and it turns green but it does not connect and when I leave the screen the slider goes back to off;
I selected “Forget” the saved network and now there is no option to even attempt to connect to a wifi network

Using the wifi shortcut from home pulldown icon - tapping the icon shows a message “Turning on” but it never turns on

Presumed when the phone listed an update that it was stable but seems that might not be the case (would like a warning prior to downloading an unstable version)

How do I easily rollback to the prior version?

1 Like

Dear Team, i have a Samsung S8 and everything is working so fare.

But i miss the Split screen (Tiling) to have two Apps at the same time. IT is Not working by long pressing thé square.

Thanks for the effort and help

2 Likes

It was changed, now you have to long press the icon app over the window app.

3 Likes

Okay, then we have to wait and see … Thank you for the information :slight_smile:

Hello!

• Vendor Name: e.foundation
  • Device name: FP3+
  • Device CodeName: FP3
  • Version of /e/OS: 1.8.1-r-20230204257076-stable-FP3
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: I don’t know (so I suppose it is not?)

Still have the issue that appeared with 1.7: cannot access conversation in the message app without it crashing.
(Already tried rebooting the phone and clearing cache of “Trebuchet” like it was suggested with 1.7 :slight_smile:)
Also, I did not see the notification “preparing for the first boot” after restarting the phone…

Thank you for your help!

1 Like

Have you tried turning off the phone (no reboot, real shutdown), waiting a few seconds, then turning it on again?
Else … You could try the network reset in Settings - System - Reset options.

You learned something about presuming now :wink: .
Updates are stable until it turns out in practice they aren’t … on any computer device with any OS. Even if there’s testing before release, it can never ever cover every possible circumstance an OS installation might be in out there in the wild.

• Vendor Name : Fairphone
  • Device name : Fairphone 4
  • Device CodeName : FP4
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously : 1.7
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted I do not know, probably not rooted because /e/OS has been installed with easy install

All is OK, thank you murena team for this new 1.8.1 stable version.

2 Likes