GillesMcFly Fairphone 3+ No Other performance problems
Polli Samsung S9+ Yes No
benjig Fairphone 3 Yes No
Jonte Samsung S9 Yes No
Silicio Fairphone 3+ Yes Yes then No No
Taurus Sony No
winkman Fairphone 4 No
jobal Fairphone 4 No
Sebastien Fairphone 3 Yes Seems better after removing the cache of bliss launcher, But the phone remains slow
ljahn Fairphone 3+ No Yes No
Grh4345 Moto G7 Yes
HekatheGreat Samsung S9 Yes Yes
Nick1 Fairphone 3+ No Other performance problems
asdfgugus Fairphone 3+ Yes Other performance problems
Blaise Fairphone 3 No Other performance problems
0x01 Samsung S7 Yes Think the problem is related to An update of Mozilla VPN 1.4 → 1.5
columcille Fairphone 3+ No Other performance problems
Nicolas_Sas Samsung S9 Yes Seems fixed after a reboot
DeJay Fairphone 4 No
eboelens Moto G7 No
kewinn Fairphone 3+ No Other performance problems No
marcdw Teracube No
Imi1 Fairphone 3+ Yes Other performance problems Yes
ralxx Beryllium Pocophone F1 Yes Problems seems resolved After a few days of use
jhansen63 Fairphone 3+ No

To resume it :

Experience shared 34
Battery drain fast 15
No Battery issue 19
Other performance issue(s) 10
Seems fixed 4

The people that fixed battery issues their faced did :

• reboot the phone (worked for 2 users who tried)
  • remove the cache of the Bliss Laucher (worked for 1 user who tried)
  • nothing? :slight_smile: (seems auto-fixed after a few days of use… maybe also a reboot during those days @Nicolas_Sas ?)

Issues doesn’t seems directly related to “Advanced Privacy” nor Ecloud features, but there is a lack of information collected about it to get conclusions.

Other performance problems described, mostly by Fairphone 3+ users (8 of the 10) are : system slower than before, microcuts while listening to music via bluetooth, delay while locking/unlocking the screen, charging issues (the phone don’t charge). You should maybe create another post + a gitlab issue for it.

I’ll not do another table cause now it seems good and enough for me, but please, if you continue to face problems, the better option is to share your user experience more directly with devolopper through this official /e/ os gitlab issue!

I wish you a nice day, and thanks again for all the shares!

14 Likes

@legrec14 for me the problem of battery drain was fixe thanks to a reboot.

Nice job for the table you create ! :wink:

Hello, huge performance issues on my fp3 with v1.0, similarly to other comments here. I would add that the camera takes 20+ seconds to be operational and that the switch to front camera fails 50 % of time roughly.

After upgrading my Fairphone 3+ to v1.0 the battery life has been drastically reduced. The biggest consumer is the new “Advanced Privacy” functionality as you can see in the screenshot.
Thanks.

Experiencing similar issues with v1.0 on FP3+ (AP is currently off)

The most frustrating issues are:
° Frequent audio stuttering on both bluetooth & wired connections
° Screen is slow to wake when lock button is pressed
° Phone running hotter and battery draining faster than usual
° Camera fails to turn on (just getting black screen in camera app) 20-30% of the time
° Answering incoming calls on Signal will crash the system (have to take the battery out to restart)

Have been happy with all previous versions of this OS but next time I’ll do my research & wait a little before updating as v1 has turned this phone into a lemon :lemon:
Hoping these issues will be patched in the near future :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for putting it together

Hello community,

Thanks for the great summary table. I confirm that the restart is a functional solution for the battery drain problems on the FP3, but it does not seem to persist in time (I’ve already restarted 3 times) and power consumption is still too high regarding initial OS.

Performance are also still not good (Several seconds after any application launch)

On the other hand, I’ve detected this weekend a big bug making the phone unusable: Indeed, this version is completely unstable in roaming: The phone kept crashing while I was abroad (black screen, forced to reboot)

Restarting the phone properly worked for a few hours before the phone crashed again.
No problem when turning off mobile data.

