Feedback for v1.9

Refresh the updater a few times more
and see whether it helps like it did before :wink: .

I guess there must be a release plan but devs might have forgotten to make the issue visible to everyone.
@rhunault

bonjour Ă  tous
je suis l’heureux propriĂ©taire d’un xiaomi redmi note 7 mais la mise Ă  jour n’apparaĂźt toujours pas alors qu’elle est disponible dans la page dĂ©diĂ©e Ă  l’installation de e/OS pour cet appareil.
Y a (t’il un problĂšme sur les serveurs ou sur mon tĂ©lĂ©phone?
Merci pour votre aide
hello to all
I am the proud owner of a xiaomi redmi note 7 but the update still does not appear although it is available in the page dedicated to the installation of e/OS for this device.
Is there a problem on the servers or on my phone?
Thanks for your help

I have the new version but impossible to install.

4 Likes

Something like this also happened to me: first saw the new version, then had a network error, at last didn’t find new version no more.

FP4 here and exact same issue as 18yt8zhg.
The update is shown but pushing download brings the same errormessage (in my language).
Another push on the refresh button leaves the updater app and on restart the update is gone until another refresh.

1 Like

Same here with FP4. I get errors about the network. Although everything else works (data transfer through the network).

Same with my Samsung S7, bought from /e/:

OTA upgrade server seems to be “online”:
https://status.e.foundation/

I’m sure @Manoj will check this in a couple of hours.

If the update is first shown in the updater, and gone shortly after: for me it helped to clear the cache of the updater. After a refresh it was present again!

And you can install the update ? Because for me same result : impossible.

• Vendor Name Fairphone
  • Device name FP4
  • Device CodeName
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously 1.8.1
  • device Not rooted

new version but impossible to install erreur

install « e-1.9-s-20230310268290-stable-FP4.zip » via recovery

ups

1 Like

Hello.
On my phone it is not possible to install the 1.9 update via the updater. The manual download with the url via the browser works.
error message in updater: download failed. no network connection

Device: Fairphone 4 (256GB)

Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously 1.8.1-s20230203257059-stable-FP4

Is the device rooted

Thank you very much Manoj for your support.

There was an issue with the images server which was resolved. Will check with the team if there is any other reason why downloads are not happening.
Will update.

7 Likes

The download is still impossible as we speak.

The 17th of march at 08:22 french time, still impossible to download and install 1.9 due to a “network error” for Fairphone FP4 (see Cabnedor message).

There is an issue with the downloads. The team is working on resolving this. Will update on the progress.

2 Likes

Unfortunately I did find a bug after all:

• Vendor Name OnePlus
  • Device name 9
  • Device CodeName lemonade
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously eOS 1.8 (latest official one via OTA)
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted rooted

Since the update to 1.9, making a screenshot via power+volume down is no longer possible. Either button that gets triggered first, reacts. So either I turn down my volume or I turn off my screen. No settings whatsoever changed and it worked before.

No matter what I try in settings, I can’t solve the problem :frowning: And I used to use hat a lot.

UPDATE: after turning off “advanced reboot” in settings and rebooting the phone
 Advanced reboot is still there although the switch is turned off. But screenshot via Vol.down+power works again. No logic so far.

Hi @Manoj

This 1.9 S update is not received yet on Oneplus 8T (Kebab). It’s not present in the OTA API even if this page said that the OP8T received the last update.

1 Like