FP3: After Installing Q no updates and no more newsletter-mails from community@e.email

At the end of June I installed 0.17-21210621120946/Android 10 on my FP3. Since then I did not get any update and the newsletter-mails stopped. I suppose there have been security updates and I suppose there have been newsletter-mails since the end of June.
Today the phone showed an information about a new update. Looking for it, there has been no update.
The only thing I found controlling the update-configuration: the automatical search for updates has been set to “never”. But even changing to “once a day” and manual search did not find an update.

Somebody an idea?

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Hi, The last build v0.18 released had some issues on the FP3. This issue has been reported on the forum and in Gitlab.
The build has been pulled out from the servers which may be why you are not able to access it. The team has identified a fix for it and it is being tested at the moment. We expect to release the fixed build on Monday 22 Aug.
Reg the Newsletter you can check re subscribe it or join any of our channel from the links given here

2 Likes

Thanks for the hint. In the meanwhile I got an update, everything is fine.
Besides: I didn’t find a possibility to (re) subscribe the Newsletter and seem to be too stupid to find the channels out of the given link.

List of newsletters : Newsletters - e Foundation - deGoogled unGoogled smartphone operating systems and online services - your data is your data
Subscription box is at bottom right :wink:

1 Like

Thanks alot for the information, but I do have problems to find out
which one the newsletter is that I got before.
Can I find that out on due to the old newsletter mails?
If yes: How?

Thank you for the hint and the list of newsletters. And sorry, that it
took such a long time to answer (busy times) :frowning:

I had a look at the list of newsletters but I could not find out, which
one is the newsletter I used to get.

Here is one newsletter I got in June - maybe you can tell me, which one
I have to subscribe out of the list of newsletters to get this
newsletter again.
Thanks alot in advance

Vera

Are you referring to Leaving Apple & Google: /e/ presents FairTEC, taking digital sobriety a step forward - e Foundation - deGoogled unGoogled smartphone operating systems and online services - your data is your data ?
It is tagged as May, 25 in the list, but I personaly received it on June, 10.

You can subscribe (fill the fields at bottom of the newsletters page), but you will only receive future news, not past ones.

Also, if you are a Patreon, please be aware that there is a separate newsletter : https://www.patreon.com/eelo/posts

Dear Sylvain,

no, I do not refer to this.
I want to know: What do I have to do to get the mails with the subject
“[/e/ community] Summary” and the senderemail community@e.email?

After installing Q I did not get them any more. These mails don’t seem
to come out of a newsletter subscription and I can’t remember having
done a newsletter subscription - the summeries have been fine for me.

Thanks in advance

Vera

Hi Vera,

Sorry for my misunderstanding :frowning:

I’m not aware of any community summary emailing, and can’t figure how it could be related to Q …

Anyway, you can try to check in your profile on community web site : click on the pink L at top right, then the Preferences icon (top right, just below the pink L), then Preferences again (the gear).
Here go to Emails, then check the “Mailing list mode” at bottom.

If this won’t help, maybe could @Manoj ?

Result of my “Mailing list mode” check:

• Send me an email when someone messages me: Always
  • Send me an email when someone quotes me, replies to my post, mentions my @username, or invites me to a topic: Always
  • Include previous replies at the bottom of emails: Never
  • Include an excerpt of replied to post in emails: Yes
  • Enable mailing list mode (This setting overrides the activity summary, Muted topics and categories are not included in these emails) : No

I interpret the last point of the list as if I will get en activity summary, if the mailing list mode is not enabled. But I am not sure, if this is the summary I got or if I have to enable the mailing list mode to get the former summary.

Maybe some reading here or here ?

@smu44 Thanks alot for the hints. The first link is very helpful, compared to my profile it shows that in my profile there is no Activity Summary:

Can you tell me how to bring it to my profile?

I wonder if you tick Enable mailing list mode, does the presentation change to this?

Yes, the presentation does change to this.

So you could just try that option for a few days, and see if you get enough news! :slight_smile:

As you mentioned elsewhere missing out on update news, you might try this:

Open Development Updates - /e/ community category.

Press the bell symbol near top right. Select Watching (that is explained, watching Category) and look forward to informative posts every Mon/Tues!

Sorry, but my problem is different: There is no possibility to activate the Activity Summary as shown here:
https://meta.discourse.org/t/discourse-activity-summary-emails-guide/36627#heading--user

In my profile it looks like that:

So I think your options look just like mine? I have heard no one talk of email digests here. I think our instance is not set to do the option you link from Discourse.

I activated the Watching of Development Updates.

Now I got 74 mails within 6 days. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

A lot of traffic on that thread this week!

There is an alternative. When you switch to watching that thread there is the option to have first post only sent …

Then, when that comes, you can choose day by day whether to stay tuned or tune out.