Feedback for v2.0

Vendor: Murena
Device: Teracube 2E
Code Name: Emerald
Version of /e/OS previously: 1.21.1 stable
The device is: Not rooted

The extra LTE icons on the status bar are gone, thank you.
I use the KISS launcher and the bliss weather appeared on my list of programs. Could not get it to work, I inputted a town location and then a Lat/Lon but there was no joy. I deleted icon from my list. I’ve been using the SECUSO Privacy Friendly Meteo which works very well. Everything else seems to operate correctly.

Yes, I did, some two years ago. Thanks for the hint, I will try to reinstall it and report what happens.

Even after resetting MicroG it keeps crashing. I do not think that this is a problem of permissions or misconfiguration.

Okay I did found something that doesn’t work… the release notes mention that Android Auto support ‘has arrived’ but I think it quickly hightailed out of there too because no dice. I connected the phone to my car (where my Samsung happily worked with Android Auto) and the phone gives me a popup that ‘no compatible android auto apps could be found’ and refers me to a website about Android 14.

Not a huge deal for me, but inconsistent with the release notes.

Hello,

thanks for the link, even if it is quite old it is working and the file is downlodable.
Yeah, as you pointed, the launcher is an old version, recalling me the old pixel launcher.
But it is doing its job and it has also nice features.
If someone is looking for a working alternative to bliss, able to run even on e os t and lower version, i recommend to give it a chance.

1 Like

Vendor : Google
Device : Pixel 4a
Code name : Sunfish
Version of /e/OS : 1.21-r-20240323388914-stable-sunfish

the update fails, the process loops and my device finally reboots on version 1.21, after displaying a screen :

Fastboot Mode (written in red)
Device state : unlocked (written in red)
Boot slot : a
Enter reason : reload bootloader

Thanks for helping me !

2 Likes

At which part does it fail? Can you explain ‘process loops’ a bit more?

Vendor: Fairphone
Device: Fairphone 3+
Device codename: FP3+
Previous version: 1.21
Device is not rooted

The update went smoothly, and I can’t see any major problems. The only thing I’ve noticed is that the wallpaper thumbnails in the settings don’t seem to match the actual (new) wallpapers in many cases. Could this be a cache-related issue or something similar?

1. settings/wallpaper app (old):

2. actual wallpaper (new):

2 Likes

No problem.

It’s very simple & old, yes :slight_smile:

For more polished functionality and look, Lawnchair is preferable (though just have to change the default search in case of privacy concern).

When I press “Apply update” (in Paramètres > Mises à jour du système) every phase seems to be fine : download, preparation, finalisation of the package installation…
But 10-15 min later, when I press “Restart”, at the reboot, after the Google logo, I have this screen “FastBoot Mode”, and I can select few options : Start, PowerOff, BarCode, Rescue Mode, Recovery Mode, Restart bootloader. And when I choose start, my phone boots and… I’m still on version 1.21
Tried it five or six times now.

1 Like

After 2 other update attempts, I’m back to version 1.21. It’s not a problem, it runs fine and I can wait for v2.0 to work for my OnePlus 7T :wink:

And you did what the release notes say and “refer to the documentation to know more” and do the steps to setup Android Auto?

Thanks for the hint! It worked, the functionality of the square button is back!

Have a great weekend!

1 Like

Playing android becoming hard, freetime runs damn fast, lol.
Almost forgetting about lawnchair.
But, searching, found they uploaded on git their last nightly, v14.
A 34mb launcher, wow, but will also try it.
Only then will make my decision.

1 Like

Hello,

don’ t waste your time anymore trying to apply ota.
Ota could fail, it happens.
I recommend you to manual update your device via adb sideload the zip package.
In my case, i don’ t have e recovery, i use twrp.
My updater app wasn’ t displaying the v2 update as available even if it was already there.
Once hardly downloaded it, it took a long time this time, i manually, as always, flashed it.

Vendor: Google
Device: Pixel 5
Device codename: redfin
Previous version: 1.21T
Device is not rooted

Another family device. Everything OK so far. OTA update runs flawlessly (more or less 50mn).

Same device, same version, and same behavior for me. (Previous updates worked flawlessly so not sure what I’m doing wrong this time. :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Xiaomi
poco f1
beryllium
e 2.0
Not rooted

• The cam is still unstable, can’t take photos, since it’s failed to save the image
  • Can’t move the widgets around

Still facing -

• Profile trusted provider org.lineageos.profiles keeps crashing #6983 (most important, from my point of view)
  • Advanced privacy - Hiding location on one user hiding location for all other users #7097
  • Switching between users causing the apps folders to disappear #7194
  • bday appears multiple times for 1 contact #7015

Vendor Name: OnePlus
Device name: 7 Pro
Device CodeName: Guacamole
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 1.21r - stable
Not rooted

• After upgrade, phone boots only into fastboot. Recovery works but doesn’t do anything.

Is there any way to recover without loosing data?

A new version is good, and I will applaud /e/OS for still building for FP2, but when it comes to security you gain next to nothing in terms of life span anymore this way, FP2 will be stuck on this level because Android 11 (R) doesn’t get security updates anymore and FP2 can’t be upgraded to Android 12 (S) or further for technical reasons.

So, if 2.0 for the FP2 did not receive any security updates and apparently also no (functional) updates of apps (like QR code scanning in the Camera app mentioned in the 2.0 release notes for Android R), what has actually changed with respect to 1.21?

Ingolf

PS: I do not intend to criticize the maintainers of the port. On the contrary – I am very grateful that they kept my FP2 alive for such a long time.

1 Like