Feedback for v2.4.1

Release Information

Please share feedback on v2.4.1 build for your device and let us know how it is working with applications that you use.

• The release will be staggered over the next couple of days starting from Oct 10 to Oct 14 .
  • The release notes will show up here once we initiate the release
  • To report issues with the build or applications raise an issue on gitlab

This release is being made specifically to address the outage we faced post release of v2.4. Some devices may not have received the v 2.4 release.

There is no code change between v2.4 and v2.4.1, but all are required to update their device to v2.4.1 when the build comes to their device.This release is to avoid a mismatch between versions on devices.

Feedback poll

We will also have a poll to rate this build.

• I have updated to v2.4.1 on my device and it is working well
  • I updated to v2.4.1 but I am having issues (Please share the issue details on this thread)
  • I am not able to update to v2.4.1 (Please share the issue details on this thread)
0 voters

Add this info to your feedback

When sharing your feedback or issues, Please add the following details

• Vendor Name
  • Device name
  • Device CodeName
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted

Refer this table for vendor, codename details

Refer this guide to share more details in your feedback

:warning: Do not share test build information

• This thread has been created specifically for posting information on official /e/OS builds.

• To understand the difference between build types refer this guide

• Please do not post information or links to /e/OS test builds on the forum.

• The test builds are as yet untested and under development, and may in some cases cause user devices to soft brick.

• Such information can confuse other users who do not see these builds in the updater.

• Remember not all users who come to this forum are experts in installing and formatting custom ROMs and can end up seriously damaging their devices by trying out these test builds

• If you are genuinely interested in helping with the testing activities and also understand how to fix and do some minor level of testing on custom ROMS, you are welcome to join the testing team

• As part of the testing team you can share your comments on the dedicated testing telegram channel.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/OS the deGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

4 Likes

Vendor Name: Xiaomi

Device Name: Redmi K20 / Mi 9T

Code Name: davinci

Version of /e/OS which existed previously: e-2.4–community-davinci…

Device Not rooted

everything works super, many thanks to the team for the update. I still like e/os and stay with you. :ok_hand: :+1: :slight_smile:

Vendor: Fairphone

Device: Murena Fairphone 5

Code name: ?

Version of /e/os: 2.4

Rooted: ?

I’m new and learning the termanology. No 2.4.1 available yet.

My biggest noticable problems are:

1. My passwords saved in the Spot password manager are all gone with no option to save new ones.
  2. No access to my Murena account.

God Speed

Vendor Name: Fairphone

Device Name: Fairphone 4

Code Name: FP4

Version of /e/OS which existed previously: 2.4 stable

Device Not rooted

All seems well so far.

1 Like
  • Vendor Name: Google
  • Device name: Pixel 6a
  • Device CodeName: bluejay
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 2.4-T-community
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Not rooed

Everything’s fine.

Fairphone | FP3+ | FP3 | previously on /e/OS 2.4-t-20240925436899-community-FP3 | not rooted

v2.4.1 is now available for all the FP3, FP4, FP5 in both the community (also/previously called dev) and the official (also/previously called stable) version.

You can always check availability of FAIRPHONE /e/OS updates here

There was an error message during installation, I think the dialer app had “repeatedly” crashed in the background (I forgot to properly read the message before closing it, but the word “DIALER” featured in it).

One super-tiny detail that could be rectified some time in the future is the double “Pause Pause” in the status bar notification during the update download (lower half of the screenshot):

1 Like

Samsung - Galaxy S7 (SM-G930F) - herolte
before: 2.4-s-20240924436897-official-herolte
now: 2.4.1-s-20241008439849-official-herolte
Not Rooted

just like before, all fine

2 Likes

Vendor Name : Murena
Device name : Murena One
Device CodeName : Murena
Version of /e/OS : 2.3-s
Rooted : No

No issues detected, everything OK

• Vendor Name: Motorola
  • Device name: g32
  • Device CodeName: devon
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 2.4.0 -T-community
  • Is the device Rooted : Yes

Seems to be working as expected. No issues found.

The download of the update seemed quicker than previous updates. It took 1 min to download.

Device Name: Fairphone 4

Code Name: FP4

Device Not rooted

Nice quick download compared to 2.4! Battery life on 2.3 was much less than 2.2 and previous versions but has returned to what it was with 2.4. Thanks for that.

Device Name: Fairphone 5

Code Name: FP5

Device is rooted

Everything runs smoothly until now. :slight_smile:

• Vendor Name: Fairphone
  • Device name: Fairphone 5
  • Device CodeName:
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: /e/OS 2.3t
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Not rooted

The update worked fine, no issues yet, so far as I can tell.

Just my camera app on the Fairphone 5 looks to me like it looked ever, no changes, even after a reboot. What is this “you just need to enable one setting and reboot your phone”, mentioned in the release notes? Which setting? Is it a secret? :wink:

The issue with downloads of the builds should be resolved now. Pl check and let me know if any build download is still failing.

5 Likes

Vendor Name: Murena
Device name: Fairphone 5
Device CodeName: FP5
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 2.4-t-stable-FP5
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: not rooted

Today:
13:17 Beginn download, less then 2 Minutes for download of the 1,5 GB :+1:
13:35:00 Reboot
13:35:40 Finished installation
Regards
Fritz

Vendor Name : Samsung
Device name : S7
Device CodeName : SM-G930F
Version of /e/OS before update : 2.3-s-20240816426374-stable-herolte
Is the device Rooted : Not rooted

I tried again but it failed at reboot with error:

Could not find instance 'default' in library android.hardware.health@2.0-impldefault.so. Keeping library open.
Error opening trace file: No such file or directory

and there is also:
failed to verify whole-file signature

Does someone know how to fix the problem ?

v 2.4.1 for sunfish is missing

When Murena made the Fairphone camera app available for the FP4, they added the specific Settings (Settings > Apps > Fairphone Camera) here: v2.2-t · e / os / 🚀 Releases · GitLab, might be the same for FP5 now.

@Manoj perhaps you could check if it’s the same settings for FP4 and FP5, and if yes, have it added to v2.4-t · e / os / 🚀 Releases · GitLab, too.

UPDATE: Done now :+1: Feedback for v2.4.1 - #23 by Manoj

2 Likes

The builds that are not showing up have not being built as yet. There are about 150+ devices and the build servers are still running. We will publish builds as and when they complete the build process.

4 Likes

now I see how your post was meant … for me it implied all builds were long ready and that made me wonder anyways :slight_smile:

Ah, there it is. I had never noticed that! :laughing:

Very nice! :camera: Thank you!

1 Like