FP3+ Hasn't updated since October

Hey everyone,
my Fairphone 3+ is stuck on version 1.5-q-20221031230909-dev-FP3.
Since October there have been no OTA updates. Is there a way to manually update /e/OS without resetting the phone?
Edit: complete version number

Please give the complete version, see [HOWTO] Give complete /e/OS version info easily for support, answers, comparison etc.

Hello @vas, e/q/dev mentions are missing from the version name you share…

Complete Version Number is 1.5-q-20221031230909-dev-FP3

1 Like

You are stuck at Android 10 (Q) :

https://images.ecloud.global/dev/FP3/

Only 1 OS version per device is supported, so you have to upgrade to a newer version.
At the moment this is Android 12(S) but in a few months tis going to change (again) to Android 13(T).

1 Like

Thank you. If I remember correctly, an OTA upgrade from Android 9 to 10 was possible. Is that not an option any more?

And if there is no OTA upgrade option, is there any way to upgrade without having to reinstall everything?

No. It was in development, but proved to be technically impossible.

It is an option, but only on the stable release channel. You’re on dev.

By default, be prepared that this will not work without wiping data.
If there were reports in the forum that anybody managed to do this without wiping data, you could try, of course, but better be prepared for a data wipe nonetheless.

3 Likes

Upgrade should work via adb without wiping data. But I would advice a backup.

1 Like

As a reference …

Please note that ADB Sideload doesn’t work with the image files currently offered online with the manual install instructions for /e/OS on FP3 (because the installation currently relies on Fastboot instead of ADB).
However, links to install files in the OTA format suitable for ADB Sideload are available via https://ota.ecloud.global/api/v1/FP3/dev (see the “url:” lines there).

2 Likes

I saw in your other post that you upgraded to 1.6-stable. What image did you use? I would like to switch to stable if at all possible

I didnt use any stable versions. I just kept using the files from the dev channel

1 Like

Switching the release channel is always a regular new install including data wipe (no loophole).

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.