Feedback for v2.1

Vendor: Xiaomi
Device name: Redmi Note 10 pro
Device Codename: Sweet
Version of /e/OS: 2.1-t
Previous version of /e/OS: 2.0-t

OTA update, no issue so far, Bliss Launcher seems to works smoother with animations

Vendor Name : Fairphone
Device name : Fairphone FP4
Device CodeName : FP4
Version of /e/OS : 2.1-T - Stable
Previous version of /e/OS: 2.0-S - Stable
device is not rooted

OTA update, no issue so far

• Vendor Name : Fairphone
  • Device name : Fairphone FP4
  • Device CodeName : FP4
  • Version of /e/OS : 2.1-T - Stable
  • Previous version of /e/OS: 2.0-S - Stable
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted : Not rooted

Thanks a lot for this upgrade, it was worth the wait!

According to the release note:

This doesn’t work. Camera can select resolutions above 12MP but pictures taken are 2.8MP!

Just in case you’ve not resolved this yet, when VLC lost access to media on the SD card on my FP3 on upgrading to v2.0t I had to re-enable VLC access to all files in the phone settings menu under: Privacy / Permission manager / Files / ‘See more apps that can access all files’.

2 Likes

Thanks dave, that was of course the solution.

Is the device Rooted / Not rooted : Not rooted

Upgrade went smoothly. :ok_hand:

Indeed, I noticed this too.

1 Like

Vendor Name : Samsung
Device name : S9+
Device CodeName : SM-G965F
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously : 2.0

[Rectification after reading the v2.1-s Release Note]
Everything is ok with this v2 first update.
I now I can benefit from the new v2 icons :+1:
And the Android 12 Upgrade :tada: !

Is the device Rooted / Not rooted : Not rooted

The upgrade went perfectly well, thank you for the great job you're doing.

Now that I'm on Android 13, I've followed the procedure for installing Android Auto ( https://doc.e.foundation/support-topics/android-auto#install-required-applications ) but unfortunately it doesn't work...
1 Like

KO for my Pixel5 (purchased in /e/-shop) not rooted.
It was upgraded with 2.1-t stable release (updated from 2.0 to 2.1 (2.1-t-20240603406607-stable-redfin) with e_redfin-user 13 TQ3A.230901.001 eng.root.20240603.185826).

To be noted : upgrade to e-2.1-t-stable locked at “reboot preparation” at 50% during 40mn for a total time about 1h30.
Also, 2 reboots were needed before internet access can work correctly (wifi or data).

The camera pbm (described here or there ) is still here : when I take a picture with lens1 the final picture is blurry when I’m in “manual” mode.

also the Seek (iNalturalist) app cannot find any position (Wifi and/or Data on).

The only good point seems that the system seems to be lighter than before.

Hello,
updated today on 2.1 – has no Wifi (if I swith Wifi on,it swithes immediately off again; had this problem also with MOTO G5 e/os 1.21 in the past), so don’t update on this version, wait for next update.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/OS the deGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Update after 24h:
I hoped 13/T would be the solution for my big battery life problem but I am endless disappointed.
Nothing better, still worse. With V2.0 little bit more worse.

Vendor must not be named :slight_smile:
Device name: Pixel 4a
Device CodeName: sunfish
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: Android 13 / T (stock rom)
Rooted?: NO

… flawless… :+1:

Same for me:
FP4, previous OS v. 2.0 A12 stable, not rooted.

Until on A12 I used as camera app also FP4 stock camera but witout be able to use 48MP. Now that stock app doesn’t work anymore but I tried with the eOS camera app: same behaviohr as MMaTT88.

1 Like
Vendor: Fairphone
Device: Fairphone 4
Device CodeName: FP4

To be honest, I am not sure about the rest. It was on 2.0 before. I am just doing the standard thing. Since the update today, after unlocking, I shortly see the background screen and then a black screen. I can’t do much. Notifications are received, I see App Lounge updating some apps, but I don’t know what to do.

Update: After two restarts and a bit of random button pressing, it seems to have resolved itself :slight_smile:

@cehuisken - Warning: Moto G5 cedric: do not update to 1.21r - #6 by tcecyk still that file missing in a “montana” as in “cedric”?

Hi,

after the Update to 2.1-t (Android 13) my Fossil Smartwachtes App no longer works. All cached data was deleted and I cannot reconnect my two watches. Bluetooth connects, but the setup cannot finish. There is always a “network connection error”, although every other app works.

I tried switching off Advanced Privacy thinking that it maybe blocked the connection to the Fossil servers, but that did not solve it.

Any ideas?

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/OS the deGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

1 Like

Samsung
Galaxy S7
SM-G930F
Version 2.0 R Stable-herolte
Not rooted
Hello,
The update to version 2.1 went without issue. It has been running without issue for four days now.
I hope my phone holds out, materially speaking, as long as e/os can be updated!
Thanks to the whole team.
Claudiousse

2 Likes

Vendor Name: Fairphone
Device name: Fairphone 5
Device CodeName: FP5
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: v.2.0 stable
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Not rooted

(Device bought via Murena.com)

Despite patchnotes regarding solved issue with crashing Bliss launcher forcing to see boot logo animation, this issue is still present and occurs when display is set to 90hz.

Within the first day I got two crashes, one using Bliss Launcher and the other using Discreet launcher. Switching to 60hz seems to not cause crashes.

Vendor Name: Fairphone
Device: Fairphone 4
Device: FP4
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: v2.0 stable
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Not rooted

Have found the same issue as another user in his thread: Fairphone 4 some (USB-C?) chargers do not work
one side of the USB-C Charger does not fast-charge while the other side does. It does sometimes switch as well. May have been present in v.2 but was not (for me) present in 1.19.1

Vendor Name: Xiaomi
Device name: Mi 10T Pro
Device CodeName: Apollon
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 2.0
Is the device: Not rooted

The update itself went smoothly. But beginning with /e/OS 2.0 I realize a heavy battery drain of “App Lounge” when apps are updated. The download percentage indicator goes up to 100% for the first updatable app and then stays like this for around 15 to 30 minutes. No “installing” indicator vor anything else comes up. Sometimes after around 30 minutes App Lounge sends the notification that n apps have been updated, sometimes a phone reboot is needed. During this time the phone gets warm and the battery drains rapidly about 20-30% within minutes (pls. See Screenshot).

I’ve already cleared the cache and storage of App Lounge with no difference.

Besides this /e/OS doesn’t handle self installed trusted CAs correct for 3rd party apps. Apps like Homeassistant or Firefox browser don’t trust theses self installed CAs while the internal browser does. I’ve checked with LineageOS and LineageOS with microG where these CAs are trusted in 3rd party apps. So it doesn’t seem to be the apps itself nor the CA certificates.