Feedback for v2.4.1

Normally we complete all the builds and then open up the release for all users. This time for v2.4.1, due to the outage and resulting delays,we started the release after a few initial devices were built. Some builds are still running and we will be publishing them as and when they complete.

• We will release 100% of the device builds by 14 October.

Almost the entire team is working on some part of the outage mitigation process. End of day we will update the ETA and share more details.

7 Likes

If you don’t mind, you might want to make a screenshot (hold power + volume down) or two of the settings as well as where you later find the additional camera app (what it looks like) and post them here. :slight_smile: You would be helping others, it’s not like you’re the first one wondering … :wink:

1 Like

The updates should be visible in the release note now

2 Likes

This is how the Icon looks like, you find the app beside the old camera icon, which has a red dot in the upper right corner (press and hold the icon an select the info icon, on the bottom you find the info foundation.e.camera - the Fairphone camera has the info com.fp5.camera):
Icon
Settings=> Apps:

Fairphone Camera:
Screenshot_20241011-Erweiterte Einstellungen

Regards
Fritz

5 Likes

Hello @Manoj

No update Aavailable for pixel 7 panther

Best regards

TMT

Vendor Name: Oneplus

Device Name: 7 Pro

Code Name: guacamole

Version of /e/OS which existed previously: e-2.4-t-20240925436899-community-guacamole

Device Not rooted

Device work very well. :slight_smile: many thanks to the developer team for the update. :ok_hand: :+1:

Google
Pixel 5
redfin
2.4-t
Not rooted

Version info button leads to 4.2 and there the android security patch level date is wrong (August instead of September)

Device Name: Fairphone 4
Code Name: FP4
Version of /e/OS which existed previously: 2.4 stable
Device Not rooted

Everything’s fine for me and my spouse’s FP4

Also I updated my daughter’s device:

Gigaset GS290
Device Not rooted

All is good!

Thank you!

Device Name: Fairphone 4
Code Name: FP4
Device Not rooted

All fine with the update here.
I just noticed that the bottom screen “launch bar” was smaller in height on 2.4.0 (which I liked) and it got back to what I’ve had before 2.4.0. Perhaps there is an option for that somewhere?

Thanks

Will ask the team to check.

Update from the team:

For 2.4.1:

• T security patches from September
  • S security patches from August
2 Likes

You can download the 2.4.1 .zip file on your phone web page then copy it on your phone memory, then in the recovery screen that you are showing, select apply update and then select the .zip file

The info about preventing a mismatch between versions on devices is the first logical explanation I’ve read of why there is the necessity of this version 2.4.1, which doesn’t contain any changes, but is still needed.
Can you further elaborate on that? Does this only concern devices with rollback prevention like FairPhone, or others as well?

3 Likes

Pixel 4a - sunfish
before: 2.4-t-20240925436899-community-sunfish
now: 2.4.1-t-20241011439852-community-sunfish
not rooted

all fine from what I see so far, just like before

• Vendor Name: Xiaomi
  • Device name: Redmi 9
  • Device CodeName: lancelot
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 2.4
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Not rooted

Cannot install open source apps in App Lounge

I asked about that. Open source apps are still disabled for the time being App-lounge down? - #10 by obd

App Lounge Open source downloads are broken at present. Team will work on the fix next week,

8 Likes

Thanks, you’re right, I didn’t see that because my -t version leads to the gitlab page of the -s version. No big problem.

• Fairphone
  • Fairphone 3+
  • FP3
  • 2.4-t
  • Not rooted

Since the update (everything worked fine this time, no connection losses) the calendar app icon is missing and name is missing (shown as com.android…).
Besides that, the app seems to work fine (I barely never use it).

Does anybody have the same issue ?

Edit : just noticing icon and name have came back :slightly_smiling_face:

Are you on 2.4 or 2.4.1?

I am on 2.4.1 with the same parameters except for that you might want to specifiy if you are on the official (previously stable) or the community (previously dev) version. My Contacts Calendar app is listed on the home screen normally (both icon and labeling).

While there is no code diference between the two, I would still recommend you upgrade to 2.4.1 first if you haven’t already done so.

• Vendor Name: Xiaomi
  • Device name: Mi 9 lite
  • Device CodeName: Pyxis
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 2.4.0
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Not rooted

Good as 2.4 beside known issues with murena servers.
However, contradictory, if not using Bliss launcher , Bliss launcher still fails sometimes. This causes problems to some app which works at that time like back gesture which stops working in app. I would like to use KISS or Lawnchair launcher but Bliss does not allow this really. This Bliss failures if not using Bliss are annoying. Still, thanks , small price to pay to get rid of google.