Feedback for v2.0

Thank you @pealfa

I tried your first suggestion without any change. I then found a Reset Camera in the menu and just reset the entire thing. It’s working fine now.

In my case, the camera, when chosing Lens 2, would drop to ISO 100, get jerky, and error. So there is some setting that was causing that I suppose, but working fine now.

@ne20002 while I have all uploading disabled on my FP4, I suspect that whatever setting I had causing my other issue could have been contributing to this. Thanks for responding to assist!

Ah, I forgot to comment that I already stopped the app in the first place and deleted all the storage.
For me it was not working when recording videos and then I made the change indicated.
Thank you.

Vendor: Fairphone
Device: Fairphone 3+
Device codename: FP3+
Previous version: 1.21
Rooted device
Launcher : nova

• issue with opened app overview (2 button navigation). Can’t see open apps, switch between them or close them.
  • on locked screen, can’t get shortcuts to work (flashlight and camera).

Unfortunately I have to report that after a good while on V2 without issues, I just had the mysterious soft reboot issue again… a sudden Murena logo followed by entering the pin. It seems that for several versions this bug has not been solved. I shudder to think what the effect would be if this happens in an emergency.

Confirmed also at Murena FP5 and V2.0, but is less often then in V.1.21 stable.

Not a big deal.
Fairphone 3
/e/os 20-t-20240506399547-stable-FP3
Android 13
May 2024
The battery indicator shows 55% charge and the icon shows 3/4 charge.
in settings Battery shows 55% indicator looks correct and about 2 days left

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/OS the deGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Vendor Name: Oneplus
Device name: 5T A5010
Device CodeName: Dumpling
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: **e-1.21-t-**dev
Current:
Android version:13
/e/os version: 2.0-t-20240507399779-dev-dumpling
Not rooted

Since the installation of V2.0 in notice the battery state of charge drops down much faster than before with significant self heating of the phone.
The only way to avoid this I found so far is to switch of mobile data.

• SAMSUNG
  • S7 EDGE
  • SM-G935F
  • Not rooted

Great !
My old phone works far better !
Magic earth freeze resolved :pray: . (freeze since 1.20)
The camera seems to work better as well (no freeze up to now)

Thank you :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Thanks for your reaction.
I tried the steps you suggested, the moment I clear the storage of the Bliss launcher the bar at the bottom of the screen starts flickering/ flashing.
I choose for the Discreet Launcher to be default, even tried to restart immediatly after clearing the storage of Bliss

I may have posted too soon. This aggressive app unloading is happening again. Sometimes I can listen to a netcast in the background via Antenna Pod while browsing and something it just stops. I’ve tried ulocking BitWarden, double tapping on the square button switching to Firefox, then double tapping square right away and I have to re-enter the master password which would indicate that the app was unloaded.

I noticed this issue especially in landscape mode.

I’m having the same problem on the same device. I guess the solution is to do a manual update as described in nanabanaman’s post?

Anyway, I’m happy to have found this forum with a possible solution. I also tried updating several times and hope I can finally get this version 2.0 to work soon. :slight_smile:

Gigaset
GS290
2.0-s-20240514401452-stable-GS290
Not rooted

OTA installation went fine. Everything works well. Thank you very much! Suberb work!

Vendor Name: Fairphone
Device name: Fairphone 4
Device CodeName: FP4
Previous Version of /e/OS: 1.21-s (stable)
Rooted: No

The update went fine. I have unfortunately noticed three issues, after a week of use:

1. Unstable WiFi connection: When connected to my WiFi, I often lose connectivity. The OS shows that I am still connected to my WiFi access point. However, I cannot load pages on my browser, and I cannot send or receive messages on WhatsApp. If I disable WiFi and use mobile data, everything works again.

2. Buggy GPS: My position on Maps is several kilometers off from my actual location, and after a while, it becomes more accurate. This happens several times a day. I did not have this issue with version 1.

3. Cropped icons: In gesture mode, if I remove the navigation bar, the top of the four icons is cropped. The icons are displayed correctly if I put the navigation bar back.

Thanks to the team!

1 Like

Pixel 7 Pro = works well
Pixel 4a 5G = works well

Thanks for the /e/OS Team

2 Likes

The button for taking photos is missing on the camera or am I doing something wrong? redfin

Murena FP5 V2.0
the soft reboot is still there, but has changed. The Murena logo doesn’t come up every time, but sometimes the lock screen and pin entry appear immediately. It is still not possible to define when it occurs - it has already happened during a phone call.

Hello, update to v2.0 work well for Pixel 4a 5G ?
How do you do it ?
Thanks

Vendor Name: Goodle
Device name: Pixel 4a
Device CodeName: sunfish
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: v1.21-r-20240323388914-stable-sunfish
Is the device Rooted: no

I am not able to update to v2.0

I have downloaded the update from the “Settings > System updates” multiple time. I rebooted the phone and it does not matter what I choose in the fastboot:

• start
  • Recovery
    I always end up in the old v1.21.

System > About phone > Android 11

I added multiple screenshots to show the problem, but can not add them to the post as I get the following error: “An error occurred: Sorry, new users can only put one embedded media item in a post.”

So here are the steps which i have gone through multiple times already:

• I apply the update from “System > System updates”
  • reboot the phone after installation
  • get in fastboot: it does not matter if i choose: “start” | “recovery mode” I alway land in the same /e/os v1.21 as before the update

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Regards
stash

3 Likes