Hello. I just updated to v4.2-a16 on my Fairphone 6 and my file transfer function is grayed out and doesn’t let me transfer music to my phone anymore. That’s really unfortunate. I’m not sure what to do about this yet except try to upload to a cloud and download to my phone through the cloud.
Hi Marcel,
for data transfers I would prefer LocalSend. Cross-platform, open source, lightning-fast and trouble free
.
I have an issue with phone calls on my shiftphone 8.1. There is no audio at all. If i connect my Bluetooth speakers everything works finde.
Well, I use Proton VPN and Proton Mail, both work fine on /e/ ver.4.2
What You need to check is your settings regarding ‘always on’ option etc.
But nothing changed after I made an upgrade to 4.2 - all good. Have You done anything else but the update?
Update went fine on Teracube 2e emerald, it’s still early to say if everything works fine but at least wifi and network work and nothing stands out as not working.
Teracube 2e (2021), upgrade from A15 to A16.
Resolved sluggish animations, laggy touch response, and Bluetooth audio playback issues I was experiencing with A15.
Big thank you to the dev team for continuing to support this device!
Only issue I’ve found so far is that the Recents long press action now fails to trigger. Other navigation button actions are working as expected.
Yes, nothing changed - at least not deliberately or on purpose - after the upgrade.
Also…battery is set to unlimited for both apps.
Hmmm…i will wait and see.
Thanks anyways!
Just an edge case idea really, if there has been tweaking within /e/OS in the area of IPv4 vs IPv6 together with potential changes WPA2 vs WPA3, it is possible that some routers become “confused”.
Some (probably mostly older) routers can benefit from a per device reset if Admin access is easy or just router power on and off for others.
Toggle airplane mode on and off. WiFi connection works for a few mins. Then stops. Seemed to be IPv6 handling.
Same with Garmin Connect, some email accounts but not others in Thunderbird, some images in newspaper apps…
Toggle airplane mode on and off resolves for a short while.
- Vendor Name - Fairphone
- Device name - Fairphone 5
- Device CodeName - FP5
- Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously - 4.1.1 A15
- Is the device Rooted / Not rooted - not rooted
It looks like the update broke the wifi-connectivity to my Fritz!box 5590 which is capable of accapting WPA3 and WPA2 connections.
Resetting the wifi-bluetooth settings did not resolve the issue.
Using wifi from a hotspot from another smartphone still works however.
A bit strange. V.4.0 could only use WPA2 but not WPA3. For me getting v. 4.1.1 resolved the issue and no problems on v.4.2 ![]()
Hotspot usually works on WPA2, so check what your router has as a default? Does it give you different profiles? Mine has 3: ‘name’, ‘name’ legacy and ‘name’ BH (the last one is about extenders) where main one uses WPA3 and legacy WPA2. The legacy worked on /e/ ver. 4.0 just like hotspot from another phone.
Have you tried forgetting the wi-fi and reconnecting? Or as aibd suggested maybe toggle off IPv6 in your router set up?
Thanks, I could connect after changing the settings on my Fritz!box to wpa2 only instead of wpa2+3.
After this I have put it back to mixed mode and it seems to hold.
two S9 ,
for both : no issue , easy upgrade , thanks a lot Murena - e/OS ![]()
Samsung Galaxy
Galaxy S9
starlte
previously : 4.1.1 A15 , now 4.2 A15
Not rooted
Vendor Name: Google
Device Name: Pixel 5
Device CodeName: Redfin
Version of /e/OS which existed previously: 4.1 T Official
Is the device Rooted / Not Root
No issues so far.
Thanks for this update!
Vendor Name: Murena
Device Name: google Pixel 5
Device Code Name: Redfin
Previous Version of /e/OS: 4.1 T Official
Is the device Rooted: Not Root
All appears Ok.
Thank you.
After the 4.2 update, the authentication issue is resolved on the GS6.
The double tap dysfunction is still there.
- Vendor Name: Fairphone
- Device name: FP6
- Device CodeName: FP6
- Version of /e/OS: v4.2 (official)
- Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: No
Release notes state:
“Fixed recurring authentication failure notification in Account Manager.”
This is still not solved for me. I still get this message 30 times (or more) per day:
Or is this a completely other issue?
Shared comment with developers. Will get back with the response.
Update: Tester has reproduced this issue as described. Developer has been updated and will be working on a resolution. Will update if I get any more inputs.
I have the same problem with my FP4. The phone ran quite hot, while the 5G signal was weak. And the battery drain was really fast. 15% in 30 minutes Not using the phone.
