FP3 constantly rebboting when not in flight mode

Hello,

since yesterday my Fairphone 3 keeps crashing and rebooting almost every minute (literally), unless it is in flight mode. It was running /e/OS 1.12.3-s with the May update, but I updated to the latest version from June, and it didn’t resolve the issue.

Since it only happens when connected to the internet, I doubt it’s a hardware issue. I’ve tried uninstalling some apps that I suspected might cause a crash, but I haven’t managed to identify the source so far.

Has anybody else encountered this issue? Does anybody have an idea why?

Many thanks!

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

What exactly is installed now? Please refer to [HOWTO] Give complete /e/OS version info easily for support, answers, comparison etc on how to find out and paste here.

Via Wi-Fi or mobile network or both?

Does the issue persist in safe mode? … [HOWTO] Reboot into Safe Mode

If the issue is there with internet via Wi-Fi … does the issue persist if you remove the SIM card?

If the issue is there with internet via mobile network … do you have or can you borrow a different SIM card to check?

Do you use an SD card in the phone? If so, in which way did you let the system format it? (Asking because https://forum.fairphone.com/t/a-little-guide-to-using-sd-cards/37297)

Many thanks! Your post helped me identify the issue. It was caused by an old sim card. I am travelling, and the issue first ocurred right after landing, which should have been a good hint.

Case closed.

Thanks and best regards.

1 Like