Feedback for v1.9

Brilliant! That did the trick.

Here is an update:

I was wrong, the option is still there. You just have to activate the “Datensparmodus” (I do not know how to translate it, maybe data saving modus). Now the Apps are asking you if you are sure to use mobile data. And you have to allow them the use of mobile data, otherwise they ask you and when you allow it, nothing will happen… (This could be improved).
So this is not a topic anymore for me BUT…

Dear /e/OS team, i recognize that my phone is now losing Wifi connection even when using it (e.g. by listening of podcasts). This happens still after deactivating the option to use mobile data when it is faster than wifi. It is also not a problem of the wifi router, another phone with version 1.8.1 has no problem with wifi. Please check if this could be improved in the next version.

1 Like

Fritz!Box supplying a 5 GHz Wi-Fi network by any chance?
In this case set a fixed channel and make sure it stays below channel 116 … https://forum.fairphone.com/t/my-fp3-doesnt-like-higher-5ghz-wifi-channels-especially-channel-116/54710/48?u=anotherelk

I would advise to open an issue in the GitLab and be prepared to supply log files, else it could be very hard for the developers to reproduce this in order to be able to fix it.

the channels above 116 thingy seems like a nice idea, but before updating to 1.9.1 it worked fine, just after my wifi loses cnnection…

also, there only is like a handful of people having the issue, so it might not just be the combination of FP3 + FritzBox, that should occur more often… however, I can report that my neighbor also has this combination, but seemingly does NOT have the connectivity issue… so far we couldn’t determine what’s different on his side, though :frowning:

Why, though? It is a very specific issue of Fritz!Box supplying 5 GHz WiFi on a channel greater than 116. It’s not just as simple as “all FP3 users using a Fritz!Box have this issue”.

OnePlus 8, instantnoodle. Update didn’t appear OTA, so updated manually. After update, camera is always in use, meaning the camera/flashlight/etc. won’t work. This is annoying, as a dirty downgrade to 1.8.1 won’t fly.

Still not getting an update on my FP3+ running 1.8.1 and no idea why it is ‘stuck’. Is there a way to force it?

Other small issue with the v1.9S & my samsung galaxy s10+
The system has a fingerprint recognition under the display.
Now after the upgrade it appears relative often, that after unlock with fingerprint, it asks to unlock the phone with the schema unlock system (sometimes really annoying).
Strange too is that by security options to unlock the system, under the list of process to unlock, there is no fingerprint choice.
on the list there are :

• nothing
  • sweep
  • schema
  • code
  • password
    the fingerprint options is directly placed under the security settings, but nothing to unlock the phone…

I also have a problem with the fingerprint reader, which was not present in 1.8.

Motorola 5(s)

About one time out of five, the phone complains that "the fingerprint hardware is not present " (!?).

Thank you for your answer. I swapped my card for a friend’s one to see what would happen. Internet came back on my phone, but my friend couldn’t send or recieve messages and had no internet either. That confirmed my card was dead and I got a new one. Now, it works! So I think the update killed my previous SIM card somehow (it was really after the update that it ceased to work).

Thank you also @aibd for your help. I couldn’t do what you suggested because I couldn’t go to the “Network and internet” settings, it was greyed out. Problem solved anyway.

1 Like

I updated when it came out and back then I was still on 4G. Now my provider changed that and I can use 5G. Since then I loose battery life in aboout 15hrs to zero. Any chance to tell me why this is?

I turned it of to 4G again and batterylife is back to normal.

An other issue on v1.9 s and was on 1.8 R.
If the option of fictive location is activated, normally is it possible in each apps where we need to have the proper one to deactivate it.
Seems that’s not deactivated and the fictive location is is still given to the app.

Works. I deleted the work profile and make it new.

Unfortunately, in 1.10 notes still don’t work for fp4

Had a look at the GitLab link and it seems there’s still development going on, you can follow proceedings there.

On Moto G4 Play and e/os 1.9 the system build-in camera app crashes / do not open.

In e/OS 1.7 and 1.8.1 camera app works fine.

I wonder why e/os 1.9 can still be downloadet and rollout by SystemUpdate with this kind of bug !?!

I feel like a beta-tester than a normal stable user.

You have a stable build on a Moto G4 Play? Stable builds don’t seem to be available for self installing for this device at least. Please confirm … [HOWTO] Give complete /e/OS version info easily for support, answers, comparison etc

Also …

Should be fixed with 1.10, which is available.

Sorry, ich nahm an, daß Geräte aus der “Supported Device List” auch mit den veröffentlichten Versionen / OTA getestet werden.
Scheinbar ist dem nicht so, mein Fehler.

Danke für den Hinweis,
aber e/os 1.10 werde ich vorerst nicht / erst nach einer neuen vollständigen Datensicherung
(eventuell) ausprobieren.
Alles andere ist mir zu unsicher,
da e/os ab 1.x scheinbar nicht mehr zuverlässig mit dem Moto G4 Play getestet zu werden scheint
bzw. es zu viele Bugs mit dem Gerät gibt.
Bis dahin habe ich (mit Datenverlusten) auf die Version 1.8.1 zurückgerollt.

PS:
Ich bin seit e/os 0.14 mit dem Moto G4 play dabei und hatte bis Version 1.x fast keine Probleme.

My Pixel 4a sunfish is stuck on version 1.8.1, it does not find a newer version available in the System updates. I have rebooted and done a full shut down and start, and checked manually for updates. The last checked date is updated to the date that I manually checked and I receive no errors, only:

“You are running the latest /e/OS version.”

I see there are newer images here:
https://images.ecloud.global/stable/sunfish/

Can I try to download one of these images and update via TWRP? If so, should I try 1.10 (the oldest available at that site) or the newest 1.14?

• Vendor Name: Google
  • Device name: Pixel 4a
  • Device CodeName: Sunfish
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: Currently on 1.8.1-20230206257804-sunfish
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: No