A huge thank to all the team, but it’s true that this major version brings a lot of inconvenience. I will wait wisely until next update :wink:

Btw : The V1.0 release didn’t resolve the problem of automatic rearrangement of all items that occurs randomly on blissLauncher. This is also very frustrating

1 Like

Hi everyone,
I hope you’re well!
I had the same issue on my ASUS_I01WD.
Clearing data and cash of the Bliss Launcher solved this issue, if that can help others. (I don’t know if the data part was mandatory, but it was a good excuse to reorganize my Apps).
Best,
JP

Hi there,

Adding a link to my own report of errors:

I have a FP4 I could run for more than a week with 0.23 using the power saving mode (maybe 5% in 24h). Now with 1.0 it looks like it drains like 20% in 24h just by sitting around (in power saving mode). I can see no particular app consuming power. Will try the reboot remedy now (and report back later).

Hi everyone,
I bought a galaxy S9 on the murena store few month ago (and still very happy about it). Before the V1 I had 2 or 3 of battery. Now it can’t stand a day.
For exemple, I had my phone fully charge before night and the battery was empty on the morning.

A rebbot does not seems to change a thing.

Also, privacy settings are on as the e cloud sync.

I will keep an eye on the forum.

Many thanks

Edit :

My phone goes back to normal battery consuption …
How ?
eeeeeh… I don’t know…

So, my battery was empty two times during the day. When I charged it again I turned off the phone (no heat while charging) … also I turned off the battery manager once, maybe it change something.

Maybe the phone needed to recalculate the battery capacity again. This morning I had 3 hours autonomy and right now I have 1 day and a half of autonomy.

Rebooting obviously helped, excess battery drainage appears to be stopped.

2 Likes

FP3+ issues (“advanced privacy” switched off):
battery drain (seems to be solved after reboot)
camera app not working (solved after reboot)
reboot not working - phone powered off - after that reboot works
phone call interrupted - phone powered off
slow performance with “advanced privacy” on

I experienced very slow internet access with the advanced privacy - ip masquarading turned on, so maybe you could turn that of and see if it helps.
Other than that my FP4 runs well with advaced privacy turned on.

FP3+, Advanced privacy off, Ecloud sync off.

Yesterday evening: used normally, shut down normally.
This morning: no reaction when trying to turn the phone on by holding the power button. Had to remove-and-put-back the battery for things to go back to normal.
This is the second time I experience this since the 1.0 upgrade, and it never occurred before (got the phone with /e/ preinstalled in November 2020).

Edit: Until now I had not tried taking many photos. Today I experienced the “some attempts at running OpenCamera lead to a black preview” issue.

2 Likes

I almost have the same issues on my fp3 classic + camera modules.

• audio stuttering on both wired and bluetooth connection types is one of the most frustrating issues.
  • no internet after flight mode, I always have to reboot
  • Screen touches are lagging → almost permanent micro stuttering
  • system crash on incoming Signal calls
  • Advanced Privacy unusable in shelter, it crashes on start, if turned on the apps inside the container are unusable also.
  • Magic Earth unusable if Advanced Privacy is turned on
  • Mail nearly unsuable if Advanced Privacy is turned on. Authentification problems with Outlook and GMX. My university exchange (Outlook) stopped working entirely,
  • Downloading with Advanced Privacy turned on is like loading with 70 - 165 KB/s most of the time.
  • Tracker Control (from f-droid) app does not work anymore, it says something about OS is not working → tried to substitute Advanced Privacy with TC in Shelter, like before, but it’s not working anymore.

Hi, I update you the situation on my FP3 +.
After a few days the battery consumption has normalized and the phone no longer warms up.
But I noticed the following problems:

• If I reboot the phone almost always does not restart, I have to make it go to safe mode and then restart it there.
    -the camera sometimes doesn’t work, the screen stays black and I have to reboot the phone to make it work
    -I add that for a couple of days “App Lounge”, continues to crash, both in the personal user and in the work one managed by “Insular”.

Update after a few more days on my FP3+, after clearing Bliss Launcher cache and data, and rebooting.

• Battery drain is fine - seems same as pre-update.
  • Waking up when pressing power button remains annoyingly slow.
  • UI is slow and laggy.
  • Scrolling is slow and stutters.
  • Total system crash when trying to answer a WhatsApp voice call yesterday, requiring hard reboot.

All the above with Advanced Privacy turned off completely.

I would say the user experience is significantly degraded since the update.

2 Likes

Same here (FP3). Since the last update (1.0), the phone is very slow (unless I restart, but the slowing comes back after a couple of hours).
I have not noticed battery drain comparing the previous version
I hope a fix soon. I don’t want to reinstall my whole phone.

V.1 installed in a Samsung Galaxy S9 since 24h : I use the Advanced Privacy feature but not the Hide my IP one (as I rather trust my VPN for it).
The phone works very well, no overheat, no battery drain, no slow down.