FP3 installation : stuck in fastboot mode

hello

ihave the same problem FASTBOOT MODE is STOCK i have treid anything but notting works

please can you tell my what to do.

it say INVALD
and the nex step i do fastboot --set-active=a…
my computer says fastboot unknow option

what can i do?

What does fastboot --version say?

version eac51f2bb6a8-android

Internet says that’s ancient, so it would be no wonder if it doesn’t know some more recent options.

Make sure you use the current Android SDK Platform Tools.

i have download android sdk platform tools. and what must i do now?

Unzip the ZIP file to the folder you are operating in with the command line, then use the fastboot command there.

If you’re using Linux or macOS on the computer, you might want to add a ./ in front of it to make sure the command line uses the downloaded command instead of the older one (resulting in ./fastboot etc.).

i can not find are zip folder i yuse a microsoft computer

1. You downloaded the ZIP file platform-tools_r31.0.3-windows.zip.

2. You execute the fastboot command in a command line, the command line prompt shows you in which folder you are doing that. Usually it would be in C:\Users\yourusername, but depending on what you did until now, you could be in a different folder by now. Only you know or can see that (unless you post a screenshot).

Now you have to bring the two together. platform-tools_r31.0.3-windows.zip is a ZIP archive, its contents need to go into the folder your command line shows you.
Just right-click the file in Explorer, choose extract everything (or similar) and then use the assistant coming up to extract the contents to the folder your command line shows you.
Then try to execute fastboot --version again in the command line, it should say something different than before.

1 Like

i dont no more how to fix this.

Its in fastboot mode

can you help my i am not relly tecnichal but a step by step i think that whil help my

Thanks Greetings jdv

To get any further, the current task is still the same: Get a recent fastboot command to work on your computer. Did you do that?

hello thank yo that you will help my.
first i have remove a lot of rong downloads. so i whant to start fhres.

what must i do?
I have downloaded platform-tools_r31.0.3-v and this is in my folder downloads.
all thing taht i download go to this folder is that good?

my downloades go to a rong folder the download folder that is rong.

so where musth i instal the downloads? os c.and than?

It’s as good as any other folder as long as you know where it is.

Ok, let’s try it this way …

• In Explorer, go to the downloaded platform-tools_r31.0.3-windows.zip and right-click it, then choose “Open with” and then “Windows-Explorer”.
    Explorer should show you a folder named platform-tools then.

• Now copy this folder platform-tools to C: (just drag it there with the mouse).

• Press Windows + R (as in Run)
    In the window that comes up then, just enter cmd and click OK. This will run cmd and open a command line.

• On the command line execute cd c:\platform-tools
    The command line prompt should change to c:\platform-tools> then, and now the command line will operate in that folder.

• Execute fastboot --version, what does it say?

1 Like

nu staat er31.0.3-7562133.

1 Like

slot a= okay en slot b=okay so whats next

hello i have reboot the phone and now have a fairphone on my screen :grinning: :grinning:
i have read that this procec cuth take time. for now i am happy

For the record : using Windows 10, another way is to launch a PowerShell command interpreter from the folder in Explorer : [HOWTO] Verify a checksum using Windows 10.
(if needed, classic shell interpreter can be launch with cmd command from there :wink: ).