Feedback for v1.9

Thank you for your answer, i confirm what did you say. I didn’t see any post to speak about that, whereas i spend a lot of to searching. I had test to reboot my phone and didn’t see the fingerprint in activity. But after you write this, i shutdown my phone, and reboot after. And since this time, i can see the fingerprint is ok.
So I am happy. And now i can see all my problem solved.

Thank you very much.

Long live the e/ communauty.

Hi there,
Here is my feedback :

FP3, Android 12 (not rooted)
The following bugs have been noticed after update from /e/OS 1.8.1 to 1.9-s-20230310268290-stable-FP3

• earphones no longer work (no sound at all).
  • during phone calls (without headphones), about every other time (une fois sur 2), I do not hear the interlocutor and vice versa (aucun de nous 2 n’entend l’autre).
  • some app crashes noticed when many apps launched. Seems more stable with only one at a time. (Memory management problem ?)
  • seems to work fine for the rest. The problem of calls and headphones are major.

Merci beaucoup !

What I tried is to run termux-wifi-enable true every minute to try to keep the Wi-fi alive, but it does nothing at all.

Since the topic is a general feedback, I have some other problems with this version.
When I use adb backup command, a lot of apps are missing in the result.
I also have a stability problem, apps are often killed (or they crash and they never restart).

ADB backup sports a “deprecated” label for a while now, and restore doesn’t work 100% conveniently or even reliably, if you want to believe the internet (and my practical experience).

https://www.xda-developers.com/adb-backup-and-restore-depreciated/

From Android 12 on, it seems it’s almost game over …

https://medium.com/swlh/android-12-changelog-google-finally-restricts-the-power-of-adb-backup-44f2216c219

1 Like

Vendor Name: Samsung
Device name: Samsung S8 SM-G950F
Device CodeName: dreamlte
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 1.8.1-r-20230204257076-stable-dreamlte
Version installed now : 1.9-r-20230310268291-stable-dreamlte
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Not rooted

No issues. Works perfectly.

Hello,
Vendor name : \e\ fondation
Device name Galaxy S8
Device code name SM-G950F
Version /e/OS 1.8.1-2023020425707 6-deamlte
Téléchargement après réception d’une notification. Installation correctement réalisée. Le téléphone semble fonctionner normalement.
Remarques :
Appli « Note » : toujours pas la possibilité de l’utiliser avec un compte local…
Appli « Galery » : toujours pas la possibilité de créer un nouvel album, de renommer une photo… »
Longue vie à /e/ OS.

Hi there,
Since upgrading to /e/OS 1.9, my FP3 is not sending text messages anymore. I can receive them all right, but sending them is impossible.
I have not made any change whatsoever in my other settings (APN and the like).
Similarly, I can not connect anymore to my Mullvad VPN account. It only works when connected to a WiFi network.

Has anyone experienced something similar ?
Do you have any clues as to what could be the cause of this ?

Cheers

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

1 Like

@Nital I have a similar problem connecting to Proton VPN.
I’ve raised an issue in GitLab - see link in my post above Feedback for v1.9 - #157 by dave .
If you follow back my replies in that post you’ll find someone having a similar issue with NordVPN.
As a workaround I’ve found turning both wi-fi and mobile data off and then back on allows the VPN to connect.

Bonjour,
Je suis exactement dans le même cas et tout fonctionne bien !
Merci /e/OS !

@dave thanks for your reply.
Actually I have poorly expressed my issue with regards to Mullvad VPN not connecting: when using the carrier data connection as opposed to WiFi, my Mullvad account number is not recognized (while it is when on WiFi).

Nonetheless I’ve tried your workaround, unfortunately to no avail…

Vendor: Fairphone
Device: Fairphone 3
Device codename: FP3
Previous version: 1.8.1-R-stable
Device is not rooted

2 issues after the update:

• [Minor] Some icons display black; after reboot they display again properly, maybe another icon will display black instead
  • [Major] App switching (“square button”) most of the times only shows the current app. It’s possible to move the carousel but then it only displays the background and I have to guess what app that is (see screenshot). Tapping the “square button” when on the launcher makes it impossible to move the carousel.

Note: I’m using the KISS launcher; the 1st issue does not appear if I switch back to Bliss, but the 2nd issue definitely is still present

Update: messenger crasches only when installed to work profile in shelter, when installed to main it is fine. Other apps like litacka don’t work well in shelter either, it randomly scrashes and is slow.
Bluetooth doesn’t connect to devices which require pin code. It works with bleutooth headphones but doesn’t with garmin watch and laptop. Even if sometimes the pin magically appears the phone will not connect

Hello,

I encounter two issues for the moment under my Fairphone 4:

• Since the last update (version 1.9), the battery drains quickly. After few minutes, I lost 10%.

• Since some versions, impossible to install applications (free or not), whether by hiding my IP address or not. App Lounge does not work very well for me (problem from server or problem with token). I use my 4G connection. It is a pain.

Regards.

I’m also having the camera issue on my Fairphone 2. Besides that my Documents folder is not syncing with Murena cloud.

Seems to me the same, but not immediatly (when instead I think the opposite). After a few days I noticed that.

Now I’m trying to calibrate battery: go to zero, then charge slowly to 100%. It’s now 2 days and the battery is at 43% with my normal use.

FP4
previous: 1.8.1 stable
Not rooted.

Unfortunately, there is still no update to 1.9 offered for Android Q on the FairPhone2. Has support for Q already been canceled on the FP2?

There is an update to 1.9 for Android R on the FP2, but it is still labeled “beta” (in contrast to Q), and I understood that the “drop support for multiple OS versions” announcement in the “Development and Testing Updates” thread does not refer to an immediate cancellation.

@aiwo the Camera issue has a fix by now that is released with 1.10. Any other Camera App you install should work though (I fell back on Graphenes Camera)

It seems Android 10 (Q) doesn’t get security updates anymore from the Android base, it’s not mentioned anymore in the March 2023 Android Security Bulletin.

So, expect Android 10 (Q) to be phased out on /e/OS devices rather soon-ish.

But /e/OS 1.9 doesn’t have the March patch level, so should still be possible like prior updates.

For all of you who had issues with the NOTES tool: There is a fix that will be coming with v1.10.

!!! Don’t clean the app’s storage or cache. !!!

The old notes should reappear after upgrade to e OS 1.10: https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/backlog/-/issues/6790#note_370464

3 Likes

I’m not able to update my Samsung galaxy s10+ with the /e/OS v1.9
The update tool on the phone still don’t see the v1.9.
How is it possible to have a look on a log-file for knowing whats happened ?