First install on FP3 android 10

Hello everyone,

I have recently bought a FP3 on the fairphone official website with the /e/ os install in mind.
At this time the FP3 was marked with the easy installer link in the devices list but it was a mistake.
So I didn’t go in the manual install guide.

Then I realize that the OS shipped with the phone is android 10 and there is a warning in the manual guide :

In this case I don’t now if I need to wait for the /e/ OS q stable release version or I can whatever do the install because I don’t upgrade it myself.

To clarify the situation I am a big noob so please be patient with me.
Thanks in advance /e/ community

Hi @AChillElephant the FP3 Q builds from /e/ are being tested. We expect them to be released by next week. The support for FP3 from the easy installer was done by @Ingo_FP_Angel and should also be available by next week.

4 Likes

Thank you for the info Manoj

Is Q installed over OTA?

The first time it has to be a manual update…subsequent builds come OTA. The updater blocks any version updates and the code still has some bugs which needs to be fixed. For example I got this interesting bug when testing on a different device…this was not even an OS upgrade
and also the link goes to the LOS wiki :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok thanks. :slight_smile: 20chars

I bought a FP3 at /e/ last year.

Will there be somewhere in the future a OTA update to Android 10, or am I stuck at android 9 while I don’t want to do a manual update?

It would be nice to have a update information channel for stable builds.