First impressions on V.1 - power consuption & battery heat

I seem to have no battery or heat problems on my Fairphone 4

I’m using a motorola channel and my battery is unchanged

My moto g7 play channel not recongized any more by my computer, help what can I do?

sorry bad cable , everything works :grinning:

No problems with the battery of my FP3+ here, but since the V1 is install, I can’t use magic earth, the location is down…even if advanced privacy is off

@kewinn I am in the process of retraining Maps. I know it relies on more than pure GPS, so I will be out and about for 24 hours, getting on a bus with wifi, and generally switching networks – I expect it to be resolved within 24 hours!

Battery on the Teracube emerald doesn’t seem to have any battery issues with 1.0.
With new ROMs or major updates I give ROMs a chance to settle first before passing judgement. A battery cycle or two.
Once this initial cycle is complete I’ll compare the next with how the phone behaved with the previous build.

Battery in general was quite good so I hope 1.0 does just as well.

1 Like

I don’t quite get this whole business of “retraining” that application. :thinking:

By the way, that got me worried ’cause I have an FP3+ as well, so I put my phone on my windowsill with Caffeine ON and tried to schedule a random navigation path; seemed to work well.

v1.0 or not, I often need some time to get my location, though, especially if I haven’t used GPS for a while and stuff needs to get downloaded from satellites and whatnot. If I’m on vacation and spam GPS several time a day, it gets better. Maybe that’s what aibd meant by “retraining”? Did not seem necessary after my 1.0 update though.

I am sorry – this is my own lightweight made-up-expression. We know that Maps relies on more than pure GPS to put you on the map.

There is an online “backend” for sure, and I believe Maps relies on other pieces to replace Google’s very thorough networking.

My experience after something like a factory reset is that the Map does not update if I watch it but I think it has always been fine on day 2.

Maps will no doubt make use of the location backends included with /e/ (microG). Only one or two though (Mozilla and Nominatum). I usually add a couple like GSM Location Service (not the old 2014 one) and WiFi Location Service.
Maps immediately points to my house/location.

Forgot to mention. Deja Vu is also a good backend.

1 Like

D’you mean the “Wi-Fi scanning” feature alongside the “Bluetooth scanning” one? I only see those (and app permissions) in settings. Dunno about the GSM one.
Oh, in MicroG settings, there are the two location backend thingies you mentioned.

Oh, sorry. They are available from F-Droid.

Oh nice, thanks.
The Wi-Fi-dedicated ones seem kinda old though (and are they useful, since there’s already “Wi-Fi scanning” in the native Location settings?). Maybe I’ll try a while with just the GSM thingy.
But I feel like we’re hijacking that topic :sweat_smile: even though it’s pretty sweet information.

After the v1.0 update a strange email alias appeared on the page where weather widget is. There is new widget for my e.account and there is an alias “ne****.ho****@murena.io” (under my email address.WHAT IS THIS? There is option to hide alias.

Also, after installing v1.0, next morning first thing I checked my phone there was visible some source code. Not source code from a browser website. Unfortunately I did’t take screen grab, I just went back with back button, and couldn’t repeat the situation to record it.

Yes it’s a new feature that already exist in the v.0.23 but put in the widget in the v1. It’s a email alias. They communicate a lot about this :sweat_smile:

Hide my email

1 Like

I think I pulled a short straw on this one… my FP3+ is not usable anymore after the upgrade. I have to take the battery out and put back again to make sure I can make a call. The new privacy setup causes the screen to freeze, I can’t use WhatsApp anymore, battery drains very fast. Can the last upgrade be rolled back, fixed and released when workable? Thanks

@Imi1 Gosh, sounds hardcore. :fearful:
I suspect they’re gonna want to know next which phone model you’re using, though. Consider editing your message to add that piece of info.
Dunno if they’ll roll 1.0 back. Firstly because cases as extreme as yours seem rare, secondly because the 1.0 sounded like a huge event. But I guess they can make a nice 1.1 or 1.0.1.

Hi @alice_m . You are right, I forgot the phone model - all done now! Well, let’s see if it’s a rollback or forward… as long as it’s done fast! :racing_car:

I was facing a severe battery drain after installation of v1 on Beryllium (Pocophone F1), but now after a few days the system works as well as under previous versions - without a notable over-consumption.

So, I wonder if all those who notified a battery drain are still facing it.
Please do not hesitate to post a little update.

Hi! Thank you for info! Will check how that works.

Widget has option to “Hide aliases”. This is the only clue to what the strange murena-io -email is. When searching forum with search words “hide aliases” or “email aliases”, it didn’t bring any relevant results. One should have seached “Hide email”. To understand that, one should have been familiar with the concept of “hiding” the email by using the randomly generated email address only for receiving emails. I wasn’t. Big part of OS usability is intuitive user experience, or good documentation. Both would be even better. :grinning:

Upgrade to 1.0 without problems in my fairphone 3+. No battery drain or heat problems. My launcher is discret launcher and the timeout for my screen is set on 30 seconds.