First impressions on V.1 - power consuption & battery heat

Same issue here on my FP3+, I can not even listen to music via Bluetooth. As @Sebastien already said the phone is not very usable at the moment… :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

I have more microcuts and stuttering than before when listening to music (Bandcamp app), be it via Bluetooth or with an USB soundcard, as if the phone was struggling from a computational point of view.

Also had issues when trying to charge while turned off (no reaction, and then could not boot until I removed the battery for a while), but maybe a bit off-topic; I may create a dedicated topic for details on that when I have the time and motivation.

Hello.
Same like the others FP3.

1- On/OFF button and ddisplay delay, 2sec, before it was instantaneous.
2- Lack of sync with account manager.

Good day everyone.
Blaise.

1 Like

This morning I tried to remove data and cache of bliss launcher. Since that, it seems to be better. My phone is very slow but the phone is usable !

Same here with 1.0 on Fairphone 3+ with preinstalled /e/OS. Up to version 0.23 the “lock / unlock” button used to work instantaneous. Now it usually takes about 1.2 seconds until it the screen switches on.

1 Like

Same issue here with v1 on samsung S9.
Lost about 60% during the night with airplane mode with battery sabing and data consumption saving on. Normally during the night with this configuration i used to lost about 5% max.

I had said earlier that my battery is unchanged, but it seems that I’m getting a little better battery life now.

@legrec14

Like you said after a reboot (not turn off and turn on but just reboot) it’s seems back to normal :

On this screen capt, i’m not in airplane mode nor batterry opt nor data opt

1 Like

I seem to have no battery or heat problems on my Fairphone 4

I’m using a motorola channel and my battery is unchanged

My moto g7 play channel not recongized any more by my computer, help what can I do?

sorry bad cable , everything works :grinning:

No problems with the battery of my FP3+ here, but since the V1 is install, I can’t use magic earth, the location is down…even if advanced privacy is off

@kewinn I am in the process of retraining Maps. I know it relies on more than pure GPS, so I will be out and about for 24 hours, getting on a bus with wifi, and generally switching networks – I expect it to be resolved within 24 hours!

Battery on the Teracube emerald doesn’t seem to have any battery issues with 1.0.
With new ROMs or major updates I give ROMs a chance to settle first before passing judgement. A battery cycle or two.
Once this initial cycle is complete I’ll compare the next with how the phone behaved with the previous build.

Battery in general was quite good so I hope 1.0 does just as well.

1 Like

I don’t quite get this whole business of “retraining” that application. :thinking:

By the way, that got me worried ’cause I have an FP3+ as well, so I put my phone on my windowsill with Caffeine ON and tried to schedule a random navigation path; seemed to work well.

v1.0 or not, I often need some time to get my location, though, especially if I haven’t used GPS for a while and stuff needs to get downloaded from satellites and whatnot. If I’m on vacation and spam GPS several time a day, it gets better. Maybe that’s what aibd meant by “retraining”? Did not seem necessary after my 1.0 update though.

I am sorry – this is my own lightweight made-up-expression. We know that Maps relies on more than pure GPS to put you on the map.

There is an online “backend” for sure, and I believe Maps relies on other pieces to replace Google’s very thorough networking.

My experience after something like a factory reset is that the Map does not update if I watch it but I think it has always been fine on day 2.

Maps will no doubt make use of the location backends included with /e/ (microG). Only one or two though (Mozilla and Nominatum). I usually add a couple like GSM Location Service (not the old 2014 one) and WiFi Location Service.
Maps immediately points to my house/location.

Forgot to mention. Deja Vu is also a good backend.

1 Like

D’you mean the “Wi-Fi scanning” feature alongside the “Bluetooth scanning” one? I only see those (and app permissions) in settings. Dunno about the GSM one.
Oh, in MicroG settings, there are the two location backend thingies you mentioned.

Oh, sorry. They are available from F-Droid.

Oh nice, thanks.
The Wi-Fi-dedicated ones seem kinda old though (and are they useful, since there’s already “Wi-Fi scanning” in the native Location settings?). Maybe I’ll try a while with just the GSM thingy.
But I feel like we’re hijacking that topic :sweat_smile: even though it’s pretty sweet information.