Feedback for v2.1

Since version upgrade from 2.0 (Android 12 S) to 2.1 (Android 13 T) crashes and reboots happen. Sometimes complete eOS restarts but without displaying the initial fairphone screen. Signal app crashes when opening a received message. Maybe eOS crashes when receiving a whatsapp message (not sure if this is the reason).

• Vendor Name : Fairphone
  • Device name : Fairphone 5
  • Device CodeName : FP5
  • Version of /e/OS : 2.1-t - stable
  • Previous version of /e/OS: 2.0-s - stable
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted : Not rooted

I had a lot of issues with the camera after upgrading to 2.1-t. No picture saved or corrupted image. Clearing the camera app. data and cache solved the issue.

1 Like
  • Vendor Name : Fairphone
  • Device name : model 3
  • Device CodeName FP3
  • Previous Version of /e/OS : 2.0
  • Not rooted

No trouble whatsoever save the, now classical, Citymapper app that for a couple of years has been starting but freezing itself (only itself) seconds after its welcome screen… I remember it working on /e/ but that was long, long ago really…

Apps optimization after update was very long (but I have lots)

Vendor Name : Fairphone
Device name : Fairphone 4
Device Code Name : FP4
Version of /e/OS : 2.1-t - stable
Previous version of /e/OS: 2.0-s - stable
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted : rooted

problem with Wifi: when clicking to connect on a specific wifi the phone restarts
click on “Networks needs to be verified” and it restarts
I’ll go back to 2.0

Update: Finally, it’s specific to a certain Wifi network… not sure why. now working with another Wifi network.

Hello -
Great update from 2.0 to 2.1 and R to S with a Samsung S9 (starlte). Huge thanks to /e/ team.
It went smooth and nothing to complain so far except minor android changes… BUT I suspect a noticeable battery drain compared to 2.0/R. Now clearly “OS Android” is the top battery user.
To be monitored…

Vendor Name : Samsung
Device name : S9
Device CodeName : starlte
Version of /e/OS : 2.1-s - stable
Previous version of /e/OS: 2.0-r - stable
Not rooted

1 Like

Thats definitely not the case with my FP4 but mine is not rooted.
Maybe someone with a rooted FP4 can check ?

To be clear:
after 6h from last full load, with a normal usage, the phone is at 54% battery with:
“OS Android” 19% of use (an android robot black icon)
“Android System” 4% of use (a blue and grey gear icon)

That was absolutely not the case with 2.0 and R … I remember seeing “Android System” but not “OS Android” at all, or it was really low in the consumption list…

Vendor Name: Fairphone
Device Name: Murena FP3
Device Code Name: FP3
Version of /e/os: 2.1r-t (stable, android 13)

Vendor Name: Murena
Device Name: Murena One
Version of /e/os: 2.1-s (stable, android 12)

The upgrade went perfectly well, thank you for the great job you’re doing.

It may help to clean cache of apps that are battery-hungry, did you try that already?

(In case one wants to generally do that after an update: the app cachecleaner could help by automating the process.)

@ obacht:
Hello - thanks for your reply -
So it happens that I did clean almost all caches a few days ago - but thanks for pointing me to that app cachecleaner, this seems pretty useful.

It think in my case it is not specifically an app draining the battery, it is the system itself. When checking the list of battery app usage, now I have that ‘OS Android’ item (black android robot icon) which is eating most of power, but when tapping on it nothing happens (as opposed to other apps, when clicking on it it goes to the app battery menu) - and I can’t recall seing that “OS Android” in the previous android 11 (R) battery usage list - seems to be a change in android 12 (S).
So it seems to me that the system is draining the battery…

1 Like

Vendor Name : Fairphone
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted : not rooted

Since the update, the 2-button gesture navigation doesn’t work (pulling up on the home button is equivalent to tapping on it).

1 Like

Hello! I meant to select “updated and having issues.”
Main one affecting daily function is that every time I open the music app the music restarts.
Loving the new lock screen media player though!

Vendor: Murena
Device name: Fairphone 4
Version: 2.1 (whichever is the most recently provided update)

Second one is not an issue but observation and wondering if this will change or become customizable (I already read somewhere that the system color of the light blue won’t change), but when typing with the keyboard, the space bar is incredibly bright and distracting with each key stroke. It basically looks like a strobe.

General functionality with the new app and overall UI transitions is very glitchy.
Additionally, I have not yet been able to get my hearing aids to connect via bluetooth. The phone registers that they exist, I select the hearing aids one by one, and nothing happens.

I am, however, extremely grateful that Murena exists, puts in so much time and energy, and is community oriented. Thank you for taking the time to try to make things better.

If anyone reads this, is there a way to switch back to the previous version? Still learning these things.
Kind Regards

1 Like

Vendor Name : Samsung
Device name : Samsung Galaxy S9+
Device Code Name : star2lte
Version of /e/OS : 2.1-s - stable

Works fine for the first couple of minutes, but then it crashes and restarts over and over again. Can’t do stuff that takes longer than a few minutes…

Vendor Name : Xiaomi
Device name : Redmi Note 9s
Device Code Name :miatoll
Version of /e/OS : 2.1-t
Previous version of /e/OS: 2.0-t
Works fine. Still SaftyNet can not be passed on T os version. Last SaftyNet pass was on last S version.
FM radio still does not work.
(Radio stations works but no sound)
I am using Kiss launcher but still often get report that Bliss launcher is crashing? No such fault if Bliss launcher is used for now on this 2.1 version.
Everything else seems fine for now.
Problem which seems solved is that cord headset when plugged into phone gets sound. Before on 2.0 for some reason it did not always.
There is no glitches like on 2.0 version. Works more fluent. Generally good job.

1 Like

And maybe I’m silly not seeing it, but are the emojis on the keyboard gone?

Name: Google
Device Name: pixel 7
Device Code Name: panther
Previous version of /e/OS : 2.0-t-dev
Not rooted

No prblem for the update ! It works fine.

BUT

However, I note a shorter battery life. Also, I don’t know how to interpret “Phone IDLE”.

Vendor Name : Murena

After 4 days of testing all apps run without issues. Apps response prompter over v2.0.
Finally I can run the most recent version of OsmAnd app :+1:, previously i was forced to use older versions.

It seems v2.1 uses slightly more energy, even in ‘airplane’ mode. It is not much. Need to follow it for a longer period.

Thank you to all developers & testers of V2.1 and the improvements over previous version. :+1::ok_hand::star_struck:

My degoogled journey started in December 2021, and each version upgrade was an improvement. No regrets to jump on the Murena train :sunglasses::cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Switching back is a new install of the older version, wiping your data.

1 Like

Get used to the other variants, it looks like 2-button will be gone soon.

1 Like

That’s the phone “background” consumption - not related to apps or specific parts of the phone like screen, wireless, etc

Seems a bit high…