Feedback for v1.9

If the update is first shown in the updater, and gone shortly after: for me it helped to clear the cache of the updater. After a refresh it was present again!

And you can install the update ? Because for me same result : impossible.

• Vendor Name Fairphone
  • Device name FP4
  • Device CodeName
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously 1.8.1
  • device Not rooted

new version but impossible to install erreur

install « e-1.9-s-20230310268290-stable-FP4.zip » via recovery

ups…

1 Like

Hello.
On my phone it is not possible to install the 1.9 update via the updater. The manual download with the url via the browser works.
error message in updater: download failed. no network connection…

Device: Fairphone 4 (256GB)

Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously 1.8.1-s20230203257059-stable-FP4

Is the device rooted

Thank you very much Manoj for your support.

There was an issue with the images server which was resolved. Will check with the team if there is any other reason why downloads are not happening.
Will update.

7 Likes

The download is still impossible as we speak.

The 17th of march at 08:22 french time, still impossible to download and install 1.9 due to a “network error” for Fairphone FP4 (see Cabnedor message).

There is an issue with the downloads. The team is working on resolving this. Will update on the progress.

2 Likes

Unfortunately I did find a bug after all:

• Vendor Name OnePlus
  • Device name 9
  • Device CodeName lemonade
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously eOS 1.8 (latest official one via OTA)
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted rooted

Since the update to 1.9, making a screenshot via power+volume down is no longer possible. Either button that gets triggered first, reacts. So either I turn down my volume or I turn off my screen. No settings whatsoever changed and it worked before.

No matter what I try in settings, I can’t solve the problem :frowning: And I used to use hat a lot.

UPDATE: after turning off “advanced reboot” in settings and rebooting the phone… Advanced reboot is still there although the switch is turned off. But screenshot via Vol.down+power works again. No logic so far.

Hi @Manoj

This 1.9 S update is not received yet on Oneplus 8T (Kebab). It’s not present in the OTA API even if this page said that the OP8T received the last update.

1 Like

All users who were facing issues with the downloads pl retry and let me know in this thread if the issue has been resolved.
The infra team has reported they have resolved the issue.

5 Likes

Hey,

I still have issues with downloading the 1.9. I use FP4. The same error with the network.

Cheers and thanks

1 Like

Same network problem with the 1.9 download on FP4…

Best regards.

• fairphone 3
  • FP3
  • 1.8.1-r-20230204257076-stable-FP3
  • update not found

FP4, update not downloadable from the Updater, but it is accessible directly from the url

Are the issues only being experienced by FP4 /FP3 users?

No, I have a problem with my redmi note 7😭

Are you able to see the download in the updater, but get an error when you attempt to download?

Yes but after downloading the update via the URL, impossible to install it.