Feedback for v2.0

Vendor Name: Murena
Device name: FP4
Device CodeName: FP4
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: e/OS 1.21-s stable
Not Rooted

Timelapse recordings can not be played back. Neither with the stock media player nor with VLC. The video opens but doesn’t play back. Not sure if that was an issue before v2.0 or not tough.

1 Like
  • Samsung
  • Galaxy S7
  • herolte
  • 1.21-r to 2.0-r
  • not rooted

I’m using lawnchair and it’s probably saving my life. I went back to bliss to see the difference. I’m having troubles with the icons, camera and pdf app icons didn’t change in the launcher. However, there shown in the app section of the system settings. Talking about that, the section icons in the system settings are still the same, yet i have seen that the update section icon changed.
Another problem come from the fact that the styles doesn’t apply. My icons are all straight squares with rounded angles, whereas i asked for curvy squares… Not really handy :confused: I did reboot but nothing changed…

1 Like

You are on r and the new bliss launcher v3 only applies to s or t.

1 Like

I tried this two times, it did not work…

1 Like

Indeed purchased apps can be accessed too, nice!:sunglasses:

1 Like

I have to correct myself. I had 1.19 installed. I downloaded and installed 1.20 over recovery and then 1.21 OTA. The upgrade to 2.0 was also done OTA without any issues :blush:

I had shared with the developers the complaints about the 2 button issue raised by users on this thread. The response was 2 buttons is officially removed by AOSP, it is lineage that is reverting and bringing it back. The thinking on the /e/OS dev team side is also to remove it.

2 Likes

@bjoern52 did you uninstall bliss launcher? I found this issue on the gitlab: https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/backlog/-/issues/7974

2 Likes

Samsung S9+, star2lte, 2.0-r, microg keeps crashing in n the background. All permission seem to be granted.

Vendor: Murena
Device: Teracube 2E
Code Name: Emerald
Version of /e/OS previously: 1.21.1 stable
The device is: Not rooted

The extra LTE icons on the status bar are gone, thank you.
I use the KISS launcher and the bliss weather appeared on my list of programs. Could not get it to work, I inputted a town location and then a Lat/Lon but there was no joy. I deleted icon from my list. I’ve been using the SECUSO Privacy Friendly Meteo which works very well. Everything else seems to operate correctly.

Yes, I did, some two years ago. Thanks for the hint, I will try to reinstall it and report what happens.

Even after resetting MicroG it keeps crashing. I do not think that this is a problem of permissions or misconfiguration.

Okay I did found something that doesn’t work… the release notes mention that Android Auto support ‘has arrived’ but I think it quickly hightailed out of there too because no dice. I connected the phone to my car (where my Samsung happily worked with Android Auto) and the phone gives me a popup that ‘no compatible android auto apps could be found’ and refers me to a website about Android 14.

Not a huge deal for me, but inconsistent with the release notes.

Hello,

thanks for the link, even if it is quite old it is working and the file is downlodable.
Yeah, as you pointed, the launcher is an old version, recalling me the old pixel launcher.
But it is doing its job and it has also nice features.
If someone is looking for a working alternative to bliss, able to run even on e os t and lower version, i recommend to give it a chance.

1 Like

Vendor : Google
Device : Pixel 4a
Code name : Sunfish
Version of /e/OS : 1.21-r-20240323388914-stable-sunfish

the update fails, the process loops and my device finally reboots on version 1.21, after displaying a screen :

Fastboot Mode (written in red)
Device state : unlocked (written in red)
Boot slot : a
Enter reason : reload bootloader

Thanks for helping me !

2 Likes

At which part does it fail? Can you explain ‘process loops’ a bit more?

Vendor: Fairphone
Device: Fairphone 3+
Device codename: FP3+
Previous version: 1.21
Device is not rooted

The update went smoothly, and I can’t see any major problems. The only thing I’ve noticed is that the wallpaper thumbnails in the settings don’t seem to match the actual (new) wallpapers in many cases. Could this be a cache-related issue or something similar?

1. settings/wallpaper app (old):

2. actual wallpaper (new):

2 Likes

No problem.

It’s very simple & old, yes :slight_smile:

For more polished functionality and look, Lawnchair is preferable (though just have to change the default search in case of privacy concern).

When I press “Apply update” (in Paramètres > Mises à jour du système) every phase seems to be fine : download, preparation, finalisation of the package installation…
But 10-15 min later, when I press “Restart”, at the reboot, after the Google logo, I have this screen “FastBoot Mode”, and I can select few options : Start, PowerOff, BarCode, Rescue Mode, Recovery Mode, Restart bootloader. And when I choose start, my phone boots and… I’m still on version 1.21
Tried it five or six times now.

1 Like

After 2 other update attempts, I’m back to version 1.21. It’s not a problem, it runs fine and I can wait for v2.0 to work for my OnePlus 7T :wink: