First impressions on V.1 - power consuption & battery heat

No issues noted with my Sony.

Murena preinstalled FP4 here, no Problems noted so far.

FP4 with eOS installed aftermarket: seems no problem with the battery on v. 1, updated yesterday, only an automatic reboot today when I was reading this forum that I can’t explain. For now, I don’t have activated AP.

Hi all, exactly the same problem on my FP3… The smartphone is not very usable :confused:

2 Likes

I am not on v1.0 but I experienced that I could reduce the power consumption after I disabled the push notifications in MicroG for all apps which are not necessary. Like LinkedIn. In the most cases the notifcations have been annoying anyway. So I saved energy and my nerves.

1 Like

Hi there, thanks a lot for all your replies on this topic!

It helps not feeling alone with problems!

It looks better for me today and I also want to share it with you… Please find below what I wanted to add to my first post, to synthetise our shared experiences, but I encounred a bug on the forum while trying to edit my previous post.

PS = thank you also @Manoj for the creation of a gitlab issue, I will try to contribute on sharing my experience through it during next WE.

EDIT 02/06/2022 : after a reboot of my phone yesterday evening, and a full battery charge during the night, the battery consumption is very reasonable again :slight_smile:

I’ll keep you updated of my experience, but please try a reboot like I do, it’s free and easy !

Screenshot just before I wrote this topic (while encountering the problem) :

With more details

Screenshot after a return-to-normal use today (after just a reboot and a complete charge) :

With more details

Resumee of all answers by 02/06/2022 at 22:45 pm (UTC+2)

User Name Device Battery drain ? Comments Advanced Privacy Ecloud
legrec14 Samsung S9 Yes Seems fixed after a reboot Yes then No No
cad-forge Fairphone 3 Yes Yes Yes
Dave1 Pixel No
Hymix Poco X3 Pro No
Shakatus Fairphone 4 No
petitevielle Samsung S9+ Yes Other performance problems
Cyberponcho Samsung S8 No
Jayky Fairphone 3+ No Other performance problems
alice_m Fairphone 3+ No Other performance problems No No
GillesMcFly Fairphone 3+ No Other performance problems
Polli Samsung S9+ Yes No
benjig Fairphone 3 Yes No
Jonte Samsung S9 Yes No
Silicio Fairphone 3+ Yes Yes then No No
Taurus Sony No
winkman Fairphone 4 No
jobal Fairphone 4 No
Sebastien Fairphone 3 Yes
4 Likes

Nice table, put me in as well :smile:.
FP3+; no drain; no other performance problems; AP blocks trackers, but no loc or IP; no /e/-cloud, but self hosted Nextcloud

1 Like

I would suggest users add their comments on this issue in the Gitlab
The developers can then interact with you and get further inputs where required.

3 Likes

Moto g7 xt1965t lake battery drain quicker than before after installing v1.0

Battery drains to zero in about five hours after fully charged last night. Had listened a podcast for half an hour but still, nearly no use at all.

Advanced privacy was on and I was sleeping. Now I’m late for work.

Samsung S9.

1 Like

The person from the German forum said, that it is the following file that is read again and again and causing the issue:
/data/data/foundation.e.drive/no_backup/androidx.work.workdb

Confirming what others have said about FP3+ - no issues with battery, but UI seems sluggish and noticeably slow to wake up from pressing power button.

Same issue here on my FP3+, I can not even listen to music via Bluetooth. As @Sebastien already said the phone is not very usable at the moment… :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

I have more microcuts and stuttering than before when listening to music (Bandcamp app), be it via Bluetooth or with an USB soundcard, as if the phone was struggling from a computational point of view.

Also had issues when trying to charge while turned off (no reaction, and then could not boot until I removed the battery for a while), but maybe a bit off-topic; I may create a dedicated topic for details on that when I have the time and motivation.

Hello.
Same like the others FP3.

1- On/OFF button and ddisplay delay, 2sec, before it was instantaneous.
2- Lack of sync with account manager.

Good day everyone.
Blaise.

1 Like

This morning I tried to remove data and cache of bliss launcher. Since that, it seems to be better. My phone is very slow but the phone is usable !

Same here with 1.0 on Fairphone 3+ with preinstalled /e/OS. Up to version 0.23 the “lock / unlock” button used to work instantaneous. Now it usually takes about 1.2 seconds until it the screen switches on.

1 Like

Same issue here with v1 on samsung S9.
Lost about 60% during the night with airplane mode with battery sabing and data consumption saving on. Normally during the night with this configuration i used to lost about 5% max.

I had said earlier that my battery is unchanged, but it seems that I’m getting a little better battery life now.

@legrec14

Like you said after a reboot (not turn off and turn on but just reboot) it’s seems back to normal :

On this screen capt, i’m not in airplane mode nor batterry opt nor data opt

1 Like